Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'll probably eventually get a PS5, I've had every other PS console. It won't be until I can walk in a store/click on a website and buy it though. Fuck lotteries, fuck scalpers.
They've been getting pretty easy to get. I just got mine from Walmart.com.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Never played the first one, would I need to go back to enjoy this or can I start here?
You can also probably just watch a Lets Play type video on Youtube:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
HFW is a much better overall entertainment product. The synergy of combat and crafting, the overall flow of battle, the epic story and quest design etc.

Elden Ring is a game about edging. It punches you in the dick over and over and then doles out a bit of endorphins before slamming another hit in. The combat is okay at best, especially anything ranged which suffers from stupid center-of-mass based line of sight issues. The story is...absolute shit. There is nothing at all engaging about the story or 'quest design' in Elden Ring. It hangs it's entire narrative on 'creepy gothic body horror' mixed with LOTR fan fic.

Nobody likes you. So there.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finished the story at around 80 hours. Still have some stuff to do on the map.

I loved the game. It’s basically superior in almost every way, like combat, gear, exploration, the machines, the side quests etc.

The one place it felt short it’s the main story, don’t get me wrong I thought it was excellent and had some great moments and some great characters and some interesting twists. The original was a little better I think, it had a more satisfying conclusion but mostly it was something new. Learning about the world and what happened to it through the story elevated it. This was a fun and we learned new things but nowhere near as exciting as the original.

I’m at 85% completion but doubt I’ll go for platinum since it requires some stuff I don’t care for like the hunting lodge didn’t do them in original and haven’t done a single one on this either.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Finished the story at around 80 hours. Still have some stuff to do on the map.

I loved the game. It’s basically superior in almost every way, like combat, gear, exploration, the machines, the side quests etc.

The one place it felt short it’s the main story, don’t get me wrong I thought it was excellent and had some great moments and some great characters and some interesting twists. The original was a little better I think, it had a more satisfying conclusion but mostly it was something new. Learning about the world and what happened to it through the story elevated it. This was a fun and we learned new things but nowhere near as exciting as the original.

I’m at 85% completion but doubt I’ll go for platinum since it requires some stuff I don’t care for like the hunting lodge didn’t do them in original and haven’t done a single one on this either.
The hunting lodge stuff in this one is basically just tutorial stuff, they're all short and not even remotely hard.

The melee pit was kinda stupid though, still did it for the increased spear damage.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Never played the first one, would I need to go back to enjoy this or can I start here?

Zero Dawn is absolutely worth playing and it's cheap. Grab a copy and give it a try. If you don't like it, it's a good indicator that you probably won't like Forbidden West. FW is more of the same, just with improved skill trees and itemization. The core gameplay is hasn't changed a heck of a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The hunting lodge stuff in this one is basically just tutorial stuff, they're all short and not even remotely hard.

The melee pit was kinda stupid though, still did it for the increased spear damage.
The mount trial one and attacking from above were rough enough on Very Hard that I dropped the difficulty. I also shamelessly dropped the difficulty for the melee pits to get the plat trophy.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
1646835693212.png

• 16Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 16 users

spronk

FPS noob
patch 1.07 out, spoilered just for size

I own the game digitally on ps5 but dunno when i'll actually play, see myself busy with Elden Ring for a while

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Not a lot to talk about; it's a single-platform, single-player game with no replayability.

It doesn't even have New Game+ yet.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looking forward to finishing this after ER but I’m 100 hours into that and I’m still fiending for more.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
After a certain point in the story the vendor out the front of your base suddenly sells a huge variety of purple weapons and armour. I've spent the last several hours of playtime farming parts to upgrade it all. I've taken to just using precision tear blast arrows, looting all of the pieces then running off without bothering to kill the monster. At first I was killing them quickly using advanced explosive spikes but that consumes ammo way too fast for my liking.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
After a certain point in the story the vendor out the front of your base suddenly sells a huge variety of purple weapons and armour. I've spent the last several hours of playtime farming parts to upgrade it all. I've taken to just using precision tear blast arrows, looting all of the pieces then running off without bothering to kill the monster. At first I was killing them quickly using advanced explosive spikes but that consumes ammo way too fast for my liking.
That vendor just sells the same stuff you can get from all far-flung cities you passed on your way to the main story objectives.