Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Where is that? I'm at the point where the main branches into 3... do you find that one at Poseidon? Or later?
To answer your question about where to get unrestricted swimming
yes, Poseidon quest unlocks unrestricted swimming

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
To answer your question about where to get unrestricted swimming
yes, Poseidon quest unlocks unrestricted swimming
You don't even have to finish the Poseidon Adventure *cackles* you just have to start it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Turns out the plat for this is far from 100% completion so I’m thinking I’ll be finish up the main quest and the last couple of trophies I’m missing tomorrow. I’ll probably pick it back up again before DLC to dip my toe in the arena, but the fall of Elden Ring is too tempting to put off any longer.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I want to replay this when it comes to PC but I have no idea how you'd do any of the melee combos playing Kb/M, they're barely doable with a controller.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
My problem is I don't want to take the time to upgrade weapons or armor beyond the basic easy levels with more common drops because I keep thinking the next area is just going to have better equipment that will be more worthwhile to upgrade. However, a few main story quests were a bit challenging, so I'm starting to question that mentality.

I'm at the point where blue is more common than green, but purple is starting to show up, for reference. More specifically:

I've just finished the main quest that brings Beta back to the base

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some of the better blue gear is worth upgrading all the way, it'll last you a while and can be better than some purples until you start upgrading purples.

Upgrade the armor to where you get the +2 skill weave and then you can take that out and put that weave in later armor. There are no +3 skill weaves AFAIK.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Some of the better blue gear is worth upgrading all the way, it'll last you a while and can be better than some purples until you start upgrading purples.

Upgrade the armor to where you get the +2 skill weave and then you can take that out and put that weave in later armor. There are no +3 skill weaves AFAIK.

I think there's a global +2 cap on skill increases.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My problem is I don't want to take the time to upgrade weapons or armor beyond the basic easy levels with more common drops because I keep thinking the next area is just going to have better equipment that will be more worthwhile to upgrade. However, a few main story quests were a bit challenging, so I'm starting to question that mentality.

I'm at the point where blue is more common than green, but purple is starting to show up, for reference. More specifically:

I've just finished the main quest that brings Beta back to the base
The biggest diff in blue and purple weapons is whether it has regular vs advanced ammo (eg hunter ammo vs advanced hunter ammo for hunter bow). Of course the rarity also determines number of coil slots and perk upgrades but I made it though 75% of the main story (on Very Hard) with blue weapons and only upgraded to purples when I saw them on vendors and saw they had the better ammo types.

Don’t forget you get a portion of the mats back when you sell the weapon to a vendor as well.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Did not know this, never sold anything.
Looks like it’s just some shards, braided wire, med/large cores, and luminous brainstems. I’m overflowing with all those, so probably not as helpful as I thought. For some reason I was thinking you got the other stuff back too (like tusks, fangs, antlers, etc).

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the platinum. Very satisfying game overall. Don’t want to say any more as I think it’s something everyone should experience themselves. I wouldn’t say greatest of all time, but probably top 20.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I held onto almost all of my weapons and armor this time as there was quite a lot of differentiation in overall type / locked in perks. In the first game there were definitive 'this is the best' items for the different slots but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

My purgewater/acid/somethingelse slingshot was definitely my overall MVP however

also I'm glad I'm not the only person who did this:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I held onto almost all of my weapons and armor this time as there was quite a lot of differentiation in overall type / locked in perks. In the first game there were definitive 'this is the best' items for the different slots but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

My purgewater/acid/somethingelse slingshot was definitely my overall MVP however

also I'm glad I'm not the only person who did this:

Man I would’ve watched that for a bit as well. Somehow I missed it.

spronk

FPS noob
Horizon devs a little salty Elden Ring getting such high critic reviews while HFW is sitting at a respectable 88/100 (83% users).

o4jds8ya5fl81.png

It is pretty telling that dev is mad that "quest design" isn't recognized in HFW, when the entire point of people loving ER is that quests aren't baby spoon fed you like every western RPG now.

first guy also works at ubisoft lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Elden Ring doesnt really have quests. Not really. It has interactions with mysterious NPCs that give you cryptic messages or ask you for favors. Its subtle but there is actually a difference. You never feel like you have a distinct objective because you never feel like you're being ordered towards progression. There also arent hundreds of tasks to complete or hubs and cities full of merchants and quest givers. The NPCs that you come across you actually have to find, and they tell you weird stories instead of just saying "Oh my commander said you were good, we need armaments for our war effort from the shit that's attacking our barricade 20 feet away".

The guy commenting on quest design specifically in that tweet doesnt understand just how well From Software actually does that. He cant see the forest for the trees

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The quests in HFW are a vast improvement over the follow the ! quest design in other games. They are all telling stories, none of them are the nonsense fetch bear asses or go pick up that thing over there and give it to me. This in itself deserves recognition - and so here I am recognising it!
Hopefully the devs don't have some bullshit like 90% metacritic required to get your huge bonuses or anything like that because the salt in that thread is sad. HFW is an excellent game and they rightfully should be proud of it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't think it's really about quest design. They are just upset Elden Ring is way more popular and selling so well. A multi-platform game that is also on PC is always gonna gain more recognition.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users