House of Cards

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I've lost interest through episode 5 (or is it 6?). I'm with the Stamper fans, he's my favorite character and so far this season, the only interesting character.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Feels like a chore trying to finish the season. I stop half way through an episode and don't come back to it till the next day. It feels so aimless.
I made it 4 episodes and gave up. Read the spoilers and I'm ready for s4. Too many other shows on my list to watch right now for this boring drivel.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched the first two episodes of Season 3...

and Stamper is alive somehow. I can already tell this season won't be great at all and just average. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Watched the first two episodes of Season 3...

and Stamper is alive somehow. I can already tell this season won't be great at all and just average. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
rerolled consensus is s3 is a dud, but Stamper is the star.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I made it 4 episodes and gave up. Read the spoilers and I'm ready for s4. Too many other shows on my list to watch right now for this boring drivel.
Sad thing is that even if you didn't read the spoilers you could watch season 4 without really being lost. So few things of consequence actually happen

Araxen

Just finished episode 10.
He better not come back and win the presidency. I was seriously hoping it would be Stamper helps Dunbar win the Presidency but no chance of that happening now. They've sold Frank fucking up too much.

Claire being ambassador ugh... so terrible.
Either way I'm done with this series after this season because it has really gotten worse as the seasons has progressed. They gave him the presidency way too early which is what I thought at the end of season 2.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
When did House of Cards turn into "The Underwoods".

I watched this series to see Frank fuck people over. It is turning into a soap with way too much focus on their relationship. They should have closed the books after he became president as that was the whole point of the series. Now they've lost their purpose and it clearly shows.

Some episodes were good, some(the ending included) were sorely dissapointing.

spronk

FPS noob
just finished, took a lot of willpower to get through. I really liked the character of Claire in 1 & 2 but she sucked so much this season. Putin was the best, finally a world leader whose a bigger baller than Frank and doesn't give any fucks. Should have had the show just be Putin and Frank doing crazier and crazier shit for 10 episodes, ending in a total no-shirts octagon wrestling match where they fall in love and nuke the world for rejecting them.

I was totally making the sound Tina from Bob's Burger makes when the shitty writer and Frank started finger dancing. How the fuck are there so many bisexual men in washington. Take a side goddamn it, make a character gay or straight.

Anyways I'll still watch the next season but expectations are now for the show to be below SyFy monster of the week levels of realism and believability.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also got through it with about the same sentiment. Really got tired of the assistant story line with alcohol abuse and not letting go of the girl. They dragged that along way to much. I know in the end that they had to kill her, but it was still kind of a bummer. The Russian leader was just as good of a character as Frank in this season. Easily the best part of the season. I did not mind that Claire's character had finally woken up to what Frank was doing. There is only so much a strong woman like that character would put up with. I am not sure what the next season will do, as this story is reaching a point of obviousness. Frank being assassinated would be a great way to end the series. All things eventually come around.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Claire was awful this season. The ambassador thing, fucking up that bad, falling for the trap was lolworthy. But that ending was just... the compelling thing about Frank and Claire was that they were a team together against all of these outside forces. Every time the show gets shitty it is when this dynamic is fucked up. And totally artificially. S1 Claire wouldn't have batted an eye at asking Frank for the recess appointment, or the fact that she had to resign. But S3 Claire is all torn up about it inside. Shit is inconsistent. They worked, for decades, to get to where they are. And the idea was always that they are a team, they support each other, she does her thing, Frank does his, building to her running for office Hillary-style once Frank's term was over. And I am supposed to believe that this driven, intelligent, ambitious woman just let go of all of that, for nothing really. Just cause bros, just cause. This show is 100% accurate because women are fucking crazy.

I don't understand why they didn't show the woman get killed. I can only believe that is coming back somehow.

spronk

FPS noob
claire is going through menopause (fainting, dizziness, feeling super hot and cooling off in the fridge). i can't wait for SJWs to pick up on that

Araxen

I just finished the last three episodes and what a joke this series has turned into. The entire Rachel/Doug thing ugh...give me a fucking break.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I think it's likely that this show was initially a lot more popular than they expected it to be and now they're just trying to squeeze as much out of it as possible.

The Frank and Claire were completely different people this season.

... On quick inspection this is exactly what they've done:

House of Cards (UK TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't read if you don't want to see possible/probable spoilers but the original lasted 3 seasons and English seasons are invariably much shorter anyway. They're basically stretching it out.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I don't understand why they didn't show the woman get killed. I can only believe that is coming back somehow.
Why? Do you think he was burying a red-haired mannequin?

I don't even recall the reason why hehadto kill her. I know she was Corey Stoll's call girl. But did she actuallyknowanything? Can't remember.

Season was pretty 'meh'. I didn't really understand his motivation for pushing AmWorks so hard. So he'd go down in history as another FDR? I was expecting more strong arming other nations with cunning and intelligence - or something.

What would've been fun is, knowing he would not get the nomination for 2016, go all Nero on the U.S.

Araxen

I think it'll be revealed Stamper is a serial killer in a future season.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Either she knew why was doing what she did to Russo, or she's at least a piece of a puzzle that would implicate Doug which would lead back Frank.

I think it's the latter and shows Doug's complete devotion by murdering someone so important to him just because there's a tiny fraction of a chance it could hurt Frank.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As shown when the woman tried to run against Frank, frank and claire have like zero dirt, she tried to bribe stamper for the journal. So Frank will goto any lengths to keep it that way.

btw while many of us think Stamper is the star this season, i've seen vitriol's of hate towards him, like why'd he kill her and didn't just leave her alone, i guess this is just the general public, being the general public.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That was the whole point of his arc, that he loves this girl but he kills her for Frank's ambition. The whole symbolism with the journal and leaving shit unfinished, how could people not pick up on that? They bludgeoned you with it. To me, yeah, they're stretching. The ending to S3 should have been the halfway point. And then Claire's character should have been written completely different. And Remy should stop fucking feeling sorry for himself. Then we would have a show.

spronk

FPS noob
season would have been crazy great if putin romanced claire, she leaves frank in episode 7 to be with her ruski bare chested lover. in the finale twist she murders him in bed as they are having sex and declares herself Queen of Russia, and it was a plot all along by Frank and Claire to take over the world.

They celebrate by having Meecham suck their toes while ShittyWriter butt fucks Meecham with a black dildo made from a Remy cast. Frank turns to the camera in the final scene and says "Politics, either you take it in the ass or you put it in the butt"