Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I never noticed...

I do want to go back and finish off all the bits I left untouched and max my weapons. Was waiting to hear definitive DLC plans though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Maxing out a single legendary weapon or armor requires a whole lot of fucking rare mats.

Ironically the easiest purple hunter bow to max is the one that just takes greenshine chunks.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Mine are all stuck on apex hearts which seem annoying to farm. I rotated the 3 behemoth sites 3-4 times each trying to get an apex one to spawn with no luck. Even if I did get one to spawn I assume the heart is a rare drop too - although maybe not, I'm not sure.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mine are all stuck on apex hearts which seem annoying to farm. I rotated the 3 behemoth sites 3-4 times each trying to get an apex one to spawn with no luck. Even if I did get one to spawn I assume the heart is a rare drop too - although maybe not, I'm not sure.
On Very Hard, it's hard to get a non-Apex Behemoth to spawn, at least for me. (Apex spawn rates are higher on higher difficulties.)

The drop chances are listed in your machine catalogue.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I just googled it and apparently apex won't spawn if you haven't killed any of the normal ones, which I think I haven't. Guess I should read my machine catalogue more!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This has the best NPC's graphics quality wise I think I've ever seen. Little kid looks fucking real.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

Find a shelter, progress to night, check spawn. Should be apex probably 80% of the time.

Even on easy. I played on very hard for 60hours and got tired of bullet sponge and after I got arena hunter bow I just easy’d the mats. Probably could have just used the black boxes or those shards but forget where that shard vendor was.

of all baddies I’m I think fireclaw is the most annoying to kill. Don’t think devs intended that…

apex slaughterspine is easy to put tons of damage on when you can stand at its side shooting all the vuln spots.

idk either but the heavy weapons blow. This game definitely is sjw. Wish they gave more dialogue options, seems few and far between. Hard to complain, can easily see putting 80hours into this. I spent probably an hour swimming in the ocean alone trying to get past the current. So pretty, and fully expected some giant ass megalodon to come eat me the entire time.

The instant brittle weapon coil is definitely the way to go.

And its vastly understated how well the terrain is designed in this game. If you want to go somewhere, even out of climbing paths, you can typically find a way. So many games will just invisible wall that shit and call it good. One example is west of arena, can wall jump your way around ledges at a waterfall and you’ll find an unmapped location with both a stormbird and dreadwing chilling.

Technically you were probably meant to come in from the east along the mountain top, but that isn’t the first time you “see” it. Just a lot of the little things.

The human v human combat is pretty derpy but on some times you’ll get sniped and/or durka durka Muhammad jihadded before you know it.

Lots of brown…

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
And its vastly understated how well the terrain is designed in this game. If you want to go somewhere, even out of climbing paths, you can typically find a way. So many games will just invisible wall that shit and call it good. One example is west of arena, can wall jump your way around ledges at a waterfall and you’ll find an unmapped location with both a stormbird and dreadwing chilling.
Yes, I've done a huge amount of non standard mountain climbing and not once have I gotten stuck or fallen through the world. That is something I find truly amazing.
The only bug of that type I've had was a dreadwing I was fighting somehow spazzed out and got stuck under the world. The giant robots can manage something I couldn't!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I've done a huge amount of non standard mountain climbing and not once have I gotten stuck or fallen through the world. That is something I find truly amazing.
The only bug of that type I've had was a dreadwing I was fighting somehow spazzed out and got stuck under the world. The giant robots can manage something I couldn't!
There's at least 4-5 major secret areas that are off the map that you can only get to by climbing.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There's at least 4-5 major secret areas that are off the map that you can only get to by climbing.
Major in what way? I found quite a few open areas at the edge of the map/top of cliffs on the east and north but they always end with threatening to reload your save game if you keep going and I didn't find too much interesting loot. There are a couple in particular to the east that look like they open into huge explorable open areas but you can't proceed into them. Maybe DLC space although there are story related options that are obvious DLC targets too.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Major in what way? I found quite a few open areas at the edge of the map/top of cliffs on the east and north but they always end with threatening to reload your save game if you keep going and I didn't find too much interesting loot. There are a couple in particular to the east that look like they open into huge explorable open areas but you can't proceed into them. Maybe DLC space although there are story related options that are obvious DLC targets too.
Yeah I’m not sure what big mist considers major. I found a few areas that are technically off the map but they were just robot spawns (tremortusks, firebears, etc).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Skipping most of the talk so I don't catch any spoilers, but chiming in that the wife is 98 hours in and isn't done with the main story. She's hogging the Ps5, and it's quite rude!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I’m not sure what big mist considers major. I found a few areas that are technically off the map but they were just robot spawns (tremortusks, firebears, etc).
There's a few that have a ton of chests and/or Slagshine in addition to the spawns.

There's one where you can override a Stormcrow and use it to fight a Dreadwing or vice versa.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Last mission was short and anti-climactic from a gameplay perspective. I liked the final sequences of HZD and FW a whole lot more. Kinda takes away from the rest of the game that leads up to it to have the last mission be so short and 1-dimensional. A weak final mission can knock quite a bit off the total score of a game for me, see Mass Effect 3, though not quite that bad since we did actually get a final boss in this one, just not as difficult of a final boss as in HZD or FW.

I do like the way they set up the final game though, how it's basically the antithesis of the original game's plot. Giant AI swarm is on the way, no, we're not running or hatching some kind of plan to hide underground this time. We're just going to have to figure out how to stand and fight it, even if that sounds kinda insane given that the world is just a bunch of disconnected tribal knuckledraggers with improvised weapons. I do wonder how that will actually manifest in the game, like, do we start the third game with Nemesis extinction robots already landing on Earth? Guess it allows them to get really creative with new robots since they've probably nearly run out of robo-gearanimals.

I find it funny that we're 2 games into the series now and have seen a ton of dead Horus titans and haven't actually gotten to fight one yet. I wonder if Nemesis will activate them or if Aloy will find a way to get the old Faro robots on her side.

• 1Solidarity

SeanDoe1z1

Last mission was short and anti-climactic from a gameplay perspective. I liked the final sequences of HZD and FW a whole lot more. Kinda takes away from the rest of the game that leads up to it to have the last mission be so short and 1-dimensional. A weak final mission can knock quite a bit off the total score of a game for me, see Mass Effect 3, though not quite that bad since we did actually get a final boss in this one, just not as difficult of a final boss as in HZD or FW.

I do like the way they set up the final game though, how it's basically the antithesis of the original game's plot. Giant AI swarm is on the way, no, we're not running or hatching some kind of plan to hide underground this time. We're just going to have to figure out how to stand and fight it, even if that sounds kinda insane given that the world is just a bunch of disconnected tribal knuckledraggers with improvised weapons. I do wonder how that will actually manifest in the game, like, do we start the third game with Nemesis extinction robots already landing on Earth? Guess it allows them to get really creative with new robots since they've probably nearly run out of robo-gearanimals.

I find it funny that we're 2 games into the series now and have seen a ton of dead Horus titans and haven't actually gotten to fight one yet. I wonder if Nemesis will activate them or if Aloy will find a way to get the old Faro robots on her side.
I put in 80 hours before the final mission, so was kind of ready to finish it and have a busy schedule this month …

so ran through it, literally. probably the first “stealth” I actually did. It was comedic. I also killed regalia so the end was like…

Lol JK we can just summon an army on whim? Maybe I misread that, was distracted. I didn’t mind it per say, felt a bit rushed but I can’t complain on the game with so much content.

Kind of disjointed but the IP is worth so much you know it has to continue. At least I didn’t see the nemesis part coming.

overall first game I’ve played to finish in awhile.