Immortals Fenyx Rising

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’m about 4-5 hours in. It’s much closer to Breath of the Wild than Genshin Impact. The combat isn’t amazing but it’s slightly better than average. Movement controls feel off sometimes but I can’t quite put my finger on it. If you know you’ll like it I’d say it’s worth the $60 now. I would definitely recommend you pick it up when it goes on sale though. It’s a solid game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m about 4-5 hours in. It’s much closer to Breath of the Wild than Genshin Impact. The combat isn’t amazing but it’s slightly better than average. Movement controls feel off sometimes but I can’t quite put my finger on it. If you know you’ll like it I’d say it’s worth the $60 now. I would definitely recommend you pick it up when it goes on sale though. It’s a solid game.
Watching some streams, and yea, movement looks kinda odd. Especially the dodging. Its like the character is being pulled, rather moving itself, if that makes sense.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So far the characters seem to all have Greek accents. That’s a nice touch.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Game way more stable now that I updated drivers no crash last night (derp)

it’s really interesting playing this at the same time as AC, you can really feel the gameplay similarities of the shared engine. You get most of the AC skills in the first hour lol.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Game way more stable now that I updated drivers no crash last night (derp)

it’s really interesting playing this at the same time as AC, you can really feel the gameplay similarities of the shared engine. You get most of the AC skills in the first hour lol.
On PS4 I had one crash within the first 30 minutes (the first Hermès/traversal challenge) when I reached into the rift to get Charon coins. Fortunately there haven’t been any hiccups since then. I think I’ve got about 6-7 hours played now.

I remember reading someone saying this is 20 hours long. That must be on an easier difficulty and only following the main story path. I’m still in the first post-prologue area running around and collecting upgrade mats and chests. Unless the other areas are all half as dense, it’s looking like completionists can expect at least 50 hours.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got this on a whim, been ages since I got a game impromptu without knowing anything about it (think the last time was Bloodborne in 2015).

About to give it a whirl. I've still got Ghost, Yakuza, and Valhalla to finish (i.e. I'm maybe 20% of the way through each of them at best) and was gonna continue with those, but since this game is shorter I might do this first. And then Cyberpunk is in a week... yeah, this is the backloggiest space of game releases in a while. I probably won't finish my Nov/Dec games until like March. Doesn't help that Demon's Souls ate up like 80 hours the past month.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On PS4 I had one crash within the first 30 minutes (the first Hermès/traversal challenge) when I reached into the rift to get Charon coins. Fortunately there haven’t been any hiccups since then. I think I’ve got about 6-7 hours played now.
I crashed at that exact spot too. Worked fine when I had time to get back into it (via GeForce Now at that point) and haven't seen any other weirdness either.

Crone

I crashed at that exact spot too. Worked fine when I had time to get back into it (via GeForce Now at that point) and haven't seen any other weirdness either.
I'm curious your use case that you switch to GFN, instead of just continuing on your PC? You have a shitty laptop you use in bed or something on GFN?

Vorph

I'm curious your use case that you switch to GFN, instead of just continuing on your PC? You have a shitty laptop you use in bed or something on GFN?
I have a non-gaming laptop that I use when not at home. I'd rather use Rainway since it can stream anything I have installed, including Game Pass and GOG stuff that'll never make it to GFN or Luna, but their server app has been crashing way too much lately to rely on it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
lmfao, those Zeus credits are amazing. This is a surprising hit, wish more games were this light and fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

BTW for people playing the Ubi+ version they added the Gold Edition rewards finally. Can claim/DL them by going to Store and then the Owned section.

Sucks that they're still excluding pre-order DLC from the Ubi+, but just like with Valhalla and every other game I've played via sub, there's no way to get the "A Tale of Fire and Lightning" quest.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You’ve got your copy. Now make a video.

Vorph

This probably doesn't apply to many people here, but word of warning anyway: don't play this game on Amazon Luna unless it's your only platform. Amazon somehow got ahold of the 1.03 patch before everyone else and applied it to their servers, so if you play on Luna and then load the cloud save to PC (even through GeForce Now) you get a version mismatch error and won't be able to continue until the next patch is officially out. Not sure whether Xbox/PS are on 1.02 or 1.03, but the Switch is still 1.02 so I assume all consoles are.

Worst part of Luna fucking up my savegame til Ubi patches the other platforms is that it's shit. Amazon's servers use two year old Nvidia Telsa T4's while the best on GeForce Now is a RTX T10-8.

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I played pretty much all day today. Combat has grown on me as I’ve gotten more skills and abilities unlocked. On hard difficulty, I’m not quite a paper tiger, but I’m far from tanky.

Max damage perk on potions, and using charged Hephaestus hammer perk, and 25% bonus damage chest piece has me 2-3 shotting mid-tier (white brackets around their hp bar) lieutenants lol.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The default female character's face looks a lot like Dani Daniels. Not the best example of this, but it's the best shot I could get with the PS5's screenshot lag:

20201206_074711.jpg

ELF2o9aXsAEvsKI.jpg

It's actually pretty noticeable during cutscenes to the point that I think it was on purpose. Ubisoft, you scamps!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just encountered my first game breaking bug, but fortunately a quick save and reload fixed it.

The interactable switches weren’t loading in to Ajax’s fortress (to turn on the mechanisms). I was getting frustrated because I’ve been avoiding looking stuff up but after twenty minutes of wandering around I caved.

My save file says I’ve been playing for 29 hours now, but if the counter still runs while paused, at least a few hours are from afk on the pause screen. I’ve maxxed out my sword, damage tree on damage potion, and 4/6 on both armor types.

I’ve been abusing the Phosphor that lets you stay cloaked if you get a kill with a stealth attack. The humanoid guys all die in one hit when I stealth attack with a damage potion. With full sword upgrade the smaller enemies die in one stealth attack even without the stealth potion. It makes clearing packs pretty simple, though they’d die in one charged hammer smash anyway. I’m a sucker for stealth 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've got four hours played now and it feels like I'm pretty far along. I've unlocked all of the available fast travel points and done a few quests. Not sure what quests are "main quest" versus "side quest" since they all seem to have the same icons. I'm just doing all of them so far. The game is pretty cool, shouldn't be hard to get it done before Cyberpunk. I love the flight mechanics and they single-handedly make this more fun than Valhalla. My only complaint is that there isn't enough armor/upgrades to mess around with. They fixed Odyssey's biggest annoyance, the loot-inundation, but went too far in the other direction IMO.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've got four hours played now and it feels like I'm pretty far along. I've unlocked all of the available fast travel points and done a few quests. Not sure what quests are "main quest" versus "side quest" since they all seem to have the same icons. I'm just doing all of them so far. The game is pretty cool, shouldn't be hard to get it done before Cyberpunk. I love the flight mechanics and they single-handedly make this more fun than Valhalla. My only complaint is that there isn't enough armor/upgrades to mess around with. They fixed Odyssey's biggest annoyance, the loot-inundation, but went too far in the other direction IMO.
There’s at least a dozen different “sets” with bonuses specific to play style. There aren’t traditional RPG stats like STR, INT, etc, but the armor isn’t lacking in variety.

Edit: Just giving you a heads up. I didn’t mean to come off as being cunty about it. For example there’s armor that boosts sword/axe/bow damage, decrease stamina usage, increase mat harvesting, etc. weapons that deal more damage at full health, full stam, bonus to certain skills, etc. Phosphor has unique skills and interactions as well - freeze, knock back, chain stealth kills.

If you’re just hitting the quest icons you’re missing the variety because you find these from chests and vaults.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There’s at least a dozen different “sets” with bonuses specific to play style. There aren’t traditional RPG stats like STR, INT, etc, but the armor isn’t lacking in variety.

Edit: Just giving you a heads up. I didn’t mean to come off as being cunty about it. For example there’s armor that boosts sword/axe/bow damage, decrease stamina usage, increase mat harvesting, etc. weapons that deal more damage at full health, full stam, bonus to certain skills, etc. Phosphor has unique skills and interactions as well - freeze, knock back, chain stealth kills.

If you’re just hitting the quest icons you’re missing the variety because you find these from chests and vaults.

Yeah, I never played Breath of the Wild so this style of game (tons of optional shrines) is unfamiliar. I'm usually more of a "plow the main quest" guy with open world. It's cool that it has so much variety. Since I'm playing as Dani Daniels, new equipment also has the bonus of Fashionquest for me. That said I haven't seen anything particularly "sexy" yet unfortunately and all of the armor seems pretty androgynous outside of the starting look.

If this game wasn't released during a mad rush of new games, I think I (and a lot of others) would be more willing to spend more time on it, do everything, etc. It seems good enough for that. It's too bad it didn't get released during the January doldrums instead.