Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Another issue with enemy health on Very Hard is that you literally can't do the Silent Strike and Gliding Strike trial because even with full skills you can't oneshot the robots in the trial with stealth attacks.

Shit like that is just bad design that makes me play default difficulty.

I'm to old to chase the gold medal anyway.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

It's quite a disappointing oversight but you can always just modify the difficulty just to get the trials done, then change it back to v. hard.

I'm on hard difficulty, and I think it's a solid place to be. They're spongy but not too, and I've died quite a few times to new things, which is sort of where I want to be.

The corrupted "Fa" tusk-dino thing was pretty rough. I found it next to impossible to perfectly dodge his fireball-mortar attacks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Not sure on that it seems to be by area. I haven’t had any issues. Try clearing your cache in the system menu and if that doesn’t work rebuild your database I bet that fixes it.

This is a thing you can do on a ps5? Is that fairly intuitive and easy to find, or am I going to need instructions?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Found the track that's playing 95% of the time for me. I think what's playing is a shortened or modified version of this track; I actually don't hear much of the string/woodwind sounds, it's mostly just the bass beat. It's fgreat actiony/suspenseful background music, but holy hell it gets tiresome after awhile (~20 hours played, outside of cutscenes this has been playing the entire time).

Found a Reddit thread where someone posted this bug report:

• Console: PS4

• Type of Bug: Audio bug

• Description: The one specific battle background music keeps playing over and over again through everything (dialogues ect.). Tried reload save, still keeps playing. Turn off the ps system. Run the game, reload the last save (only save) still keeps playing. Cant play the game with this. Its iritating as hell. I am sad.

• Reproduction rate: 11/10

• Steps to reproduce: everytime. Cant play

• Expected result: The music should be fixed and stop playing.

• Observed result: Music is still playing. Looks like that the music background bug is ssved in the saved game. Thats a bug problem.

Thx.

~20 replies with lots of others saying they have the same issue, and apparently it's not just this track. Someone posted a fix that I plan to try when I get home, but I've already been to Plainsong so I doubt it's a fix for me.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This is a thing you can do on a ps5? Is that fairly intuitive and easy to find, or am I going to need instructions?

Yeah so power down your ps5 completely. Manually hold the power button for 7 seconds (until you hear three beeps) and release. It will bring you so the safe menu. For the next part you have to have your controller wired in via USB. Clear cache and then rebuild database then it will reboot and some menu slide options will be a bit different but you can get that back to normal. Start the game and see if it fixed it :)

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Soooo apparently I'm playing "Mass Effect" at this point and this makes me very happy.

Guerilla done out-Biowared Bioware

Sure did I just did a side quest where a gay guy is being not included in his clan and makes the “feels good. Feels right” guy from andromeda look like an amateur. Main character NPC; “I know what he is feeling. Especially since I am a man wearing women’s armor” then I went off to save the poor gay dude. Sweet Christ. Skipped right through that shit.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Is this really $80 for PS5? Fuck I'm too cheap for modern AAA games.

its a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5, just buy the PS4 version, go to the store and "buy" the free PS5 upgrade, and download the PS5 version. yeah its retarded

i'm waiting until im burned out on elden ring but ill be buying the physical PS4 version and playing from that on my PS5, should be $30-40 in 2-3 months at best buy, gamestop, etc. heck its probably $50 right now in store at Walmart

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am definitely out leveling content so it's good that I'm playing it on hard (very hard makes things just annoyingly bullet sponge). I'm 27 but doing level 19 quests because I'm chasing the plotlines (and skill points)

I'm definitely behind on leveling up my weapons though owing to needing rare materials. Finally got a decent Tear weapon so that should make things much easier.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok story is picking up now it’s really getting good :)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Apparently, you have to silent strike + smoke bomb + silent strike again.

I think I've gotta practice with smoke bombs, I could be really missing out on a powerful ability.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Apparently, you have to silent strike + smoke bomb + silent strike again.

I think I've gotta practice with smoke bombs, I could be really missing out on a powerful ability.

They're solid, they actually sorta 'mez' the mobs caught in the blast for a few seconds.

Plus I get to yell SMOKE BOMB like Krieger every time I do it, so...

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The one bug I've noticed so far is the hunting grounds doesn't complete even though all trials are completed on gold. Quest just says talk to the hunting master.
Annoying but not game breaking by any stretch.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The one bug I've noticed so far is the hunting grounds doesn't complete even though all trials are completed on gold. Quest just says talk to the hunting master.
Annoying but not game breaking by any stretch.
You still get all the rewards, and it turns green on the map. The quest just stays in your log.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is my first PS5 game. System has been sitting boxed since Christmas. I bought this and a used ps5 controller at Gamestop yesterday. Controller has a 30 day warranty. I think the controller might be fucked, it seems like the right stick wanders randomly. When you are running around in game, the camera should stay fixed where you put it, right? Mine keeps trying to look up at the sky.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This is my first PS5 game. System has been sitting boxed since Christmas. I bought this and a used ps5 controller at Gamestop yesterday. Controller has a 30 day warranty. I think the controller might be fucked, it seems like the right stick wanders randomly. When you are running around in game, the camera should stay fixed where you put it, right? Mine keeps trying to look up at the sky.

Yeah it’s borked. Why did you buy a controller?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Sometimes I feel like I'm Wile E. Coyote and the machines are Road Runner.

I make this perfect plan, and set up traps and tripwires...and a few dodges later somehow these machines have lured me into my own traps and I die.

I looked at the traps and tripwires and they are not made by ACME, so I'm not sure what's wrong. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Sometimes I feel like I'm Wile E. Coyote and the machines are Road Runner.

I make this perfect plan, and set up traps and tripwires...and a few dodges later somehow these machines have lured me into my own traps and I die.

I looked at the traps and tripwires and they are not made by ACME, so I'm not sure what's wrong. :)

As someone who lacks the sort of situational awareness necessary to use traps and trips I feel your pain. I haven't put a single skill point into the Trap tree (or machine tree for that matter) because of this. Also means I don't bother with food since I can't bring myself to use it with a 3 min duration.

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Figured I should have a pair.

Fair enough. I can’t say personally I’d ever buy a used ps5 controller given all the internal gadgets prone to overuse fail. I’d recommend just biting the bullet and buying a new one.