• $150k-$200k household

• $200k-$300k solo

• $200k-$300k household

• $300k+ solo

• $300k+ household

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What do you do? Business owner? Work? Is it a mix of income pls dividends, passive income?

It's all earned, hourly, no passive income. Between $190-$255 an hour, up to 312 hours a month, last year, or the year before, was I think around $720,000. This is my pay, not business income. It's a high number, but I work too much, and if I worked a more normal schedule I would make less. With my current work load I earn around $60,000 a month, and somehow I still feel poor. Effective federal tax rate is around 33%.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I live in Eastern WA so our $200k-$300k feels like more like $500k+ if we were living on the West Side or somewhere a little more metropolitan. I plan to move back to Vegas when the kids are grown but for now it is hard to beat living on a river with over an acre (an acre is not much but is a lot when you are in town). We have the best of both worlds feels like we live in the country with shopping 5 mins away and Costco about 10mins away.
You on the Snake? I'd love to live in Asotin, but I hate winters. If I make a big move again, it'll be to Texas or Mercury.

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'm still trying to decide whether I eventually want to own a home or will just be a perpetual renter. I'm kind of iffy on setting aside 50k over 5ish years in cash equivalents earning at best 2.5% for a down payment when that money (and the money sunk into a mortgage) could instead be invested and earning 6-7% YOY on average. True that eventually you can sell your home, but on average, I've read that average home prices historically have only just kept pace with inflation.

I'm also lazy as shit and generally don't like DIY repair.

think about it this way, someone's profiting off that decision of yours and it's not you.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Rent vs Buying is always a complicated as there are many variables to choose from. For me it depends a lot on having roots in one area, I have been considering buying my first home recently but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Vanessa Vanessa check this out.
Nein

Igs2UXh.gif

Idk if it's immature think or actually a noble virtue (perhaps both) but people's money holds 0 bearing on my interest in them at all.

Compare, say, a genuinely talented, driven artist with true skill, confidence, and dignity who put everything they have into their work but lacked certain avenues or connections to make their art worth a damn to the purchasing public and are therefore quite poor... to a miserable self-loathing Mist of a person who has money and could clearly buy me lots of things but lacks any type of focus, determination or purpose as a human being. It's pretty clear who I'd rather be with, to include both platonic and love interests in my life.

So yeah, that's how I view people with or without money in a nutshell. It gives you more options. It doesn't make you desirable though. The whole gold-digging whore thing is something I just can't relate to... what an empty, shallow life that must be.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Nein

View attachment 198235

Idk if it's immature think or actually a noble virtue (perhaps both) but people's money holds 0 bearing on my interest in them at all.

Compare, say, a genuinely talented, driven artist with true skill, confidence, and dignity who put everything they have into their work but lacked certain avenues or connections to make their art worth a damn to the purchasing public and are therefore quite poor... to a miserable self-loathing Mist of a person who has money and could clearly buy me lots of things but lacks any type of focus, determination or purpose as a human being. It's pretty clear who I'd rather be with, to include both platonic and love interests in my life.

So yeah, that's how I view people with or without money in a nutshell. It gives you more options. It doesn't make you desirable though. The whole gold-digging whore thing is something I just can't relate to... what an empty, shallow life that must be.
Proof of not being a real female

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Cleared 923k on investment income last year. ✊

About 330k of it was from investing in horses with a buddy in Kentucky... New to me but fuck you can make bank if you know the right people. One horse can go for 100k++++++ at auctions in Miami and around. Prob gonna give it another go again.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I work 10-15 hours a week and gross 120k. No benefits, almost entirely flexible. Next year will be more since I am now investing in constructing houses.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
110 solo. With 2 kids and a mother to take care of, that's VERY thin here in Massachusetts. I need a rich wife!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>

About 330k of it was from investing in horses with a buddy in Kentucky... New to me but fuck you can make bank if you know the right people. One horse can go for 100k++++++ at auctions in Miami and around. Prob gonna give it another go again.

So far yours is the first post in here about money that I don’t believe.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Can you post your P&L from your tax returns? Schedule C page 1? You can just screenshot the part 1.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
my gross pay per year is $40911.52

but in SoCal, thats slightly better than poor

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
my gross pay per year is $40911.52

but in SoCal, thats slightly better than poor

I remember that episode of Entourage, where they are looking for a house, and have like $1,000,000 to spend, and it's some dumpy bungalow somewhere. Why on earth do you stay there?? In my city, $1,000,000 will get you a fucking legit mansion on 5 acres in the nicest neighborhood.