How I Met Your Mother

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, I think they should have ended in about 3 seasons ago. By rule most successful shows lose their appeal about 5-6 seasons in but from the studio's pov they still make enough money to warrant extra seasons. And that's the downfall here. Writers, actors, producers are usually phoning it in at that stage. Everything is too familiar and predictable.

Kold_sl

shitlord
yeah, I think they should have ended in about 3 seasons ago. By rule most successful shows lose their appeal about 5-6 seasons in but from the studio's pov they still make enough money to warrant extra seasons. And that's the downfall here. Writers, actors, producers are usually phoning it in at that stage. Everything is too familiar and predictable.
I quit watching about 2 seasons ago for this reason.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Wasn't Robins story about the engagement ring making her invisible a direct repeat of the same story when Lilly got engaged to Marshall? I still watch because they usually have at least a line or two of amusement each episode and sometimes even one that is good overall but it's more of a "I've seen 8 seasons, might as well see it through" than anything tbh.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
this show needs to end already, i'm only watching at this point because i've put so much time into it... but the episodes are rarely funny anymore, this robbin daggers episode was horrible, they have no content.

Perdiction for series finale... "Ted bumps into "the" girl, she turns around, fade out so we never see her face, fade into ted in the future with kids on the couch/chairs in his office.. Ted says "And that kids, is how i met your mother" Fade out, credits...
so, in reality, we will _never_ see who this chick is and that is what sucks after all this time.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I really liked that episode other than the usual Ted shite. With that being the final Robin Sparkles episode I thought they went out on a high.

The showrunners are promising a huge change in format for next season, early predictions are they might be starting the season with "How I Met Your Father" episodes. Personally I hope he finally meets her at the end of this season and next season pulls it all together. Doubtful though, they got to halfway through this season before finding out they had another come so they obviously intended for it to happen in the last 30 seconds >.<

Fazana_sl

shitlord
biggrin.png

JBvgmT5.jpg

RSai7uF.jpg

biggrin.png

JBvgmT5.jpg

RSai7uF.jpg

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I never really liked Ted, the rest of the cast is amazing but as the show goes on I am beginning to hate everyone on it. Segal saved Muppets and Alyson won me over in Buffy but are loosing me as the their roles drag on. NPH is amazing in just about anything he does but I ca no longer stand him in this show alone. Cobie Smulders is gorgeous and I think she is just starting to grow as an actor, I can't wait to see what she does when given a good role. They even managed to make me hate Kal Penn. The only ending to this show that would in any way phase me is if Ted meets a woman who already has children (I think they have passes the point where the children would have had to be born in the timeline to be the age they are in the opening) and, here is the twist, she dies and he adopts the kids. That would be out of left field and the kids could thank god that they are in no way related to the putz that is Ted.

They have completely forgotten that all of the main characters except for Barney are burried under massive debt haven't they? The issue was addressed for a couple of episodes and they dropped the premise. This would have been the only redeeming aspect of the show, that all of the drunken stupid antics would come back to bite them in the ass, all except for the one person in the cast with no scruples whatsoever. I also have a problem with 2 Broke Girls in this regard, they have gotten their cupcake store not through being scrappy but instead it was just handed to them, the very first thing they do is try to get people to work for free so they can enjoy the profit and then I believe they are actively trying to make the worst decision possible for comedic purposes instead of using pressure and insanity of owing your own business to find the funny.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I never really liked Ted, the rest of the cast is amazing but as the show goes on I am beginning to hate everyone on it. Segal saved Muppets and Alyson won me over in Buffy but are loosing me as the their roles drag on. NPH is amazing in just about anything he does but I ca no longer stand him in this show alone. Cobie Smulders is gorgeous and I think she is just starting to grow as an actor, I can't wait to see what she does when given a good role. They even managed to make me hate Kal Penn. The only ending to this show that would in any way phase me is if Ted meets a woman who already has children (I think they have passes the point where the children would have had to be born in the timeline to be the age they are in the opening) and, here is the twist, she dies and he adopts the kids. That would be out of left field and the kids could thank god that they are in no way related to the putz that is Ted.

They have completely forgotten that all of the main characters except for Barney are burried under massive debt haven't they? The issue was addressed for a couple of episodes and they dropped the premise. This would have been the only redeeming aspect of the show, that all of the drunken stupid antics would come back to bite them in the ass, all except for the one person in the cast with no scruples whatsoever. I also have a problem with 2 Broke Girls in this regard, they have gotten their cupcake store not through being scrappy but instead it was just handed to them, the very first thing they do is try to get people to work for free so they can enjoy the profit and then I believe they are actively trying to make the worst decision possible for comedic purposes instead of using pressure and insanity of owing your own business to find the funny.
Yeah, they did the whole "marshall and lily have a baby" arc, and the kid is nothing but a prop. Having recently had a kid, I keep seeing them hang out and both my wife and I just bitch about it. "You can't play a drum, you'll wake the kid" and other shit. It's like they let the loser dad just adopt him and seal that they're shitty parents.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I stopped watching the show all together when a meth smoking friend of mine was trying to emulate the show. He kept saying we are just like them! He also said that about Big Bang Theory. Another or the meth smokers was really into ancient aliens and other things erroneously put on the History channel, the name of the channel lending weight to the credibility of bullshit. There is evidence that Oxycontin also makes the user more susceptible to suggestion, and even without drawing some crazy conspiracy theory scenario those drugs in combination with today's pop culture does not paint a pretty future for us.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
That joke went on way too long. Most callbacks can only work 3 times at most, initial deception, minor truth, then full revelation and the lead in with the wine drinking was just drawn out filler. The only show I have seen pull off calling back a scene that many times is the underrated Clerks Animated series in which the second episode was a clip show but only having one episode to pull from the lead in line " hey remember the time we <blank>?" often led to the same scene being repeatedly shown.

I thought the tease at the beginning that Ted was moving on from the girl he dated before he dated their mother and then not following through with it was a big FU to the audience. "We hear you but we just aren't done milking the franchise yet."

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I didn't say it was an all time classic, it was just the best this season
tongue.png

No shit there's going to be filler, the disgraceful decision to give them another season guarantee's filler! They are claiming this is the last relationship before the mother but they haven't ended it yet.

I did laugh at the "Are you a cawwwp" callback.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
thank god it's going to end next season.they are streching the show so much that isn't funny anymore.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Christ, this week's one with the Captain was just dreary
frown.png
Every time they do a decent one they just go back to being bored and wanting to be somewhere else in the next episode.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
no laughs from me, nice that they killed yet another useless subplot and are ready to move on. The fact that barney had a second playbook made his entire proposal to robin terrible. Like really, that was the dumbest thing I've seen in a while

come on season, end already

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Perdiction for series finale... "Ted bumps into "the" girl, she turns around, fade out so we never see her face, fade into ted in the future with kids on the couch/chairs in his office.. Ted says "And that kids, is how i met your mother" Fade out, credits...
so, in reality, we will _never_ see who this chick is and that is what sucks after all this time.
I fucking hope this does not happen seriously. At this point I just want the show to end and was hoping it wouldn't get picked up for another season. Now that is has I hope that atleast they do it correctly and not the whole "finish it off in 30 seconds".

Last episode I think I laughed the most so far this season. Ted with the penis pickup lines was hilarious.