House of Cards

iannis

Musty Nester
It's fourth wall, but we all know what he means.

Those asides are indeed what makes the show special. It makes the show a character drama (which are interesting stories) instead of a political drama (which are soap operas for men).

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't it the "fourth wall?" In any case, that's probably what I loved MOST about the series.
As I said, I was up late
frown.png

Medain_sl

shitlord
More likely they had to pony up the cash to keep Spacey on board and available. This is a new type of format and I'm sure he is invested in it but he is an A-list movie actor, they schedule their projects years in advance.

iannis

Musty Nester
I remember from the interviews with spacey that the way it happened is that netflix approached him and his (company / writers / business?) and said "we want a show". Spacey said "We want 2 years". Netflix said "k". And it is apparently an unprecedented way to do business, Spacey was apparently personally shocked that they wrote him a blank check for it. And he said that he and the cast would all be pleased to do seasons 3 or 4 or however many the story was worth, but the deal... the deal was for 2 seasons.

So probably not that ground breaking that they picked it up for 3+. It's a huge win for Spacey as an actor, sure, but he's already solidly A-list. He went to England to dance for the Queen and shit. How much more acclaim does the man require for that part of his career. At this point he could get paid to go take a dump on stage. It's a bigger win for him as a business leader in that community. He might have a real part in changing how "television" works as it adapts to the internet. How many people even get a SMALL part in that decision? You could probably count them.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Thought season 1 was great I just hope they don't throw in more arbitrary gay Frank for no fucking reason.

iannis

Musty Nester
Gay Frank served a good purpose though. It humanizes him as well as showing that he doesn't give a shit, he truly does not give a shit, about "the rules".

It's one of those rare configurations where sucking cock serves to make him even more manly.

Well done, I say.

Fuckin fag.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this the first time Netflix has had a highly anticipated show? I'm thinking Arrested Development maybe, but I feel like this one has a much broader audience.

I keep hearing shit about how Netflix comprises a very large percentage of internet traffic (which I find a bit hard to believe, but whatever...we'll assume it's true), and for something like this, you've gotta wonder if it's one of those things that breaks North American traffic "records."

Also, I don't remember anything gay taking place in this show. Was I not paying attention or did I just forget?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Also, I don't remember anything gay taking place in this show. Was I not paying attention or did I just forget?
The episode when Frank goes back to his military school (West Point? Which one?) for a library named in his honor. He meets up with his choir boys from back in the day and they break into the old library and get fucked up. There's some gay talk that happens.

EDIT: Just watched the first episode. Fast, intense and suprising. Loved how they waited until the last scene to break the fourth wall. Really looking forward to watching the rest this weekend.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
On second episode in season 2 - the touch at the end with the cuff links further extended the smile already on my face from this episode.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Can't wait for a season full of Zoe's yummy parts!

Great moment, getting some GoT up in here - Thought we were going to have the same arrangement as season 1 between Frank and Zoe, then BAM!

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
So was this pic of Kate Mara from the first episode shopped or real? Someone check the pixels:NSFW