How I Met Your Mother

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Except it took way too long for him to take off the makeup. It looked like it didn't go as planned.

Lusiphur

Peasant
It's still not getting any better
frown.png

frown.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
hahahahahahahaha Just how fucking lazy are these writers

Ted & Robin, Part XXXVII
No shit. Watched this last night and was just irate at how shitty the story is getting.
Was somehow hopping the dad handed the necklace to Barney, but whatever, fuck this show.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I was hoping for that as well but no, actual characterisation has long since been thrown out the window.

I'm fairly sure Barney has the necklace for *nonsense reasons* but it in no way redeems what happened at the end.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Formula for the quality of any given How I Met Your Mother episode:

Q = 8B - T^2 - 2S
where Q=quality, B=screen time of Barney in minutes, T=screen time of Ted in minutes, and S=season number

As we can see here, quality increases linearly with screen time of Barney. Furthermore, Barney's screen presence makes up for the undesirable nature of Ted at lower amounts, still allowing for a quality episode as long as the season number is not too high. However, Ted's screen presence quickly outpaces Barney's screen presence as you get to higher numbers, so that an episode with high amounts of both Ted and Barney ultimately results in a low quality episode. As we can see, an ideal episode is one in which Barney's screen time is maximized, Ted's screen time is minimized, and the season is early.

Recently, other researchers have proposed an amendment to the current formula as a means to incorporate Marshall and Lily into consideration. There is general consensus to label it simply as the variable, M, as Lily's value is only in relation to making Marshall funny. This is the most complicated aspect of the formula, as M greatly adds value to an episode in very small amounts, but as screen time increases, the increase in Quality (Q) drops off severely. Furthermore, at levels higher than approximately 3 minutes, the presence of Marshall and Lily actually causes a decrease in Quality, as can be seen in the following graph.
rrr_img_23806.jpg

While there is considerable disagreement about the coefficient to the logarithmic representation of variable, M, we believe the following to be the most accurate representation of the effect of M on Quality. The proposed amendment to the formula, thus, is as follows:

Q = 8B - T^2 - 2S + 4log[1/(M/3)]

rrr_img_23806.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord
hahahahahahahaha Just how fucking lazy are these writers

Ted & Robin, Part XXXVII
I really hope their viewer numbers completely tank after last night's bullshit episode.

Why the fuck would anyone write that garbage? I can't imagine anyone wants to see that bullshit arc played out yet again.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Last night was the first night I have actually been pissed off about an episode of this show. I hope Barney or her dad has it and makes her feel like the cheap whore she is.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I didn't see it as more than Ted comforting Robin. I mean we already know that Robin and Barney get married.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
It was definitely more than just that, at least on Robin's end. And we don't know Robin and Barney actually get married. By this point the show has a pretty solid reputation for switching it up. They could do tons of stuff with that, having Robin marry a different guy named Barney, etc. The writers are dumb enough to pull that kind of thing.

If this Robin/Ted thing turns into anything, God himself is gonna facepalm.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Coming after a few decent episodes in a row they had to air this combo breaker. No one cares about these relationships anymore, just show us the mom and give us one season of something different and new. Then kill this show.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
played on my phone through the episode... didn't hear where the amulet went. Did check out the credits long enough to see "Yellow Umbrella Girl" being listed. I thought she'd be hotter.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
played on my phone through the episode... didn't hear where the amulet went. Did check out the credits long enough to see "Yellow Umbrella Girl" being listed. I thought she'd be hotter.
She is hot as a sexy baby. (both of these pictures are of the same actress)

the-mother-650x487.jpg

sexy-baby.gif

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Oh christ that's who she is, she looked vaguely familiar from something although she looks disturbingly alien in that shot.

So that's another season down without the actual wedding taking place, wasn't it the first episode of season 6 they started with it and three full seasons later the story hasn't got past that day
biggrin.png

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Its so hard to even watch this fucking show, but you do, just to see the fucking mom. Once a great show has been absolutely fucking ruined by the last few years.

I cant blame the cast for agree'ing to it, they are getting a fucking boatload of money, but fuck the writers.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am almost convinced that's not the mom and her friend bringing her the umbrella/bass.