Horizon: Zero Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm looking forward to not only 60+ fps, but also being able to aim the bow with a mouse. Fucking controllers suck for aiming.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm looking forward to not only 60+ fps, but also being able to aim the bow with a mouse. Fucking controllers suck for aiming.
I think using slow time, and then also the DPI toggle mouse button for me will make a huge difference.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
PC release is tomorrow, I'm still working on finishing Ghosts of Tsushima so I'm not gonna pick it up right away even tho I was planning on it since I never actually got the expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Still waiting for my key from amd rewards. Should arrive tomorrow. But no hurry as I got Blood and Wine to finish in Witcher 3 first.

Aazrael

Saw another review talking about a day one patch for performance. And that the review copies dont have that yet.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I still want to play NG+ from my PS4 playthrough. Can you transfer saves? I don't really want to start all over again, but I know the experience on PC will probably be superior (assuming reported performance issues are temporary)

Vorph

I still want to play NG+ from my PS4 playthrough. Can you transfer saves? I don't really want to start all over again, but I know the experience on PC will probably be superior (assuming reported performance issues are temporary)
Been intending to do this too, since I've owned the DLC for ages now and never gotten around to playing it. Definitely sticking with PS4 though. While 60+ fps and 21:9 support (assuming it was actually done correctly, i.e. hor+) would be nice, there was nothing in the game I couldn't beat easily at 30 fps and there's no way I'd give up HDR for it.

Aazrael

Crashed for me as well after I found the first audio log in the cave. I did however have old drivers, updated them and got through the cave.

Hovering around 60 fps with a few dips to 50 when I run at Ultra and 1080p. Ryzen 3700x with a 1070GTX.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Made it until just after the first hunting lesson, after the 3 immediate crashes in the beginning. Crashed again as the cutscene starts. The game seems to crash on every new cutscene.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I loaded it up this morning - had no issues. Was using 15g of RAM tho, so there's that. played for about 3 hours, no crashes. Benchmark with max ultra settings.
hzdbm.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Some issues with fog textures, but so far so good. 65-75fps on Ultra.

i5-4690k OC @ 4.4ghz
RX 5600 XT
16gb DD3 RAM
1080p

1596853618187.png

1596853651805.png

Last edited: