• $200k-$300k solo

• $200k-$300k household

• $300k+ solo

• $300k+ household

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just because I didn’t believe Foler doesn’t mean I would expect him to list his tax returns. Truth be told nobody that is/was/ever considered being a jug crew should be trusted. This is fact.
Now that I won't disagree with you on.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Because dumbnut, I'm at a point where I have people who manage the majority of my portfolio (obviously not the horses..) and do my taxes. Wealth management 101 kid. When you reach the point where you can outsource stupid shit for little $ relative to ur income u do it.
Yacht is shit. Honestly I'm just about done with this roley, Only other roley I'd get is a Daytona, maybe. From now on prob Patek or nothing. AP Royal oak is cool, may check it out. My watch guy has been on a RM streak, getting some really interesting ones in. Cheapest I think I've seen is like $150kish.

Sorry, I'm calling you out too as a liar. I make just about what you claim, but I use TurboTax, and I manage all my investments on my own, because with a portfolio the size of people who earn a lot have, even a 1% assets under management fee is insulting. I agonize between a 0.2% difference (2.00 - 2.20) in a cash management / checking accounts which keeps their funds in a money market fund. I also call my SiriusXM/cable/internet providers and pretend to quit so I can get a discount, and I call around to shop auto and homeowners insurance. This much money isn't THAT much money, so we still have to save. I'm also laughing at your talk about buying $150,000 watches. People that make less than a million don't buy watches for $150,000. You can't afford them. I mean, sure, you could, in the same way you could afford a Lambhorghini, but you can't actually afford it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That looks like a shit watch.

Then again I would pay more than a couple hundred for a watch.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The every day beater. My vintage patek is still in Switzerland being serviced after 6 months since Henri stern takes fucking forever. Rest of my collection is in a safe elsewhere.

View attachment 198257

I actually have one of those around somewhere I bought on a stop over in the Philippines, I think I paid $40. A real Rollex the second hand actually stop EXACTLY on the marker all the way around the dial.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Sorry, I'm calling you out too as a liar. I make just about what you claim, but I use TurboTax, and I manage all my investments on my own, because with a portfolio the size of people who earn a lot have, even a 1% assets under management fee is insulting. I agonize between a 0.2% difference (2.00 - 2.20) in a cash management / checking accounts which keeps their funds in a money market fund.

Is it 1%? Worked with a girl whose husband was listed on Forbes as a top 20 investment banker guy, he managed a couple billion and I think was taking in 20m?

She got pregnant then never came back. Lol

Poor guy tho, she was average looking and pilled out of her mind all day

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Is it 1%? Worked with a girl whose husband was listed on Forbes as a top 20 investment banker guy, he managed a couple billion and I think was taking in 20m?

She got pregnant then never came back. Lol

Poor guy tho, she was average looking and pilled out of her mind all day

I mean for managing individuals investments. I met with a financial planner who was fee based, and his fee was 1% assets under management per year. So imagine you have $1,000,000, thats $10,000 per year. Over twenty years of saving, that's over $200,000 that you paid to someone for doing nothing more than you could have learned in a weekend on bogleheads.org, for free.

I don't know anything about the kind of investment banker that you're mentioning!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Cleared 923k on investment income last year. ✊

About 330k of it was from investing in horses with a buddy in Kentucky... New to me but fuck you can make bank if you know the right people. One horse can go for 100k++++++ at auctions in Miami and around. Prob gonna give it another go again.

Like everything else on this forum by foler, this is probably least believable

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
ththththth.jpg

I normally wouldn't dream of outing someone in PMs like this but considering the flow of this thread tonight... You earned this spot! (plus, the lulz demanded it)

This thread has potential for greatness; keep up the autism good work fellas.

• 8Worf
  • 3Salty
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 12 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 198263

I normally wouldn't dream of outing someone in PMs like this but considering the flow of this thread tonight... You earned this spot! (plus, the lulz demanded it)

This thread has potential for greatness; keep up the autism good work fellas.

Not the best move for an attention whore to nuke those who may fawn upon him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I mean for managing individuals investments. I met with a financial planner who was fee based, and his fee was 1% assets under management per year. So imagine you have $1,000,000, thats $10,000 per year. Over twenty years of saving, that's over $200,000 that you paid to someone for doing nothing more than you could have learned in a weekend on bogleheads.org, for free.

I don't know anything about the kind of investment banker that you're mentioning!

Yeah sorry CFP, my brain jumped a rail there.

Fucking found the guy.

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...ticle/Bauer-recognized-by-Forbes-12285019.php

God, well I misremembered. Been about a year and a half since I heard the story and it was in passing. Fucking hell my mind inflated that shit. So top 500 up and comers. Anyway, his wife was nice enough. Spacey.

The fake heart surgeon thing was at least a month ago. Maybe three.

He was cracking open chests and massaging hearts to life while giving a PhD lecture or some shit.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So in a related to this thread question, how many people hire out their taxes? How many do their taxes themselves? It seems the higher the income the more likely it is someone else does their taxes. I do my own, but send them to my lawyer to finalize them. Where does that put me on the scale?

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The fake heart surgeon thing was at least a month ago. Maybe three.

He was cracking open chests and massaging hearts to life while giving a PhD lecture or some shit.

Dude, that was 8 days ago tops. Just seems months by /pol thread page count. Adjust your max posts per page.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So in a related to this thread question, how many people hire out their taxes? How many do their taxes themselves? It seems the higher the income the more likely it is someone else does their taxes. I do my own, but send them to my lawyer to finalize them. Where does that put me on the scale?

With Cads wife.

No reason to hire out you're taxes unless you are doing flow through crap or have large volume.

There are exceptions, but most people that pay someone to do it are saving an afternoon