If you could make any one law legal.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Authors must, after the publishing of the first book in a long fantasy epic, dedicate at least 40 hours a week to the continuation of the series, with each installment to be released no more than 3 years after the last, until all storylines and subplots have been brought to an adequate conclusion.

Failure to do so will result in being locked within a jail cell with a type writer, where food is rewarded to the author correlating to his daily productivity (no pages, no food), until the series is complete.
Fuck that noise, inspiration comes when it will. I'm willing to wait for quality and the shit not be rushed.

My only caveat to this is if you said the book is gonna be a 7 part series, and then you get bed ridden close to death after book 6, you dictate an outline to someone all of your readers agree can replicate you, and they bust out the final book.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
College Degree required before you are allowed to have children. That's my pick.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would make a law that IF ANY politician took any kind of bribe, kickback, gift ect they would be punished by death. Fucking sick of their "do as I say not as I do" shit.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Martin would just give an outline that says "everyone dies. It was all a dream." or some other troll.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
My law: If you have more than 2 children, you forever forfeit any and all forms of social government assistance. So have as many babies as you want, just don't expect to have the public help you in any way. Be responsible. Swallow.

1297207367-the_more_you_know2.jpg

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
College Degree required before you are allowed to have children. That's my pick.
Yes, because putting up with a bunch of bullshit theory for 4-5 years is a good indicator of your parenting skills.

Thumbs down.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Yes, because putting up with a bunch of bullshit theory for 4-5 years is a good indicator of your parenting skills.

Thumbs down.
It tends to put you in a better financial position, gives you a bit more time to mature and does help weed out the dumb fucks. It would also help keep the trailer trash from breeding which would reduce strain on social programs. I only see a win/win here.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Outlaw all guns and abortions and capital punishment with one all inclusive law.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Remove tax exempt status from religious groups.
Best one so far.

Also, eliminate income tax completely and just go with a flat sales tax.

You want to buy a bunch of shit? You get taxed out the ass. You want to save/invest your money? Tax free growth. Might hurt the economy a bit initially, but as the wealth of the middle class grows over time, it would only help the long-term prospects of the USofA

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You want to buy a bunch of shit? You get taxed out the ass. You want to save/invest your money? Tax free growth. Might hurt the economy a bit initially, but as the wealth of the middle class grows over time, it would only help the long-term prospects of the USofA
So you support completely eliminating capital gains taxes?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It tends to put you in a better financial position, gives you a bit more time to mature and does help weed out the dumb fucks. It would also help keep the trailer trash from breeding which would reduce strain on social programs. I only see a win/win here.
Most of the trailer trash probably don't even finish high school. I'd start there. While it's true that having a diploma or degree may eventually put you in a better financial position, a lot of people take a very long time to dig themselves out of student debt, so it's not always that black and white.

Even though I don't personally have a diploma/degree and am doing well regardless, I almost find myself wanting to agree with you anyway... if it weren't for the fact that I'm about to become a father in a couple months. It's all about the choices we make and how we pursue a goal. Degree or not, you can get places in life if you give a shit. Not finishing high school, though? That makes me wonder about a person.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Complete legal immunity for direct relations to retaliate in any way they deem just against someone convicted of molesting a child of that family. Normal law still applies where the family decides to do nothing.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Illegal to discuss religion in a public place, feel free to believe whatever you want and talk about it all you want in your house or place of worship, but don't bombard everyone else with whatever bullshit you choose to buy. This would hopefully remove the whole "we should make this law because the book I read says so" or westboro. Also agree with Sterling remove all religious exemptions.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There should be a law about men pretending to be women on the internet.