How many sneakers you got?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently being a grown up involves being a sedentary fatass who never exercises.

But really, what the fuck kind of term is "sneakers", or "tennis shoes" or "athletic footwear"? Isn't there some non-dumbass term for these shoes?

Disclaimer: I wear Vans or other skate shoes for my casual footwear, but I'm also a middle aged white man so I use arch support inserts.
frown.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
But really, what the fuck kind of term is "sneakers", or "tennis shoes" or "athletic footwear"? Isn't there some non-dumbass term for these shoes?
Yeah, that's my issue here. Sneakers casts a pretty wide net. I have a pair or two for running, but I consider those running shoes. I suppose a few other pairs of my casuals shoes might be defined as sneakers, but I don't really consider them to be nor do they look like running or skate shoes. Never really liked Vans or DCs or Airwalks or whatever.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doesn't really matter how you define it. I'm still in that 1-10 bracket. Have 2 pairs of running shoes (newer and the old pair) and also a pair of flat bottomed Adidas ones I use for weight lifting. Then I also have 2 pairs of work shoes (brown, black) and a pair of old Army boots that are broken in really well. Then on top of that like 4 pairs of flip flops.

Why the fuck you need 20 pairs of shoes, I have no idea.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The real questions is how many pairs of Tims yall Wakandans got?

timberland-shoes-boots-gold.jpg

On the real though, I currently wear a pair of the Ron Burgandy Nikes to work in my office.

nike-dunk-sb-anchorman-3.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
On the real though, I currently wear a pair of the Ron Burgandy Nikes to work in my office.

nike-dunk-sb-anchorman-3.jpg
I dig those kicks.

Is the kicks thing a relatively new fashion movement specific to younger males? One of my college roommates had a massive shoe collection. I think this was mainly because he went to a Catholic high school and footwear was the only clothing that wasn't enforced by uniform rules. Another one of my college roommates also had a decent number of shoes.

I have a decent collection myself. It's dangerous living just a few blocks away from Nike, Puma and Adidas stores. There's a Skechers store by me too, but I've never dug their shoes.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dig those kicks.

Is the kicks thing a relatively new fashion movement specific to younger males? One of my college roommates had a massive shoe collection. I think this was mainly because he went to a Catholic high school and footwear was the only clothing that wasn't enforced by uniform rules. Another one of my college roommates also had a decent number of shoes.

I have a decent collection myself. It's dangerous living just a few blocks away from Nike, Puma and Adidas stores. There's a Skechers store by me too, but I've never dug their shoes.
Check out this documentary 'Just for Kicks'

Jais

Trakanon Raider
"Kicks"? I thought sneakers was bad. Some of you are the guy who matches his shoes to his shirt and to his hat, aren't you?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
"Kicks"? I thought sneakers was bad. Some of you are the guy who matches his shoes to his shirt and to his hat, aren't you?
Does color coordination make you fear for your masculinity?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Apparently being a grown up involves being a sedentary fatass who never exercises.

Disclaimer: I wear Vans or other skate shoes for my casual footwear, but I'm also a middle aged white man so I use arch support inserts.
frown.png
I remember when I was 12.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The opposite, it reaffirms mine at the expense of those who have "outfits." Stay fresh with your yolo swag...or whatever.
It affects you enough that you need to call people out on it. There are certainly jimmies being rustled here. "Stay fresh with your yolo swag" made me laugh though, Mr. Clemens.

rrr_img_44911.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This thread is very interesting(and weird). I never knew so many people not only hated sneakers, but felt superior for not wearing them. This puts the things I'm snobby about into perspective.

Fadaar

That guy
I have maybe 6 or 7 pairs of shoes at a time, including dress shoes (that never get worn), sandals, and outdoor-type shoes that are also rarely worn. As far as sneakers? I think have 3 pairs right now. One I use for running and other exercises, one for general wear, and another that are beat to shit and I'm pretty sure I've had since like 2005.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm a white male. So I have two pairs of sneakers - the good pair, and the former good pair that is now allocated for lawn care use. I used to have three pair, but now I prefer the stationary bike to running.
basically this. Except I have three pair. A work pair. A good pair in case I can't find the work pair. Then the pair that acts as an incubator for mold in the bottom of the hall closet until I buy a new work pair and harvest my penicillin factory before throwing that pair out.

Yardwork is boot work. Now I've got about 5 pair of boots. Boots are the shit.