Hot Wings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Just curious what places ya'll think have the best hot wings.

After a recent trip to Bar Louie in Nashville (they have them all over apparently) I must recommend the wings in their En Fuego sauce. It kind of tastes like a red savina pepper sauce...if you can stand spicy food, give it a go.

I'm not one for hot stuff challenges really, I just like my food on the hotter side and they deliver a hotter than average sauce on their wings.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Rose Alley in new Bedford, MA. Ghost pepper boneless wings.

18700378_596059162553_1836741573607170010_o.jpg

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The wings at Knockback Nat's in Cincinnati. Smoked to perfection.

• 1Quality Calories

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The three "traditional" places around me in CT to get wings are Slider's, J. Timothy's and the Bidwell Tavern.

Slider's used to have the best hot wings I've ever had but then they franchised and decided they no longer wanted to be a sport's bar and added a kid's menu so they could be a family restaurant. The service and food has gone way downhill since. Wings are still good but not as good as they used to be. They were better than the famous places I had been to in Buffalo like Anchor Bar and Duff's.

J Timothy's does their wings "dirt" style. They fry, sauce and then fry and sauce again. The wings are good because they use much fresher/better chicken that isn't frozen since they are more of an upscale type of establishment. The sauce at Slider's is better though.

Bidwell is decent too but they have a horseradish mustard flavor that is one of my favorites and I haven't seen anywhere else.

Then there are a couple of hipster gastropubs in the area that slow cook their wings in duck fat. Those are outrageously good and just fall off the bone but I don't really count those as true wings.

I love wings... I eat em at least twice a week.

And anyone who says buffalo wild wings is good is wrong. Place sucks.

kudos

<Banned>
There is a place in Fayetteville, NC called MAC's that is a motorcycle biker type bar. They have a great selection of craft beer but their smoked wings with mustard BBQ sauce is why I go.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Old Bay wings are best wings. It is known.

Especially on a hot summer day with some ice cold Natty Boh.

In Phoenix the best is ATL wings. I'll never turn down wings so I'll eat at the chains if people are insisting, but I'll never recommend it. Wing Stop in my area has actually improved in recent years and I'd say might be better that Buffalo Wild Wings at this point.

• 1Quality Calories

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm going back to Cincinnati in a few months and gorging myself on wings is going to be an objective. I too am a wing lover, but they just aren't the same out here in SF. The best kind of wings are Thai wings and shit, but I want my buffalo wings!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Franks Buffalo sauce is surprisingly legit. The hot version actually packs a bit of heat but not so much you fail to actually taste it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every single place that sells wings should have Frank's as one of the standard flavors you can order. I don't care if you are super proud of your ol' grand pappies secret recipe, you still gotta have Frank's Red Hot as a mainstay option.

redhot-570x471.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The best wings here in Kansas City is a local bar chain called The Peanut

6-Best-Kansas-City-Dinners-B.jpg

They leave the drum & wing connected to form one massive wing. So a dozen of their wings is actually like 24 wings anywhere else. Their sauce is pretty hot with a heavy black pepper flavor. Its awesome(if you like pepper)

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
In Phoenix the best is ATL wings. I'll never turn down wings so I'll eat at the chains if people are insisting, but I'll never recommend it. Wing Stop in my area has actually improved in recent years and I'd say might be better that Buffalo Wild Wings at this point.
Damn I have to check that out then. only two miles from my house and I've never been.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
The best wings here in Kansas City is a local bar chain called The Peanut

View attachment 143398

They leave the drum & wing connected to form one massive wing. So a dozen of their wings is actually like 24 wings anywhere else. Their sauce is pretty hot with a heavy black pepper flavor. Its awesome(if you like pepper)
dude, any recommendations for lawrence?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Am I a weirdo if I prefer just drums over the actual wing portion? My wife is the opposite so it works out in some retarded way

• 2Supertaster
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I prefer the wings over the drums.

Disagreement with Noodles tastes 100% of the time still intact!

20150428-buffalo-wings-reupload-kenji-10-thumb-625xauto-422543.jpg

• 1Supertaster

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think it's because the skin on wings often feels too fatty for me and I dont like the.... You know what fuck it, just supertaster things

• 1Supertaster
About a month back my wife set up a double date with her friend because the husband loves football, computers and his favorite restaurant is Buffalo Wild Wings! OK fine whatever lets go. Dude ends up only ordering a boneless mild 6 piece. Chows down on carrots, spends 5 minutes cutting up all his chicken (like I do for my 3 year old) and then doesn't even finish all his 'wings'.

The Fuck man?