House of Cards Season 4 (March 4, 2016)

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The first 7 episodes were a drag, a lot of the stuff felt forced and even the acting in some scenes was jarring. It really picks up in the second half, it's a completely different dynamic.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Show is good but I'd fall off if it was a weekly thing. The VP shit was really hard to swallow
I look forward to the day when more shows are released like this. My wife and I fall off of so many good shows just because meh, after a week of nothing I could really give a shit less because i'm just not thinking of it. We were just talking the other night about how better call saul is having such an awesome season but the episodes feel like they are 15 minutes a week. Killing us

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stayed up way too late last night to finish this season. As stated previously I am very pleased with the 180 this show has done this season.
The first 7 episodes were a drag, a lot of the stuff felt forced and even the acting in some scenes was jarring. It really picks up in the second half, it's a completely different dynamic.
I almost turned it off after the first seven episodes. I'm glad I didn't. They totally turned it around. In my opinion, the second half of season 4 redeems all of s3.

spronk

FPS noob
Enjoyable 10 episodes especially with all the political intrigue stuff and the various storylines, the show went completely off the rails though with redneck ISIS. Yeah, that's a thing that is gonna happen. The Underwood's declaring war on America is conceptually interesting but it really shouldn't change a damn thing, especially when everyone starts coming out of the weeds to shit all over them.

Still, miles ahead of season 3 in quality and writing and I don't feel like I wasted 12 hours watching this season, at least. The open convention stuff was great although you have that thing in the back of your head going "well... shit, real life politics this year with Sanders, Trump, and Cruz is far more interesting than this TV show."

PKS

N00b
Better than S3 and yet I think I could recommend people to skip S3 entirely, just the only thing they missed was 'Claire being a bitch' and that's about it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Better than S3 and yet I think I could recommend people to skip S3 entirely, just the only thing they missed was 'Claire being a bitch' and that's about it.
Stamper's story last season was the only thing worth a shit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm still a few episodes shy of completing the season but S4 has been great. It really brings back old House of Cards with "plots within plots within plots within plots" of just masterful orchestration by Frank and equally good orchestration by other political members. They must have really heard the fan outrage over S3 being a ton of high school bullshit drama no one cares about because they've completely removed that aspect outside of a bit in the start.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
felt this season wasted a perfectly good ending.

the assassination attempt by Lucas once he got out of prison. idk with last season all meh and this season being slightly better but starting to get ridiculous, it seems like the house of cards are about to collapse, less the show strain credibility. I figure that this season could of got by without the assassination attempt, have Frank/Claire go next season and win the election, and at the end of the season have the show end with frank's assassination by lucas and Claire taking over as president. most good shows run about 5 seasons before they get lost and this show really I don't feel can manage beyond 5, with all the shit coming out of the woodwork.

He's alienated all of his allies, all of his secrets have been exposed. The show really can only end with his impeachment or his assassination, and impeachment was what he used to replace Walker so I don't see it going that way. It just seems like they set one of those things to happen this season, and are just going to handwave it all away with #terrorism? no. And they already wasted the assassination opportunity. So episode 1 of season 5 should begin with his impeachment and that's also the series finale?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Spoilers should probably be allowable at this point. I kind of hate having all the episodes available at once because it really does kill the conversation around the show that can happen. I actually like reading feedback after each episode.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea.. I'm torn on that as well. I want to check these threads as I'm watching through the season, but afraid someone will be discussing an episode past where I am.
I don't remember who, but another show did an odd online release where it was first 3 episodes right away, then one each week. I'd like to see something like that, first 3 right away, but every 2 days after another episode comes out. Gives a day or so of discussion time, but still comes out very quick.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
no spoilers plz, I loved season 1/2 and I thought season 3 was a disaster because of how badly they screwed Robin Wright's character up. Should I even bother with season 4?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Season 4 is worth watching. After some digestion I'd say it's still not all that great but S3 was so goddamn bad it makes S4 award winning TV by comparison.

spronk

FPS noob
yes, the first 10 episodes of season 4 have very much a season 1 vibe and buttercup's character is much cooler again. i thought the last 3 episodes were dumb but nothing as bad as s3

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
no spoilers plz, I loved season 1/2 and I thought season 3 was a disaster because of how badly they screwed Robin Wright's character up. Should I even bother with season 4?
Yes. Much more enjoyable season than 3 was.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
First episode sucked donkey dicks. Yeah, like I want to watch the POTUS chasing his wife all around like a bitch while she acts retarded in front of a congresswoman and then cries about cancer. That's exactly how I want to spend my time. This episode had about as much political intrigue as Everybody Loves Raymond.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I swear they turned Robin Wright's character into a stupid blonde who stares blanky into the distance everytime someone informs her that she is a moron.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
First episode sucked donkey dicks. Yeah, like I want to watch the POTUS chasing his wife all around like a bitch while she acts retarded in front of a congresswoman and then cries about cancer. That's exactly how I want to spend my time. This episode had about as much political intrigue as Everybody Loves Raymond.
Give it time. Around ep 8, this season gets golden. You won't regret it.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Claire was my biggest gripe with season 3, and she continued to be a gripe of mine for the first few episodes of season 4. But there's a big turning point in the middle of the season where she regains her competency and becomes just as cutthroat and domineering as she was in the early seasons. In my opinion, towards the end of season the writers made up for what they did to her in season 3 and, thankfully, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing whiny, inept Claire return any time soon.