House of Cards

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hate that they've forced me to take a stance on Frank's political policy. 10 episodes in. Still think season 3 is a bust.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Just started 9 and...yup. This is just a dull frustrating slog. Where's the complicated conspiracy from Frank to get what he wants? Where's the ruthlessness that made Claire interesting? Really hoping something happens soon to turn it around.

iannis

Musty Nester
S3 came out?

Hmm. Will probably watch. Expectations are low. I didn't hate S2 as much as some people did. I even liked it but it wasn't as intricate as S1. It WAS more shorthand and cartoonish. It's sounding like S3 might have doubled down on that. If it's Kevin Spacey's personal soapbox, I am disappoint.

Khane

S3 came out?

Hmm. Will probably watch. Expectations are low. I didn't hate S2 as much as some people did. I even liked it but it wasn't as intricate as S1. It WAS more shorthand and cartoonish. It's sounding like S3 might have doubled down on that. If it's Kevin Spacey's personal soapbox, I am disappoint.
Obviously, don't read the spoiler if you care about having it sort of spoiled.

It's far worse than that. It has no direction, it doesn't even seem to be interested in telling a story. It's a bunch of uninteresting plotlines, boring sub-plots, and ham-fisted political agenda. I honestly don't know what I was supposed to be caring about or who I was supposed to be interested in. They tried to introduce new adversaries and hurdles but they failed miserably. None of it seemed dramatic or intriguing. It felt very aimless. The acting wasn't even all that good, or maybe it was fine but the writing was so bad not even A-list actors could save it. The character writing Frank's biography... I really can't tell if he's a terrible actor or he was actually written to seem like a lifeless doll.

Khane

To add to that

The entire Petrov storyline was quite literally a joke. I mean, it had to be a joke. The leader of Russia making a "political power play" to assert dominance over Frank by forcing people to drink Vodka at a dinner at the White House and then kissing his wife in front of every one. It was ridiculous. It was definitely one of the many "jumping the shark" moments of this season, and there were plenty of them. I actually found myself fast forwarding through a lot of things.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay just finished the season and I'm breathless because this season was so

fucking terrible on almost every point, jesus what a disappointment. Spacey felt and acted like he was 120 years old, the russian plotline didn't make any sense, was cliche as fuck and the whole "take tornado money to get people jobs" idea was so lame and dumb. Claire becoming an ingrateful SJW bitch, Seth / Remy having no beef at all... I'm so sad I wanna marathon The West Wing again to purify my brain, because this House of Cards season felt so mediocre politics wise. Only interesting story to me was Stamper's, I felt for the guy and really liked how he got back on his saddle. Otherwise I'm ashamed how the show has turned with such nonsense like Pussy Riot cameo and subplots going absolutely nowhere. Did they change writers and hired high school kids ? Oh and last but not the least : hardcore product placements out of fucking nowhere like Doug's apartement looking like a Samsung showcase in a Roche Bobois store and the FEMA guy sliding his Jordan Valley map on his tv set like he was demonstrating the product at some salon. I know there already were product placements in first seasons, but this time it was just too blatant.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Heh, woke up, thought about it all and I don't even want to really watch the last four episodes now. Probably will, but feels like I'm punishing myself.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
We're 5-6 episodes in and I sat there for the last 3 wishing I was playing Diablo or something and just listening to it for the threads of the story that actually interest me.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm just starting the last episode of S3 right now and all I can say is, bleh. It's was nothing like the previous 2 seasons. Not a total waste of time but damn close.

Edit, finished the season.
Just finished the last episode of S3. I retract my statement about it not being a total waste of time; it was. The only and I do mean only redeeming part of the season was watching Doug Stamper evolve/devolve.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I enjoyed it personally. -shrug-
I also enjoyed it, but can tell why a lot of other people didn't.

It played out like a completely different show. It was just about a guy campaigning for President while having marriage issues. He wasn't nearly as ruthless and cold blooded like the previous seasons.

it's also bizarre that his triumphs and and failures had little effect on anything. The whole whole Jordan thing was rendered irrelevant when they mentioned that the public didn't even care about it. And his future VP endorsing Dunbar? Didn't matter, he somehow won Iowa anyways. Wtf?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed watching because of the atmosphere, characters, and the acting. That being said...

The writing was terrible. There was absolutely zero point to that entire season except for the recovery of Doug. The show did not advance, go anywhere, or have any compelling story lines. Worst of all, Claire went against her character at almost every turn, just to add drama due to lazy writing. She was built as cold and calculating and knew exactly what being married to Frank meant. Despite two seasons of that, she flies off the handle in Russia (absolutely ridiculous) and then starts destroying everything they have built because reasons... And ending on that scene, get out of here.

Khane

I enjoyed watching because of the atmosphere, characters, and the acting. That being said...

The writing was terrible. There was absolutely zero point to that entire season except for the recovery of Doug. The show did not advance, go anywhere, or have any compelling story lines. Worst of all, Claire went against her character at almost every turn, just to add drama due to lazy writing. She was built as cold and calculating and knew exactly what being married to Frank meant. Despite two seasons of that, she flies off the handle in Russia (absolutely ridiculous) and then starts destroying everything they have built because reasons... And ending on that scene, get out of here.
Yea, ending it with her saying "I'm leaving you" is shitty hospital show drama levels of garbage, but it was obvious that was exactly how the season was going to end since about episode 9

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
This season was like watching The West Wing, except less fun, less politics, and less competence. It had none of the bite of the last two seasons.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Seven in now. Aside from the game baldy is running I am not interested. Less is more with Robin Wright, and there is no compelling nemesis this season for Frank to play off. I understand what they're going for, but it's just not entertaining TV, and this show isn't good enough to try and be anything more than that.

Mcpoyle is a good actor though. I did not think he could do a part like this and he's been excellent.