House of Cards

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I didn't hate this season as much as some people, but I definitely didn't burn through it at the speed I did for seasons 1 and 2. I'm guessing its only a matter of time before some guy is full on blowing Frank in the Oval Office.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Really, I don't see where they can go from here. There is no solution if she leaves him, his campaign is done. Unless he fucking kills Dunbar, it is done. And a season of him sitting in Gaffney feeling sorry for himself or banging his bros in the mountains doesn't sound too appealing. Or he could kill Claire before she can announce.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or he could kill Claire before she can announce.
I think you just spoiled season 4 bro. Stamper gonna try to kill Claire, she's gonna be ready for it, there is a struggle, fight and chase, Frank tries to step in. Either Frank dies or Claire dies..... at the hands of Meachum

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really, I don't see where they can go from here. There is no solution if she leaves him, his campaign is done. Unless he fucking kills Dunbar, it is done. And a season of him sitting in Gaffney feeling sorry for himself or banging his bros in the mountains doesn't sound too appealing. Or he could kill Claire before she can announce.
He had single digit approval ratings and now he's the frontrunner. They'll come up with some stupid unbelievable bullshit.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He had single digit approval ratings and now he's the frontrunner. They'll come up with some stupid unbelievable bullshit.
Yeah like America Works which didn't make sense at all. Also he did lame diplomatic stuff like putting his wife in UN, inviting Pussy Riot to some state dinner and going full retard with NATO politics. I mean we had some far fetched stuff during the first seasons, but s3 overall felt like some low quality vaudeville where it's all about setting up forced drama between characters. Claire going full social justice with the russian guy was so lame, so badly written it looked like some random tumbler shit.

spronk

FPS noob
next season we could play a game of Claire or Tumblr?

BU0u639.png

22Aok4I.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's another thing. He's a Democrat, and his big works program is demolishing Social Security and Medicare? Fucking for real? And his answer to what happens to all of the millions of people who rely on those programs? Who knows!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's another thing. He's a Democrat, and his big works program is demolishing Social Security and Medicare? Fucking for real? And his answer to what happens to all of the millions of people who rely on those programs? Who knows!
Yeah, some hardcore democrat going full "you're not entitled to anything" is just lazy writing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just finished it. Claire is awful in S3 but I still like this season more than the second one. I think S2 is pretty bad. Doug is my favorite character by far.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I honestly thought a good angle would be(and I thought it was coming) him running as an independent and somehow making his program work and winning. He would never, ever be able to stay a democrat with those political positions, and he's not really a democrat anyway, he just wants power. Instead he somehow wins the nomination anyway.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this had me scratching my head. I had to look it up. I thought, wait, Frank was the Democratic Whip Leader right? Oh yeah he was... dismantling Social Security and Medicare would be outright political suicide for JUST bringing it up for him. When Dunbar was attacking him for his "Conservative Agenda" I was just confused. Yeah, somewhat interesting politics this season... but the stakes didn't seem as pressing or as interesting. Even though they were objectively higher.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I didn't think this season was awful, but it fell short of season one or two. I mean, here is the synopsis for S01E01:
When the newly elected President reneges on a promise, Francis and Claire decide to sever all allegiances and toss the rules out the window.
Compared to where we are now:

In the midst of the Iowa caucuses, Frank and Claire must confront hard truths about each other.
The direction of the show just changed so much this season and the stakes couldn't be any lower. The (political) culmination of the season is the Iowa caucus, really? I was expecting some sort of Cuban Missle Crisis v2.0 with them trying to hamfist Putin into this season at the very least. Plus Frank didn't murder anyone. Disappointed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The biggest problem for me was the ham-fisting of scenarios from our current political climate in ways that make no sense. For instance, AmWorks for all the reasons everyone here has pointed out already.

Stop trying to shove such ridiculous political talking points down my throat. They gonna let Aaron Sorkin write next season? Can't wait for Coldplay to start playing in the background for the entire last 10 minutes of every episode while Frank shoves platitudes down my throat.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I honestly believed for a while that they were setting up for Frank to switch sides of the isle, and I bet they were going down that road and decided to abandon it for some reason.

Consider: Frank specifically said "I will not run on the democratic ticket in the next election" he emphasized democratic.

AmWorks: as said above, this is democratic suicide, but it fits perfectly if he was going to roll it out, get it passed, then run as republican in the next election.

There were other hints as well in the first 3-4 episodes. I still believe that it may happen next season.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Other than Claire, I enjoyed season 3. Oddly enough, the woman who plays her directed the majority of the episodes this season.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't think 2 is a majority, but either way I can't blame her for anything because whatever she has going on Robin Wright does it for me. Sexually.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I honestly thought a good angle would be(and I thought it was coming) him running as an independent and somehow making his program work and winning. He would never, ever be able to stay a democrat with those political positions, and he's not really a democrat anyway, he just wants power. Instead he somehow wins the nomination anyway.
lol like a third party would have ever have a chance

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think 2 is a majority, but either way I can't blame her for anything because whatever she has going on Robin Wright does it for me. Sexually.
Oh, in an interview I watched earlier it said if she wasn't the main director she was still there helping and co directing. -shrug-

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Meh suspension of disbelief got broke when the gay American commits suicide and Claire doesn't even wake up to a dude strangling to death. I can't be assed to finish this season, and based upon the reviews here and le reddit hivemind, I don't seem to be missing much.