House of Cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Got around to finishing the last episodes tonight.. Good season, not the best, but not the worst. Hated how it ended though.
WTF was that shit?! We already had the season where Francis and Claire were fighting each other, it was the worst season yet. Now they want to go back to it, did they learn nothing? Francis and Claire vs the World is the whole core of the show. Their relationship is half of what makes the show interesting.
you are right about the spymaster chick. Where the fuck did she come from? You would think the Underwoods would know someone like that was lurking as a lower ranking official. Also the black reporter guy who manages to shoot up the ranks of the white house comms department - during a period where everyone was paranoid about leaks.. Uh, that just doesn't happen. I did enjoy the way the onion got peeled back on Conway though, from confident superman to blithering child who was getting set up to be run by his betters.

The acting is still top notch in my opinion though, so for that I can forgive much in the way of plot elements.
The dude shooting up the ranks makes sense, because he wasn't around when the leaks happened. He's more trustworthy then anyone already there when you aren't sure who is doing the leaking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Great season overall.

Not a big fan of how it ended, though, and don't think I'd be all that interested in a whole season starting from where this one left off.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really disliked this season... I am having trouble suspending my disbelief that...

1. Man and Wife are The First Couple
  2. Senior Member of inner circle outright confesses to murder.
  3. Two sitting presidents resign within what? 2 years?

• 1Solidarity

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Totally hated this season. Ruined the series for me, more or less.

Creating magic, know-everything all-powerful characters 4 years into the existence of the show is really bad. How come the Underwoods didn't know about either of these people? Ridiculous.

Let's not even get into how they destroyed Doug's character.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't dislike this season as much as many of you, but 1) bringing in the new chick that can solve every problem out of nowhere and 2) making Claire and Frank adversaries again are both really lame.

It was still way better than the third season or whatever season it was when Frank and Claire were split up. Them isolating themselves and taking on the rest of the world is the show.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Totally hated this season. Ruined the series for me, more or less.

Creating magic, know-everything all-powerful characters 4 years into the existence of the show is really bad. How come the Underwoods didn't know about either of these people? Ridiculous.

Let's not even get into how they destroyed Doug's character.

Thought it was utter dog shit as well. The show has always forced you to make some allowances for unbelievable bullshit, but they went several steps too far this season. No interest in next season with the way this one ended especially.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
People always talk about jumping the shark in the silicon valley thread of all places, but this shows continuously jumps the shark and I love it. When he pushed the secdef down what, like 2 stairs, I knew I needed to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride. When he talked about underwoods in the whitehouse for 30+ years I knew we were going places. When he revealed that having claire be president was his master plan the whole time (lololol) I knew that this show maybe has one season left.

But seriously, it's fun watching it. The first few seasons were serious political intrigue. The last couple you have to take it almost as a comedic drama.

• 1Barf

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
because its more drama and less idiocracy, its a shitty show. ill still watch every week tho

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That shit about Claire being President and him being on the outside as REAL POWER made no fucking sense. Even if that nonsense was actually true, wouldn't him being President for 8 years and then Claire being President for 8 years with him in the private sector still be better?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
That shit about Claire being President and him being on the outside as REAL POWER made no fucking sense. Even if that nonsense was actually true, wouldn't him being President for 8 years and then Claire being President for 8 years with him in the private sector still be better?
no, because that means they went 8 years without 'real power' if that's what he really believes. He saw what Tusk can do at Elysian by being the puppeteer, and thinks he can do that now.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
The cuckolding whiny writer shit is fucking annoying. Would rather see Francis banging whores again.

Great to see Doug back to his old self. I'm enjoying the rapport between him and Neve. She's a good mini-me type protege and they play off well off each other.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Halfway through the new season and it's pretty boring.

The show is way too repetitive at this point. I feel like nothing ever actually happens and the way the characters all interact never changes. It's all way too predictable.

• 2Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, they're not really exploring new ground. It's crisis -> scrambling to fix things-> Frank speech about how awesome he is and will overcome all -> situation resolves to Frank's advantage ultimately.

My interest in Claire was a lot more than Frank this season. Unlike season three, where she felt disjointed and oftentimes irrational, I thought here she was portrayed in a somewhat nuanced way, trying to find the line between supporting Frank and positioning herself, as well as determining just how far she was willing to go.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Finished the new season. I think the show has ran it's course.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agree, I think this show should have ended once Frank became president, it been searching for something to do ever since.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished Season 4 and disagree with above comments. Really liking that:

Claire willing to kill to preserve the dynasty. Also Neve murdered by Frank. Shit just got even realer than it was.

• 1Solidarity

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
show ran it's course by season 2 really. has been all down hill since.

we've been debating how crazy this series would have to go to compete with RL politics (As well as how hilarious VEEP would have to get to compete). And while VEEP has rose to the occassion and is still the funniest show on TV this shit has just gone down hill since Frank became president.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The cuckolding whiny writer shit is fucking annoying.

That "story arc" was the worst modern TV show story arc ever. They'd did a better job showing Frank fucking cosplay trannies on Times Square.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished the last season, and as with many here, I found it both a bit lacking and unbelievable.
I agree that the two new powerbroker characters came in a bit abruptly. That said, the dude had an interesting in-story. The blonde chick, I had to read up on the wiki to figure out who the fuck she was, and I still don't fully understand her roll. At first I thought she was supposed to be the National Security Adviser, since that was basically what she was peddling. Whatever.

I didn't mind, and in fact fully expected the husband-wife Pres-VP to come up at some point, but Francis resigning after just winning the election? WTF? I was *always* expecting Francis to do what all powerhungry rulers do when they face domestic issues: launch a war. I was always expecting something like a full scale invasion of Syria, or even a hot war with Russia over that Antarctica shit to be the way Francis "won" the impeachment story line. Resigning? Francis? lol.

I liked how Claire started to talk to the camera half way through, it was fitting seeing how she is taking over.

The ending was all wrong. As some have said they need to wrap this up next season, and do it in one of two ways: Claire and Francis rift (as almost happened in one of the earlier seasons) and the infighting causes their complete and utter downfall, ending in assassination or imprisonment. Or, their total victory with them suspending the constitution or something similar due to a national emergency (that the orchestrate). I don't see a middle ground that would fit the Underwoods.