If you could make any one law legal.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
College Degree required before you are allowed to have children. That's my pick.
On the right track, but I wouldn't use a college degree as a barometer, most degrees are worthless. We don't need unemployed/barely employable Art History grads pumping out kids, not until they get themselves financially stable.

I would only allow people to have children once they make enough money to be above the poverty line. Say something like $30k a year. $50k a year (combined family income) before you are allowed to have your second child.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
i think your knees would like to have a word with you next time you head to the fridge.
My knees are just fine, I play tennis twice a week and work out regularly...I just eat like one big meal an day and have shitty metabolism because of it.

Keep tryin though.
smile.png

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Remove women's right to vote. Solve a lot of this welfare shit in a couple years on it's own like that.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Make patents not restrict independently-developed technology when proof is presented
Massively change patent law so the merry-go-round of patent lawsuits stop and the design of a god damn plate in a weight room cannot be patented

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I would legislate that anyone who undergoes a male-to-female sex change must become an active forum poster on rerolled.org

Actually I should make up a law that would actually change something. Ok, new law: anyone paying taxes towards welfare is entitled to sex with women collecting welfare for kids born due to promiscuous behavior.
You mean i'd be entitled to sleep with a fat ugly used up cumdumpster? My day just got a whole lot better.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Since first-pass-the-post law was already listed I'd say ensure that 1% of the total US Federal budget goes to getting us off the planet.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Yoga pants must be worn at all times by hot chicks. Not hot chicks may either stay home or bang every guy but me to keep them occupied.

Semi-seriously though -
(1) legalize weed, shrooms and other things that like, God totally made - just like bananas.
(2) legalize suicide - though if you make a mess by jumping off a building it should still be considered littering.
(3) legalize prostitution (but not pimping or street pandering) - what goes on behind closed doors is none of my business, unless I am paying in which case, fishnet stockings must be required work attire.
(4) legalize steroids in sports - it is far more exciting to see superhuman endeavours than just some dudes running around. I don't care if they die at 30 with shrivelled ballsacks to make it, so long as they are aware of the risks - see (2).

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Fuck that. I write in a small, amateur way myself, so I know to some extent how hard it can be to find inspiration and keep up a steady pace, but people pay for books in a series under the assumption that said series will eventually be finished, especially in an epic with long, entangled plotlines and no clear closure at the end of each book. They derive a large part of their value from being part of a greater whole, and starting the series, we judge their quality on their status as part of that greater whole. If any one of the books in ASOIAF were released by itself in a vacuum, everyone would say it sucked because it offers no opening/closure, no matter the quality of the actual writing. Making shitloads of money off a series, then just not bothering to finish it, is abusing the trust of the fans who supported you by buying all your books and telling other people to buy them too.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Since first-pass-the-post law was already listed I'd say ensure that 1% of the total US Federal budget goes to getting us off the planet.
Yea, either this or rape. I can't decide. Perhaps on planet Agraza rape will be legal? Best of both worlds.

splok_sl

shitlord
This doesn't actually work. If you put them in a job that there is demand for, you've just created another welfare case. (They took the job someone else was getting paid for.) The alternative is to assign them to a job for which there is no demand (Digging holes and filling them, rolling a rock up and down a hill, etc.) but that's just pointless cruelty.
Your alternative is shitty. Assuming you have practically free labor (since the payments are getting paid, work or not, they're a sunk cost), there are lots of jobs could be useful to society that don't currently exist because the value they produce is worth less than minimum wage.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
1. Pass a constitutional amendment that says you cannot make any law protecting an individual from themselves. All current laws intended to do so are now abolished. Laws that deal with people causing direct harm to others are unaffected.

2. Anyone who is the recipient of government assistance of any type has their right to vote suspended for the duration of that assistance. In this way, welfare recipients can't just vote themselves more welfare, as they do now.

I support Tuco's get-us-the-hell-off-here law, and would further expand it to begin immediate work on terraforming. Faster than light travel looks like a pipe dream, so lets get to making nearer worlds habitable for us.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
1. Pass a constitutional amendment that says you cannot make any law protecting an individual from themselves. All current laws intended to do so are now abolished. Laws that deal with people causing direct harm to others are unaffected.

2. Anyone who is the recipient of government assistance of any type has their right to vote suspended for the duration of that assistance. In this way, welfare recipients can't just vote themselves more welfare, as they do now.

I support Tuco's get-us-the-hell-off-here law, and would further expand it to begin immediate work on terraforming. Faster than light travel looks like a pipe dream, so lets get to making nearer worlds habitable for us.
Number 2 is good. I like that. I hate welfare.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Prospective welfare recipients should be asked, using a polygraph, if they believe they'reentitledto welfare. If they answer yes (or lie while answering no), they shouldn't get anything. Period.

us820

Silver Squire
QUOTE=Vardisk;106446]I'm assuming you mean you want the second amendment re-written to actually say that everyone can have guns, rather than right now where it says no such thing.[/QUOTE]No.I mean that a guy that has no felonies or mental problems has the right to carry a firearm.I live in IL where it is illegal.The courts have ruled that what IL is doing to us is illegal.They will still fuck us.The law is only followed by Democrats when in their favor.The Madigan political dynasty has already said they will "just make other laws and make them take us to court again".Cunts.