Utah
<Gold Donor>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Hot Ones

Genre: Talk

First aired: 2015-05-12

Creator: Chris Schonberger

Cast: Sean Evans

Overview: The show with hot questions and even hotter wings invites a famous guest over to eat and then interviews them while they're struggling through the heat.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I debated about where to post this, should it be with Podcasts or TV? I think it needs the visual to be fully appreciated so I opted for TV. Yes it is YouTube and yes it is a Talk/Interview Show, but it is fucking great. If you have seen it then you already know and if you haven't then you will thank me or you are a cunt with shitty tastes.

Nine Seasons in the can and Season Ten coming soon.

First We Feast - YouTube

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
ive watched pretty much every episode, love the show. watch the DJ Khaled one to see what a little bitch Khaled is, and then Terry Crews, Gordon Ramsey, Eric Andre, and Jeff Goldblum

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Out of all of the episodes Guy Fieri, Trevor Noah, Natalie Portman, and Halle Berry handled the heat the best.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Out of all of the episodes Guy Fieri, Trevor Noah, Natalie Portman, and Halle Berry handled the heat the best.

Stone Cold Steve Austin wasn't even bothered by any of the sauces. Plus he's Stone Cold Steve Austin. Alton Brown did pretty well too.

italica

Trakanon Raider
Honestly some of the best (or at least most interesting) short interviews around. Sean does his fucking research.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Fucking love this show. They got me, even got me to subscribe to that damn hot sauce subscription. Their sauces are good as fuck, too. Alton was funny because he wasn't fucking around. Gordon Ramsey was hilarious with all that shit he brought.My favorite is still Trick Daddy, just sitting there politely eating wings and talking about eating ass.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think the best part of this show is that it has no business being any good or having such quality guests. The host has absolutely zero charisma. Just none. But he asks the best questions and let's his charismatic guests take over to fill that gap. And it's hilarious watching people try to eat idiotically spicy food.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Someone showed me this a few weeks ago and I ended up completely sucked in. Watched like 15 episodes back to back.

I think another plus for the show is the broad range of guests he gets on there. Its pretty much a guarantee there is someone you would like to watch.

Kiki

Log Wizard
He asks decent questions, but has no follow up to them. He might as well be a robot.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy

Charlize Theron and Rachael Ray too. Rachael Ray didn't even flinch, she's a monster and makes Gordon Ramsay look like a bitch in comparison.

Big fan of the show, been watching it a few years now. I think live performers (ie comedians, musicians, etc) tend to make the best guests. Some of my favorites so far are Joey Diaz (because he's amazing no matter the setting), Henry Rollins, Stone Cold, and Chris Jericho. I'm not even a wrestling fan but man those guys have just been around so long and have so many great stories, same with the musicians and comedians.

He asks decent questions, but has no follow up to them. He might as well be a robot.

I think a lot of that is the editing for time otherwise the episodes would be 3x as long.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't watch a lot of them, but it's weird. Some people that you think would be funny are boring, and some people that you figure are going to be boring are funny.

It's an interesting and sadistic premise. I watched the one with Terry Crews and the host goes "I have no idea why famous people keep agreeing to do this, but i'm glad for it!".

lol.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone new to the show will see they always have DaBomb. It’s Scoville rating isn’t too hot and but they got a hidden kick. Their peanuts are insanely good.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I tried The Last Dab and it's, for sure, the hottest thing I've ever eaten but it wasn't too bad, and it tastes good. I have no desire to taste DaBomb.

I like Sean, I think he's charismatic enough, like an everyman kind of who does a good job of talking to these celebs and asking them interesting stuff without being "gotcha!" style, and he's pretty good at encouraging them to keep going, surprisingly few have bitched out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I tried The Last Dab and it's, for sure, the hottest thing I've ever eaten but it wasn't too bad, and it tastes good. I have no desire to taste DaBomb.
Pretty strange how it’s down the list by 3 but everyone says it’s the hottest. Unique sauce for sure.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Pretty strange how it’s down the list by 3 but everyone says it’s the hottest. Unique sauce for sure.
A guy I play wow with is a "hot sauce guy", and yeah he's insufferable. But he says the reason for that is that DaBomb is made with capsaicin extract which gives it a distinct battery-acidy taste. So you have sauces with a technically higher scoville rating (which is probably bullshit anyway) that aren't made with the extract and taste way better, you eat DaBomb and get his by that extract and also it tastes like garbage so it's assaulting you on multiple levels.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A guy I play wow with is a "hot sauce guy", and yeah he's insufferable. But he says the reason for that is that DaBomb is made with capsaicin extract which gives it a distinct battery-acidy taste. So you have sauces with a technically higher scoville rating (which is probably bullshit anyway) that aren't made with the extract and taste way better, you eat DaBomb and get his by that extract and also it tastes like garbage so it's assaulting you on multiple levels.

Taste like Garbage? I thought you said you never tried it? The peanuts are my number one party favor. It’s pretty good for a extract similar to Dave’s insanity or Endorphin Rush. I still prefer El Yucateco and other natural Habneros over chemical. A good balance of heat and smoky hab flavor.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Host guy needs to be replaced, he has no business being in front of a camera. Good research and asks excellent questions but he's terrible getting a decent conversation flowing. Whether that's because the editor chops the footage to shit or he just has no ability how to follow up...idk maybe both.

Aubrey Plaza episode was terrible because you had a host that is actually awkward and a guest that tries her best to keep up the veneer of awkward. Questions that should have led down 5-10 minute interesting tangents just died in silence instead.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database