House of Cards

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have high hopes for President Underwood mostly because it's like Sorkin wrote a shady, cynical version of The West Wing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah but without the awful Sorkin dialogue that makes me want to choke bitches out.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Does Frank become emperor of the world in this next season? I enjoyed season 2. It was better than most TV, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as season 1.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He didn't talk to the camera enough in S2. In S1 it felt like you and he against the world. That dynamic muted in S2 and the season suffered for it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I'll enjoy anything in S3 that isn't a fight for him to keep his scheme to get POTUS from unraveling. I mostly just want him to move past all the storylines that happened in S1 and S2 to fresh content and side characters.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I'll enjoy anything in S3 that isn't a fight for him to keep his scheme to get POTUS from unraveling. I mostly just want him to move past all the storylines that happened in S1 and S2 to fresh content and side characters.
You know it will be exactly that... to keep his schemes from unravelling. Far too many people know his secret ambitions and then you have the killing of Doug and have Rachel out on the loose with his car at the end of S2.

I do agree that I preferred S1 to S2. S2 didn't pick up steam until the last half of the season. I will still be downloading S3 the day it hits the net!

spronk

FPS noob
i'm going in with very low expectations hope it can at least exceed those

anyone watch the UK version? Is it worth it or will the british politics aspect make it hard to follow? I still haven't watched all of the thick of it, I tend to end up watching reruns of TNG Farscape or old 60s comedies. too much good TV
frown.png

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm more surprised they even make a UK version with how good and critically acclaimed the US version is.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If it is, I'm sorry. Figured Netflix made their series first, then made it again to cater to the UK audience. Being that America takes so many UK shows to remake them, I figured it could happen the other way also.

100% not a troll, just stupidity.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it was actually intentional given how season 2 ends.
In my opinion it also has to do with Frank becoming a murderer and its scheme to become POTUS. In s1 most of his plan went okay, while in s2 he has to face Tusk and some other stuff he didn't plan. Most of S1 was him doing armchair work, while end of S1 + S2 getting his hands dirty.

Doug's death got me right in the head. Man he was such a soldier and died like a little bitch. It's fun to see Frank's "army" soldiers fell one after the another.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked s2, but hope Frank becomes a little less like Batman. He goes into a fight, and you know he's going to win, because he's fully prepared for it. By the end of s2, you start to believe that he'll never lose, which takes away the fun of the show.