Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

I don't know if I can wait for fat-loy to be on sale/diet. Must. Not. Click. This. Thread. Yet.

Looks like you guys universally love it?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'm really digging it on a 1st gen PS4. I'm looking forward to playing it with everything turned on in the future on my PC. Hopefully it won't take 3+ years this time.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So uh, does she really look like a man in this game or were all those concerns overblown and unfounded?

Heard enough good things about this game that I'm looking forward to it either way, after Elden Ring and Sekiro and the other ten games I'm backed-up on. "Only ten?" says most of this forum when reached for comment.
There's been one or two shots where she looks kinda weird--one in the opening cutscene in particular--but other than that, she looks fine.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

I don't know if I can wait for fat-loy to be on sale/diet. Must. Not. Click. This. Thread. Yet.

Looks like you guys universally love it?
I'm failing brother, the abyss is taking me...

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Whomever said they out Mass Effected Mass Effect was right. Aside from the lack of romance options, the main campaign structure and dialogue interrogatories are basically the best version of the Bioware-style RPG plot structure.

The main campaign has been incredible so far.

If I had one complaint about the game is that the sheer number of side quests/errands where someone ran off from their tribe trying to prove themselves as a warrior and got eaten by machines/stuck on a mountain is hilariously overdone. There's literally one or two of these idiots in every major hub.

One thing that really stands out is the itemization. It was pretty weak in the first one. In this one, there is an absolute ton of unique weapons with unique combinations of stats, ammo types and modifiers, and a lot of different armors as well. And everything has 4-5 upgrade levels that require hunting for rare materials to unlock progression for each item. Only complaint is that the highest tier armors don't have 3 mod slots, but they do have up to 5 modifiers of their own.

Very Hard is pretty fucking brutal later in the game. I have no idea how you're supposed to beat the first tier boss in the Arena competition with the crappy standardized loadout they give you. I mean, I see people on the leaderboard have done it, just... idk how lol.

EDIT:

Let's watch this Chinaman do it:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I finished the main plot and did all the side quests but obviously missed some things like Cauldrons etc. I am, however, no where near maxed on my weapons and don't even know where the heck to find some of the materials I still need.

I read that they do have DLC plans based on a shop-leak via a ratings board so I may hold off on further adventures until that is cleared up. Unlike the first game they leave room for DLC story after the "finale" rather than shoehorning it into the lead-up quest sequence.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I finished the main plot and did all the side quests but obviously missed some things like Cauldrons etc. I am, however, no where near maxed on my weapons and don't even know where the heck to find some of the materials I still need.

I read that they do have DLC plans based on a shop-leak via a ratings board so I may hold off on further adventures until that is cleared up. Unlike the first game they leave room for DLC story after the "finale" rather than shoehorning it into the lead-up quest sequence.
In the first game, a bunch of dialogue actually changes in the DLC depending at what point in the story you do it.

I'm trying not to have the ending spoiled as there's been a bunch of plot twists so far, but at the pace I actually complete the main story it's gonna be a while, especially as I'm having to scavenge for upgrades any way I can.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Whomever said they out Mass Effected Mass Effect was right. Aside from the lack of romance options, the main campaign structure and dialogue interrogatories are basically the best version of the Bioware-style RPG plot structure.

The main campaign has been incredible so far.

If I had one complaint about the game is that the sheer number of side quests/errands where someone ran off from their tribe trying to prove themselves as a warrior and got eaten by machines/stuck on a mountain is hilariously overdone. There's literally one or two of these idiots in every major hub.

One thing that really stands out is the itemization. It was pretty weak in the first one. In this one, there is an absolute ton of unique weapons with unique combinations of stats, ammo types and modifiers, and a lot of different armors as well. And everything has 4-5 upgrade levels that require hunting for rare materials to unlock progression for each item. Only complaint is that the highest tier armors don't have 3 mod slots, but they do have up to 5 modifiers of their own.

Very Hard is pretty fucking brutal later in the game. I have no idea how you're supposed to beat the first tier boss in the Arena competition with the crappy standardized loadout they give you. I mean, I see people on the leaderboard have done it, just... idk how lol.

EDIT:

Let's watch this Chinaman do it:

Yeah I felt like I was doing pretty good on Very Hard until I stepped into the arena. I did end up beating that boss (after at least 10 retries) but I had literally 3 seconds left on the clock. I tried several diff strats and ended up just throwing everything the load out provided at it. The disrupt tripwires or whatever they’re called seemed to help quite a bit to cancel its lunging attacks mid-animation. I used the valor surge to stack the frost arrows and then used hunter arrows on weak spots once it was frozen.

I haven’t tried the boss of second arena set yet. I consistently take 5-15 seconds too long on the fight with 2 grimhorns to get the medals reward. Fortunately you only have to beat the challenge to unlock the next (not beat it in a certain amount of time). So I’m thinking I’ll beat the 2nd boss to unlock the rest of the arena and get enough medals for a legendary bow.

One of the melee pits is kicking my ass too. It’s the one where you combo the leap over and leap off. I think I just need practice and muscle memory.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I felt like I was doing pretty good on Very Hard until I stepped into the arena. I did end up beating that boss (after at least 10 retries) but I had literally 3 seconds left on the clock. I tried several diff strats and ended up just throwing everything the load out provided at it. The disrupt tripwires or whatever they’re called seemed to help quite a bit to cancel its lunging attacks mid-animation. I used the valor surge to stack the frost arrows and then used hunter arrows on weak spots once it was frozen.

I haven’t tried the boss of second arena set yet. I consistently take 5-15 seconds too long on the fight with 2 grimhorns to get the medals reward. Fortunately you only have to beat the challenge to unlock the next (not beat it in a certain amount of time). So I’m thinking I’ll beat the 2nd boss to unlock the rest of the arena and get enough medals for a legendary bow.

One of the melee pits is kicking my ass too. It’s the one where you combo the leap over and leap off. I think I just need practice and muscle memory.
I was doing good on Very Hard until I got to some side quests where I have to fight a Thunderjaw and the elephant thing (Tremortusk?) at the same time loooooool.

I'll probably have to drop the difficulty to beat the arena snake. That forced loadout they give you is utter shit. I'll try the tripwires.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Very Hard just gets harder the higher level you get. Now all Shellsnappers spawn as Apex Shellsnappers, for instance, which kinda sucks if you need to farm Shellsnapper Bolts...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Very Hard just gets harder the higher level you get. Now all Shellsnappers spawn as Apex Shellsnappers, for instance, which kinda sucks if you need to farm Shellsnapper Bolts...
You say that but I can’t find an apex tremortusk to upgrade my bow (and I just hit level 47 or 48).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've gone off the main quest completely for the last few days and don't see getting back into it for a while. I'm doing main quests, exploring, doing jobs to increase diverse bag sizes, upgrade weapons and armor and just wandering around.

I'm killing stuff I have no need of killing just because they are in my way. I don't remember the last time, I just enjoyed being in a world so much just for the sake of being there.

I can't wait to get back to the main story, but I'm afraid that the moment it's done, I'll just stop since I have so many games in backlog to play. This way I can't stop since I'm done. :)

I seriously hope they support this game with a few large DLC.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've gone off the main quest completely for the last few days and don't see getting back into it for a while. I'm doing main quests, exploring, doing jobs to increase diverse bag sizes, upgrade weapons and armor and just wandering around.

I'm killing stuff I have no need of killing just because they are in my way. I don't remember the last time, I just enjoyed being in a world so much just for the sake of being there.

I can't wait to get back to the main story, but I'm afraid that the moment it's done, I'll just stop since I have so many games in backlog to play. This way I can't stop since I'm done. :)

I seriously hope they support this game with a few large DLC.
I haven’t heard if they’ve announced plans for DLC. The only DLC for HZD was fairly sizable.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I haven’t heard if they’ve announced plans for DLC. The only DLC for HZD was fairly sizable.
I thought the DLC for the first one was very good, you can see where they refined the formula during the DLC and how that impacted how they made this game.

I definitely recommend doing the story up until at least when you get the ability to swim unrestricted, as that opens up a lot of stuff that's blocked off. There's 2 more metroidvania style upgrades after that which I don't have yet, but most of the world is open to me.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the DLC for the first one was very good, you can see where they refined the formula during the DLC and how that impacted how they made this game.

I definitely recommend doing the story up until at least when you get the ability to swim unrestricted, as that opens up a lot of stuff that's blocked off. There's 2 more metroidvania style upgrades after that which I don't have yet, but most of the world is open to me.

I am far enough that I have swimming, and the thingy to open both blocked paths, basically stopped the story after that since I wanted to open up the world.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The swim unrestricted is arguably the most impactful metroidvania unlock, but being able to get past the metal flowers offers some collectibles and shards.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’m feeling the side quest burn out but it’s probably 90% due to wanting to dive into Elden Ring. Not sure what my play time is at, probably between 40-50 hours.

Everything (main/side quests, world building, combat) has been top notch and I’m impressed with how much content they’ve managed to pack in. I’ve encountered a few annoying bugs but nothing game stopping. I think I’m close to the end of the main quest, then I’ll see what I need for the plat trophy and move on to Elden Ring.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
You say that but I can’t find an apex tremortusk to upgrade my bow (and I just hit level 47 or 48).

Something in-game said the way Apex work is Heph cranks out tougher shit if you kill the same type. So if you need an Apex tremortusk, just farm tremortusks and you should eventually see one created.

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Where is that? I'm at the point where the main branches into 3... do you find that one at Poseidon? Or later?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Does anyone fucking miss this? I have my own life, I don't need romance in my video games.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users