Horizon: Zero Dawn

Ladro

Anomaly
Just fought my first Stormbird. That was intense! Really liking the ropecaster right now, made that fight so easy.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just beat this after dragging my feet on it for months. I was drudging through the beginning of the middle act (Maker's End I think) and couldn't bring myself to pick it back up. But you guys kept pounding that drum of how awesome the story was, so I gave it another shot.

WOW. The story was incredibly compelling and the epilogue definitely did not disappoint. My only grievance is how pretty much all of the side quests (and needless to say, the errands as well) were blatantly filler with none of the hooks of the main story. Hopefully they take some notes from Breath of the Wild and make the secondary stuff as interesting as the main quest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
from what little we have seen of Frozen Wilds it's gonna be good, but I believe there big problem is right now as they have said, "they blew the whole story on this 1 game" sense they had no idea how much of a hit it was gonna be, but keep cranking out more robots too strip down, and I'll be happy

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just finished last night, Platinum trophy

Great game, wish i had picked it up earlier, now im at a loss for what to play after. Nothing else seems appealing after finishing this

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you haven't played persona 5 i'd recommend that, its pretty different so you aren't doing the same thing. otherwise cheap copies of stuff like Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare or Titanfall 2 - the SP campaigns are awesome.

I've been meaning to play some Yakuza 0 as soon as it drops to $30 at best buy/gamestop, yakuza 1 remaster drops in sept I think

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just finished last night, Platinum trophy

Great game, wish i had picked it up earlier, now im at a loss for what to play after. Nothing else seems appealing after finishing this

I did the Yakuza 0, NieR, Horizon, Persona 5 route and it worked well.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Just fought my first Stormbird. That was intense! Really liking the ropecaster right now, made that fight so easy.
I really love fighting thunderjaw with laser cannons from sawtooth. fucking rape.

• 1Salty

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I found Cauldron Zeta or whatever with the Thunderjaw at the end and after getting destroyed I decided I'll try again later. I always forget to set triplines and shit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I never fuck with the tripcaster. I don't like having to micro-manage it so I just bow and slingshot these fucks.

Sometimes I notice that the "Weakness" for the machine gets out damaged by the precision arrows, why is that?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think if they have a weakness it just means that they start burning, freezing, etc faster. Not that each hit necessarily does more. Of course, hitting blaze or other canisters with their elemental type helps a lot.

I put three purple corruption mods on my shadow war bow and I'm just fucking with most packs of robots now.

Ladro

Anomaly
Story is really good now. Just found out (spoiler to respect people that just picked it up like me)

what Zero Dawn really was. Stopped right after that revelation for now but it was kind of telegraphed a little bit. I already assumed she was some sort of clone and that something was going on, but still cool to get the explanation, especially with the audio logs. Keeps getting better and better.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
any info if there will be more than 1 dlc ?

I don't believe so yet. Wouldn't be surprised if we see at least one more. That being said, I imagine they won't wait long to start making the 2nd after the success they had. I bet Playstation is already pushing for that development to start.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
any info if there will be more than 1 dlc ?
THey can do so much with this game, even while working towards a part 2, I wouldn't be amazed if we don't see at least 2-3 more DLC packs, Forbidden Wests, Oseram, Death Seeker

spronk

FPS noob
you'll probably only see one dlc - it gives most of the dev team too work on the dlc while the pre-production team works on the sequel design, at that point the entire dev team rolls onto that. i mean it'll be almost 9 months since the game released before the first dlc is out, thats about how long the design team would take to sketch out the bones for HZD2.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
you'll probably only see one dlc - it gives most of the dev team too work on the dlc while the pre-production team works on the sequel design, at that point the entire dev team rolls onto that. i mean it'll be almost 9 months since the game released before the first dlc is out, thats about how long the design team would take to sketch out the bones for HZD2.

I hope they are brave enough to tell a new story from another cradle facility at some other place in the world. Scrap Aloy altogether. Show how human tech & culture evolved in another society.

Corporate overlords probably won't let them ditch all those culture-specific art assets though. Oh well.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The thing is though 2 wouldn't be Zero Dawn, I doubt Aloy will be scrapped at least forawhile, maybe after re-building GAIA we will get another story(at whatever point they decide to do it)

they have too write a story at first right now, maybe we will see with Frozen Wilds
Please let the DNA Encapsulated APOLLO back-ups be at Devils Tower

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Honestly I really hope they realize what they have, and stick to the script but just fix what isn't top tier.

More weapon types, more ammo types, definitely more armor choices than 1 end game piece. I don't know if the game would benefit from stat distribution, but honestly just those things and of course new robots, I mean this SEEMS really simple to execute, then again I'm a moron!