House of the Dragon

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty underwhelming ending.

I like dthe final confrontation, but it all just felt....inconsequential. Her son dying doesnt really matter, yea its a loss of a dragon, but now he doesnt have to worry about Driftmark. Hopefully lame older son dies as well, and that entire strong story line can just die out.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Pretty underwhelming ending.

I like dthe final confrontation, but it all just felt....inconsequential. Her son dying doesnt really matter, yea its a loss of a dragon, but now he doesnt have to worry about Driftmark. Hopefully lame older son dies as well, and that entire strong story line can just die out.
Isnt that cripple guy a Strong?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I like dthe final confrontation, but it all just felt....inconsequential.

Yeah, totally inconsequential - the unintended killing that looks set to turn a cold war into a hot one and start the civil war for real

Hall of Shame big brain take

• 1Worf

Jozu

And what are we supposed to think of dragons now? Both of them just losing control of their dragons, it wasnt Aemond who started the war it was his dragon!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And what are we supposed to think of dragons now? Both of them just losing control of their dragons, it wasnt Aemond who started the war it was his dragon!

Now? Try earlier in the season when Viserys said dragons were a power that should never have been trifled with

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Da fuk, episode leaked? See it on friends plex, but not on hbo app. Do I want to wait for the 4K, is it grey and gritty like that shit episode, I mean?

spronk

FPS noob
Da fuk, episode leaked? See it on friends plex, but not on hbo app. Do I want to wait for the 4K, is it grey and gritty like that shit episode, I mean?

quality is good, 1080p with AC 5.1 audio. It was ripped from a euro stream (PUUUUUUTIN!!!) so it runs at PAL/25 fps which could be an issue for some people with weird setups, but Plex/Kodi should play it perfectly fine.

i'd watch this version, frankly its a bit of a disappointing finale so may as well get it over with, only one good action scene and you don't really need the 4k Dolby Vision version for it. I doubt most people will have any interest in rewatching the season after it

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah like most of the changes they made seems like a terrible decision. Not only is the succession a "whoopsie alicent misunderstand ramblings of dying king" rather than a legitimate question with a huge grey area, but now the start of the war is a "whoopsie can't control dragons my bad" rather than Aemond taking vengeance on the man who took his eye when he was a kid and too much of a pussy to face him or pay the debt.

in the book, of course alicent is mortified to learn what happened when aemond comes back to kings landing bragging about doing it, but his bro Aegon throws a feast in his honor.

the dragon fights is about the only thing this show has going for it, which leaves me wondering....just how much are they going to follow the timeline in the book, with each season being about a year now that season 1 covered 28 years...
if every season is 1 year, just about everyone and every dragon should be dead by the end of season 2, and the rest of the war is all about the politics and betrayals and etc from all those background characters they really haven't bothered to flesh out or even name. Only ones you know are Mysaria the white worm and Lorys the clubfoot...but you barely know either of them, just insert random foot fetish...

So will each season by like, 6 months....to drag the show out? could get you 5 seasons that way but still, even then everyone who anyone cares about will be dead by the end of season 2 or middle of season 3...

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah like most of the changes they made seems like a terrible decision. Not only is the succession a "whoopsie alicent misunderstand ramblings of dying king" rather than a legitimate question with a huge grey area, but now the start of the war is a "whoopsie can't control dragons my bad" rather than Aemond taking vengeance on the man who took his eye when he was a kid and too much of a pussy to face him or pay the debt.

in the book, of course alicent is mortified to learn what happened when aemond comes back to kings landing bragging about doing it, but his bro Aegon throws a feast in his honor.
so youre saying the re-writers are of the generation that take zero responsibility?

Jozu

Yea I forgot about clubfoot footslave being a Strong. I dont have anyhting against any of the Strongs, but the way the show did Harwin was terrible. There was at least some opportunity to reflect on, or explicitly show why he was so revered for his fighting prowess and stregnth to give his sons some kind of real mystique and quality. Instead the entire Strong storyline is simply used as a ploy for Rheanrya being a whore.

Now that the season is over I think we can give the show a proper review.

It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. But not nearly as good as it could be. The underlying lore and the theme of dragons should catapult this thing PAST Game of Thrones. But the creativity and experience are just not there in the writers room. Either way it was better than I thought it would be, so maybe season 2 can improve. I would argue successive seasons of GoT were better than season 1.

I wonder if they kill off the other Strong boy in order for Deamons sons to take charge of succesion.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
ignoring for a moment my main problem with this show (it butchering the source material for woke points), i'd say objectively the show so far is just, bad. Not terrible, but not anywhere close to good. The writing and pacing has just been inconsistent and all over the place, the multiple time jumps and actor changes makes it worse. I don't think a single non-book reader has a fucking clue what's going on.

Remember Honest trailers guy? remember his GoT one..

Yeah after 3 seasons of an extremely well written and universally loved Game of Thrones, that's who he remembers.. That's your average viewer sitting at home, right there.

Compare that to this show.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The underlying lore and the theme of dragons should catapult this thing PAST Game of Thrones.

LOL, what lore? There's infinitely more lore to explore in GOT than there is in a series focused on one family and its civil war, lmao

• 1Dislike

Jozu

You're an idiot bro, shut up. You dont contribute shit besides ad hominem attacks on posters who are contributing. Go be gay somewhere else.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You're an idiot bro, shut up. You dont contribute shit besides ad hominem attacks on posters who are contributing. Go be gay somewhere else.

By all means point out the ad hominem in my last two replies, then tell me what lore should be in hotd and how that is more lore content than the white walkers, army of undead, Jon snows parents, bran and the three eyed raven, direwolves, worgs, magic assassins, rebirth of dragons etc etc

Izo

Tranny Chaser
quality is good, 1080p with AC 5.1 audio. It was ripped from a euro stream (PUUUUUUTIN!!!) so it runs at PAL/25 fps which could be an issue for some people with weird setups, but Plex/Kodi should play it perfectly fine.

i'd watch this version, frankly its a bit of a disappointing finale so may as well get it over with, only one good action scene and you don't really need the 4k Dolby Vision version for it. I doubt most people will have any interest in rewatching the season after it
Caved and watched. FFS, this show was going places. More dead babies and this? Bah.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Did they film this backwards?
Season 1 is Season 7 and Season 2 is Season 5?
Oh well, I'd say the stage is well set.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My issue with this show and GoT in general, is that once you catch on to the writing technique, it's hard to ignore. A story is usually considered bornig when nothing bad happens, i.e. there are no consequences. What they do here is the opposite. Every scenario they write, you can see them ask themselves: "how can this go wrong?" It's fine to do that at the right moments. It's how drama is made. But with HofD and GoT, it's literally every plot point and it makes things feel just as insignificant as the opposite. I feel no tension or connection to anyone because I'm just waiting for the next bad thing to happen. I couldn't care less about the Iron Throne at this point, and the formula has grown quite stale.
What worked about game of thrones is that most things went the way they should be expected. Look at Ned stark. If the king sentences you to death, you get put to death. The reader has all these expectations from their experience in fantasy, but Ned stark ends up getting put to death exactly like would happen in the real world. RR Marten spent a long time breaking down fantasy expectations and putting characters in a real world, and then went out of the way to make most characters and situations a shade of gray so the reader would have no clue what’s coming next.

What this show aims for is far cheaper.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, something finally happened at least. And then the credits rolled....

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users