How have you changed in the last decade?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Let's see....
Been married 10 years as of next Wednesday, so there's that....
Hair's about a foot and a half longer.
The Van Dyke is approaching "Duck Dynasty" territory.
Fought against infertility for most of the last decade, so I've changed from someone who dreamt of having kids, to someone who realizes he will never father a child.

Oh, and I bought a Mustang.

Gooch_sl

shitlord
Got my job I currently have, lost one friend, gained a bunch more, put on 30 pounds, drink less, stopped paying attention to people in general who attempt to dictate where my life goes, and stopped caring about this being a run on sentence just now.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
10 years ago I thought I lived in a vast world with overwhelming possibilities, too many to even make up my mind what to do. I only wanted to be carefree and happy.

Today I yearn for some force of nature wash away this insidious industrial civilization and the masses of zealots, anti-intellectuals, and 1%'rs that have corrupted and poisoned this magical place.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Yes magical, I'm sure when Ugh the caveman was sitting in the empty cave with a festering wound dying ever slowly and painfully all he could think of was how magical the world he lived in was.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
We got divorced this January after she drove our finances into the ground and fucked at least one guy.
. I could care less if I love or even like her ............ This time I'm marrying for money.
I often think about what must turned the people who do this sort of stuff to others into the sort of people who do this.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
One of the big changes for me is that I now post. 0.o
It might seem like a small change but we have to take things one step at a time.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Yes magical, I'm sure when Ugh the caveman was sitting in the empty cave with a festering wound dying ever slowly and painfully all he could think of was how magical the world he lived in was.
Yeah you dumb twat everything pre-industrial scale farming/fishing/logging/war etc was just dying cave men.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Yeah you dumb twat everything pre-industrial scale farming/fishing/logging/war etc was just dying cave men.
Ok a famine starved village.

Post industrial society is far from special, and there's tons of shit in it, But don't call me a dumb twat when you're making sweeping generalized statements that paintyouas one because some specific facet of life has become a hard pill to swallow. You know how desperate for attention you sound like? "Oh fuckin' woe is me...."

Thread isn't, "Post about how much of a giant pill you've become."

There's a thread in "Grown-Ups" about depression if you want to get mopey, at least fucking elaborate about the negative shit that's happened to you in the last decade.

W

Wrathcaster

Jesus fucking christ, and I thought being 28 and choosing the wrong career path was depressing. Some of you make me want to drink antifreeze. FUTURE SURE IS LOOKING BRIGHT

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ten years ago, I was giving up EQ, moving to Cali, and shacking up with the woman who would become my wife. These days, I have traded MMOs for Warhammer and other more social nerd pursuits. I am fatter, but more active. I am lazier, but more ambitious. I am more jaded, but less cynical, if that makes sense. I am happily married and I got to do and see tons of cool shit every year. At 43, I have been having the happiest time of my entire life. I might not be a millionaire or banging a supermodel, but I am happy and fulfilled and seeing you miserable mother fuckers bitch about your problems on the internet is like a daily affirmation of how happy I am. In short, my life is pretty awesome, especially for a fat Midwestern college dropout nerd.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
10 years ago I looked at the changes coming with the OoW expansion and the bullshit they were pulling with focuses so I quit for WoW. Today I look at the bullshit every game is pulling and am quitting hope. Everything is shit.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Ok a famine starved village.
What the hell does a famine starved village have to do with my desire to see industrial civilization washed away? Do you know in Florida circa 1500 CE wildlife, vegetation, clams, fish etc. were so abundant the MILLIONS of natives there hadn't even invented farming when they were discovered by Europeans? Do you understand that ancient Greece and Rome weren't industrial civilizations? How about early America too?

Post industrial society is far from special, and there's tons of shit in it, But don't call me a dumb twat when you're making sweeping generalized statements that paintyouas one because some specific facet of life has become a hard pill to swallow. You know how desperate for attention you sound like? "Oh fuckin' woe is me...."
You're the one attacking me for posting how I changed in the last decade. I well understand pre/post-industrial civilization has lots of bad shit in it, mostly to keep our population in check so we don't ruin the fucking planet. Anyone who can face facts, knows our grandchildren will be lucky to have air and water or ya know, a habitable atmosphere.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
What the hell does a famine starved village have to do with my desire to see industrial civilization washed away? Do you know in Florida circa 1500 CE wildlife, vegetation, clams, fish etc. were so abundant the MILLIONS of natives there hadn't even invented farming when they were discovered by Europeans? Do you understand that ancient Greece and Rome weren't industrial civilizations? How about early America too?

You're the one attacking me for posting how I changed in the last decade. I well understand pre/post-industrial civilization has lots of bad shit in it, mostly to keep our population in check so we don't ruin the fucking planet. Anyone who can face facts, knows our grandchildren will be lucky to have air and water or ya know, a habitable atmosphere.
You were whining, and you're still whining. That's all you're doing.

Now you're espousing a message for Greenpeace about a time that hasn't even happened yet, in a thread that's about the last 10 years of your life. Thank you Al Gore, we wanted your completely vague ambiguous notion on overpopulation and environmental destruction in a thread about what has happened toyou(not the planet!) in the last 10 years.

I took Western Civ I and II also, it's really not relevant to the thread unless you're working on becoming a Historian. Also you're creating a false notion that the bad stuff that kept us "in check" was some type of divine all powerful natural enforcing feature, when it was just diseases trying to survive, less advanced Agricultural technologies, unavoidable disasters, less evolved ethics, and bad diplomacy.

tldr; stop, swallow it and GROW UP a god damn little. If you'd actually like to share I would listen.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
That would be around the time I put down EQ, sold my character, lost my virginity, and began becoming a sociable human being. Since then I've been kicked in the nuts and punched in the throat by responsibility but have since turned things around for the better. Making nearly 6 figures at 25 in a job that no longer requires me to work until my eyes bleed and have a great group of friends. Things could be worse. Thank you to the various posters of this thread for re-assuring me of this fact.

Silence_sl

shitlord
10 years ago: old enough to know better, young enough not to care.

Today: old enough to know better, young enough not to care.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Over the last 10 years I have learned to mellow out quite a bit from how I was in my gaming days and have gained better footing against depression and anxiety, and become more motivated and less of a procrastinator with the help of occasional nootropic stacking cycles.