Horizon: Zero Dawn

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Wow apparently I didn't do the lodge, get some endgame weapons, or even see 2 of the robot types, looks like I get to go back once the dlc drops, woohoo!

The one thing the sequel needs is a difficulty boost. I played on very hard and without any of these lodge weapons I just found out about I still wrecked this game.

I really think a lot of what drew me in was Aloy.

They didn't make the female lead empowers just cause xyz, they didn't make her a copy of some male precursor, she was a fleshed out character with great dialogue.

Also the feeling of being dismissed by everyone including your so called mother at the start, to bring the iconic savior of the lands, it's a pretty powerful narrative and keep me going. God this game was good.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Now that work is about to slow down a bit I bought the deluxe edition. Checking out the art while this downloads and playing Soma.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
This game is fantastic! Should have jumped on it at launch but Zelda got in the way. Finished the proving and got out the gate, what a great story setup for the rest of the game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This game is fantastic! Should have jumped on it at launch but Zelda got in the way. Finished the proving and got out the gate, what a great story setup for the rest of the game.
Yeah, I also just picked it up on sale. It's pretty good, but it's going to take me forever to beat. I start heading toward the mission point and end up wasting an hour killing boards and turkeys.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So clearly this is the Banuk tribe

Takes place in what is clearly Yellowstone and Devil's Tower which would put it in Wyoming aka to the north of Colorado which is precisely where the Banuk reside.

Ladro

Anomaly
Yeah, I also just picked it up on sale. It's pretty good, but it's going to take me forever to beat. I start heading toward the mission point and end up wasting an hour killing boards and turkeys.

Hah! Yeah I'm in the same boat and am collecting everything I see and killing almost everything that I can. Love these kinds of games, triggers my completionist tendencies. Looks to be a ~80-90 hour game if you leisurely do everything.

• 1Solidarity

Fedor

<Banned>
yesterday the official site said the dlc was 10 hours of content but then they removed that sentence

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You guys mind putting DLC speculation in spoilers? There are a lot of new players, self included, that just picked this up on sale.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The game is really starting to get fun/challenging now. I'm playing on Hard, which feels slightly challenging in the bigger fights, but not very "hard". Are there difficulty-based achievements?

As amazing as this game looks and plays, can we talk about the voice acting? It's rough coming from recently playing The Last of Us again. Why does every single guy you talk to sound like a 100 lb nerd?! Aloy also sounds like some snarky teenage girl and feels very out of place in the setting of the game. I almost laugh every time during a cutscene, just because of how stupid they sound half of the time.

• 1Solidarity

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The game is really starting to get fun/challenging now. I'm playing on Hard, which feels slightly challenging in the bigger fights, but not very "hard". Are there difficulty-based achievements?

As amazing as this game looks and plays, can we talk about the voice acting? It's rough coming from recently playing The Last of Us again. Why does every single guy you talk to sound like a 100 lb nerd?! Aloy also sounds like some snarky teenage girl and feels very out of place in the setting of the game. I almost laugh every time during a cutscene, just because of how stupid they sound half of the time.

I don't think it's that bad, but coming from TLOU I see your point. You should stop playing, load up Andromeda for an hour, and then go back to Horizon. That will fix you. :)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Are metal shards always going to be a problem? I want to buy more weapons and armor but the forced harvesting requirement for arrows and the like is starting to drag on me a little.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Are metal shards always going to be a problem? I want to buy more weapons and armor but the forced harvesting requirement for arrows and the like is starting to drag on me a little.

No. You will eventually be scavenging enough parts and resources that you'll sell them to the vendor and make plenty.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Now that work is about to slow down a bit I bought the deluxe edition. Checking out the art while this downloads and playing Soma.

SOMA! YES ABOUT TIME!

I just bought thumper and steep since they were both on sale. Steep was 25 bucks. MOre of like a just screw around sort of game. (My step son bought me a 50 dollar gift card for the PS Store)