How do you prefer your steak?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
My understanding is that unless you're actually in Japan, the chances of eating true Kobe beef are pretty much zero. So I'd wager just about no one here has.

Rare or blue rare (if the restaurant allows it). If the restaurant doesn't allow anything below medium rare, I just order something else. It is my humble opinion that rare is the only way steak should be eaten. Not to sound snobby, but I believe most connoisseurs will agree with that statement.

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
Never trust someone who orders well-done, or puts A1/ketchup on their steak.
Jesus fuckballs, I had a coworker that did this shit (A1). He would layer the entire fucking steak with it before cutting into it. After two or three times seeing this, I refused to go eat steak with him, it was embarassing.

Medium Rare is where I go.

faithdies_sl

shitlord
Last I heard they are about to start importing true Kobe beef. The US changed some importation law that will allow Kobe beef and italian charcuterie.

fris

Vyemm Raider
filet, rare to blue with a heavy peppercorn and salt seasoning. u don't like a cream pan sauce w/ filet, the meat is just delicious by itself.

strip, rare to medium rare, peppercorns and pan sauce.

for years i was ribeye all the way, but learned i didn't like chewing the fat. i know people that do, but i like don't. i want the fat when i cook the meat, but don't want to eat the remaining fat when eating the steak. anything under medium well will have a lot of fat still in the steak which i have to eat around.

i can eat rare hamburger meat, i like the taste. it freaks people out though. if someone seasons hamburger meat before making pattys, i'll usually steal a few pinches.

Sgt A. Capwn_sl

shitlord
At a respectable steak house or my house, rare. Anywhere else, medium rare because I don't know if some of these jackwagons practice basic safe food handling.

spronk

FPS noob
I've eaten kobe beef in japan twice, once in the 90s in Kyoto and once in a 2006 trip. Its really not that special, it cost over $150 for a few ounces and while it tasted better, it wasn't anything crazy delicious. The best way I guess I could explain it is eating a really, really good chilean sea bass vs a regular sea bass - the kobe beef melts in your mouth with little chewing required. I think you can still only buy true kobe beef inside Japan, all the vegas/nyc/etc places that sell Kobe beef are selling Wagyu beef, dunno how they get away with it.

i can eat rare hamburger meat, i like the taste. it freaks people out though. if someone seasons hamburger meat before making pattys, i'll usually steal a few pinches.
that is crazy dumb, ground meat can contain e-coli. It can't penetrate deep into a steak so a quick sear on the outside is enough to kill any bacteria (but shitty restaurants can retransmit via bad tong usage), but ground beef should always be cooked through to kill all the e-coli, just like pork (trich) and chicken (salmonella). Its also why I wouldn't eat beef carpaccio unless I make it myself. Unless I guess you are talking about eating ground beef right after its ground in front of your eyes, but thats still risky i think?

I had a nice filet today for lunch/dinner, pan grilled with just brown butter gravy. I'll usually eat steak twice a week, I need to get a better source though. Buy 1/2 from a high end butchery in town for good prices, but a few people on my towns reddit have highly recommended going in on a group on a cow from a local farmer. I kinda don't want to eat frozen beef though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fact that no one in this thread so far has said "With a blowjob" yet means that you all need to turn to turn in your man cards.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've eaten plenty of bloody ass burgers, you guys are just pussies. Shits delicious. I don't like it as rare as I like steak, but true medium rare for sure. Only problem is how soggy the roll can get after the first bite.

fris

Vyemm Raider
i actually don't like rare/medium rare burgers, buns get to wet usually. thus, i go for medium at least burgers if i have to eat it cooked
smile.png

Arakkis

N00b
I've eaten plenty of bloody ass burgers, you guys are just pussies. Shits delicious. I don't like it as rare as I like steak, but true medium rare for sure. Only problem is how soggy the roll can get after the first bite.
Do you all see the kind of insanity your rare meat elitism spawns? You are all disgusting savages.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wonder if he's confusing rare and raw in his hamburger post because he said he was eating pinches before they cook it. That's just fucked up dude.