Hugh Jackman: Logan

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'll see it,

I know that some of the films have had weak moments, but Jackman is always really good in the role.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's always funny when people think movies should be 1:1 with the comic versions. A 5'3 wolverine? Really? That's how he started but he evolved into more than that. That was when he was literally supposed to be a high-evolutionary evolved wolverine or some shit.

As much as Danny Devito would've been great in lifts playing him 20 years ago...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
It's always funny when people think movies should be 1:1 with the comic versions. A 5'3 wolverine? Really? That's how he started but he evolved into more than that. That was when he was literally supposed to be a high-evolutionary evolved wolverine or some shit.

As much as Danny Devito would've been great in lifts playing him 20 years ago...

Yup, don't complain about Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine when Stringer Bell is playing the Gunslinger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

The original Marvel Comics characters were far more nuanced and compelling compared to what Sony watered them down to. Disney-Marvel stays a lot closer to the original templates of the Heroes, ( they take a lot of liberties with the villains) and the end product is light years better. Buying a proven property and fucking with it too much to 'translate it" leaves you with movies like World War Z and Abraham's Star Wars. They basically bought it for brand recognition movie title and never bothered using the actual IP.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Yep. As much as Danny Devito would've been great in lifts playing him 20 years ago...
Things that work in the comics don't work in movies. Plus, the X-Men movies have repeatedly (at least until first class) been pushing Wolverine as the protagonist. Your leading man in an action movie should not be a fucking midget. Jackman really is the best part of these movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
It seems nuts that this comes out in March 2017 and they seem to just be getting to the meat of filming, yet Star Wars 8 wrapped principle shoots 2 months ago and doesn't come out until December 2017. I'm sure there is tons more post stuff done for SW, but that's a huge time difference on work between the two films. Of course I don't know shit about most of the movie making process, just seemed like a giant discrepancy

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It seems nuts that this comes out in March 2017 and they seem to just be getting to the meat of filming, yet Star Wars 8 wrapped principle shoots 2 months ago and doesn't come out until December 2017. I'm sure there is tons more post stuff done for SW, but that's a huge time difference on work between the two films. Of course I don't know shit about most of the movie making process, just seemed like a giant discrepancy
Yea, don't they need like months to digitally add in claws? liked when that sfx-less version of Wolverine leaked, had no sfx.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Deadpool was okay. There was a lot of forced humor which got a bit cringey at times.

Pretty much this. I expected as much from the trailers, too. Still overall wasn't disappointed with the 5.99 or whatever it was to get on-demand but I definitely wouldn't call the movie "great" in any sense of the word.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Cash's Hurt is totally cheating. Trailer will be better than the movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users