House of Cards Season 4 (March 4, 2016)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Basically she had a deal with Frank that they would push her career, Frank didn't want to because their plan really fell apart but she was seeing all her life's work being stripped away and replaced with "first lady" so she went after Frank, Frank reacted as you would expect, so they had a big ass fight.
I can't see how it is rational for her to try to run for the position that she asked for in ep3. This viewpoint seems off, and I can't get to suspension of disbelief because of it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I can't see how it is rational for her to try to run for the position that she asked for in ep3. This viewpoint seems off, and I can't get to suspension of disbelief because of it.
There are plenty of things in this show that are far-fetched or just downright stupid. The show has always been incredulous.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I felt this way through much of season 3. Like, wtf is this girl doing. We're talking about the presidency here doesn't she understand how important that is.

But I think the truth is she and Frank are just the same person. They both hate losing more than anything and both will go to extreme levels to win. Her first big loss was the miss step with Russia last season and she's been trying to win ever since. We finally got the payoff to that this season.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
We conducted a ton of Nanny interviews this weekend. We had like 30 mins between each interview and we watched as much as we could in that time. I will probably finish it up by this next weekend, I am enjoying it about a million times more than last season. Last season I feared this show jumped the shark, it is not often that a show rebounds this well from an abysmal previous season.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I felt this way through much of season 3. Like, wtf is this girl doing. We're talking about the presidency here doesn't she understand how important that is.

But I think the truth is she and Frank are just the same person. They both hate losing more than anything and both will go to extreme levels to win. Her first big loss was the miss step with Russia last season and she's been trying to win ever since. We finally got the payoff to that this season.
So what you are arguing is that they are both type-A personalities, and their egos are so large that they can no longer co-exist? I might buy that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So what you are arguing is that they are both type-A personalities, and their egos are so large that they can no longer co-exist? I might buy that.
Did you watch Season 3? Her leaving is predicated entirely on the events of season 3, in fact she tells him she's leaving him in the last episode of season 3.

Season 3 was one of the worst piece of garbage seasons of TV ever written but they couldn't just abandon that storyline because that would make the show have no continuity. They save it in season 4, but keep in mind that portion of season 4 is directly a result of the abortion that was season 3. The whole premise for it and all the actions she took in season 3 made no sense, there is no good justification for that entire storyline. You kinda just have to swallow it and move on.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's the Congressional seat right? I don't see why not, she's perfectly capable and it isn't like the other woman running wasn't getting it purely through nepotism. She had a vision, her vision was just weak, she went for the low hanging fruit that sh thought she could get rather than breaking the rules and actually going for it.

Yeah, idk about season 3 being the worst tv ever, but that whole thing was just frustrating and annoying. It's like different characters were inserted into the show for a season.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Only thing I enjoyed in season 3 was Doug's story line.

Loved his whole performance this season too. I really think he has killed it in this show from day one. Even the more conservative plot this season compared to last was great. I enjoyed watching him do something so dumb like make a paper trail with that donation. Despite his absolute loyalty to frank he can't get past the one weakness.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
His creepy obsession over women in less than ideal situations?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
His creepy obsession over women in less than ideal situations?
His complete devotion to Frank over everything else.

Honestly thought they were going to have him off himself so Frank could have his liver

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
S4 was better than S3 but writing wise there's still a lot of stuff that feels bad, forced, unlikely or just pure nonsense (VP).

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Stayed up way too late last night to finish this season. As stated previously I am very pleased with the 180 this show has done this season. I wonder if they killed off Meechum because of his role as Freeze on Gotham or if he was set to die anyway and just happened to land Gotham.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to S5. It was great to see Claire fall in line after being a prideful dumbass for 1.5 seasons. Frank is just an asshole I and I love him for it.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Show is good but I'd fall off if it was a weekly thing. The VP shit was really hard to swallow

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
S4 was better than S3 but writing wise there's still a lot of stuff that feels bad, forced, unlikely or just pure nonsense (VP).
Yeah, I feel the same. While this season was miles better than the last one this show will never ever come close to how good Season 1 was. They made him President too quickly I feel still.

I hated how Durant just folds when it was convenient for the plot to move along. That irked me especially after making the power play she did.

I have no doubt Frank will win the election. He's the political superman and it kind of ruins the show for me because I'm not rooting for him at all anymore and want to see him fall flat on his face at least once.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Finally wrapped this up a few minutes ago.

I do agree they made him President a little quick, could have had him move to a cabinet position for a season before the whole vp into president storyline. But, they have clearly set up a bunch of good storylines for next season.
Fighting off the news story and possible investigation, the 'war' on terror and middle east, the data mining guy and potential fallout, finishing the election, etc.. still all kinds of stuff that could be interesting. I'm just happy him and Claire are back on the same page, that's what really makes this show. Their relationship, while psychopathic and ruthless, is kind of an ideal and somewhat romantic version of a relationship. They are truly partners, two sides of the same coin who keep literally no secrets from each other. One of them is fucking someone else? k, no problem. When you bang someone, you aren't mad at yourself, and that's kind of how they see it. It's more intimate then most people's relationships, despite their cold demeanor, and that's very intriguing to watch.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Watching this on local TV one episode a week for ... reasons (ok, family). The first episode looks promising, but I have one question that I couldn't quite figure out:

Who is the guy in the prison cell? Is it the biographer from season 3 or another known person I've forgotten, or is he a guy who was introduced in that first episode?

Caliane

Watching this on local TV one episode a week for ... reasons (ok, family). The first episode looks promising, but I have one question that I couldn't quite figure out:

Who is the guy in the prison cell? Is it the biographer from season 3 or another known person I've forgotten, or is he a guy who was introduced in that first episode?
Zoe Barnes lover/editor, who was framed for cybercrime by the hacker. and yeah. I forgot what he looked like, and confused him for the biographer for a bit as well.

Caliane

Yeah, I feel the same. While this season was miles better than the last one this show will never ever come close to how good Season 1 was. They made him President too quickly I feel still.

I hated how Durant just folds when it was convenient for the plot to move along. That irked me especially after making the power play she did.

I have no doubt Frank will win the election. He's the political superman and it kind of ruins the show for me because I'm not rooting for him at all anymore and want to see him fall flat on his face at least once.
Yeah, I gave up again on episode 5 or so.
This show has so much contrived shit to push the plot. It feels like a highlight reel of the most ridiculous shit, not an actual drama.
assassination attempt did it for me this season. can't write ourselves out of this corner? lol assassination attempt/dead.

and yeah, complained about it in s2 with cartoon supervilliany.. I don't like anyone on the show.. don't want anyone to win, why watch? Oddly, I don't think this is limited to this show either. seems to be a thing lately on alot of shows. all the protagonists are assholes.