Horizon: Zero Dawn

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Just picked this up due to the sale, should I be playing this on Hard? Don't want shit to be too easy.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I'm serious when I say play on Very Hard.

In a world where there are giant robotic dinosaurs with bazookas, you honestly should die in a few hits wouldn't you agree? :p

I played start to finish, died a bunch, maybe one or two close to anger sessions, but nothing that I wouldn't do any other way.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Play it on Very Hard.

I found hard too easy after the first few hours of gameplay.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm playing on Hard and finding it suitably challenging. Will change it to very hard tonight and see if I can deal with it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Very Hard is still not particularly hard at all, and it makes it so that pretty much all the machines are still a threat for the entire game if you are careless. It's the only way to go in my opinion.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I played a good portion of it on Normal, but I also played about 75% of the game without worrying about armor & weapon upgrades (which was really stupid). Afterwards I had to switch to Very Hard. Game became too easy whenever I actually decided to upgrade my weapons.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Biggest thing about very hard is that you lose auto aim which makes hitting weak spots much more annoying. It basically changed the way I played. I went from sniping weak spots in hard mode to spamming fire arrows and sling shot bombs in very hard. Game was pretty easy either way.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am playing on Hard and some parts have been very frustrating. Like my first Rocksmasher. Maybe I just need to git gud though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The first ummm "thing" in the "thing" was the only particularly hard thing on very hard and that was purely because of the limited space and Aloy tripping over anything larger than a pebble while running around.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I died a bunch learning how to kill thundermaws in the open with slow motion tear arrows then using it's own weapons against it.

School felt like forever but I earned my PhD in blasting robot animals.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The first ummm "thing" in the "thing" was the only particularly hard thing on very hard and that was purely because of the limited space and Aloy tripping over anything larger than a pebble while running around.

That was the last remotely difficult moment of the game for me on Hard, too.

Everything else was pretty faceroll. Eventually I just started running Leroy Jenkins into bandit camps for a challenge.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Picked this up a week or two ago, whenever it was on sale, and I'm about 20% in, the game is incredible. I love the story, Aloy is a completely likable character with nuance, not your typical hamfisted hero. Her dialogue is great and she is very sympathetic.

Graphics are awesome, gameplay is smooth and rewarding as you learn the ropes. Story is compelling, I'm intrigued to learn wtf happened to the world and Aloy's past.

A+, would have gotten into this way sooner if not for new Zelda, but I'm glad I finally bought it. Recommended.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
The dialogue options are awesome, I highly suggest going hard ass each time.

I will again back up the fact Aloy doesn't feel at all like previous heroes, she was cutthroat but not like boohoo I hate men, she hated anything that got in her way and honestly I feel most people if you put yourself in her head would act as such, it was believable and now that we have this world I'm scared because the sequel in my head I doubt is what we will get.

Why shouldn't GAIA have 60 to 80 animals types instead of just the 20 we get? We should have more stats on level up and more mods for options, each armor needs to be more than slightly different,and we could add some more weapon subtypes.

Honestly the hard part is done, the world and the character are there, and the sales behind the game are ensuring the sequel. The story is written they just need to add MORE everything.

Would you be mad with another falcon or shark or fucking honey badger robot? Nope me either.

I really am excited for the sequel.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's been a bit since I played but my strategy was hit with fire arrows until they fall out of the sky and then execute them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Glinthawks aren't too bad if you compare them to those bastard bird men in Nioh!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah I had my first encounter with them last night and it was a group of those fucks and I had just bumped it up to very hard. I got ass-rammed a few times before I got the strategy down.

I have the critical strike when things are downed but it didn't pop up on the Glinthawks, I must not have the perk for those fucks.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I had my first encounter with them last night and it was a group of those fucks and I had just bumped it up to very hard. I got ass-rammed a few times before I got the strategy down.

I have the critical strike when things are downed but it didn't pop up on the Glinthawks, I must not have the perk for those fucks.

There is a animation that plays when you can actually critical strike them, the only bot I had to learn what the animations mean.