Immortals Fenyx Rising

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I never played Breath of the Wild so this style of game (tons of optional shrines) is unfamiliar. I'm usually more of a "plow the main quest" guy with open world. It's cool that it has so much variety. Since I'm playing as Dani Daniels, new equipment also has the bonus of Fashionquest for me. That said I haven't seen anything particularly "sexy" yet unfortunately and all of the armor seems pretty androgynous outside of the starting look.

If this game wasn't released during a mad rush of new games, I think I (and a lot of others) would be more willing to spend more time on it, do everything, etc. It seems good enough for that. It's too bad it didn't get released during the January doldrums instead.
There’s at least one set that shows some skin but I haven’t seen any bikini armor (and from the dialogue I doubt it exists lol). This is the first game I’ve played where they have successfully threaded the needle of injecting woke tropes without bashing us over the head with them. It’s also nice to see that game devs remember how to write a female protagonist that has flaws and character development as a plot arch.

Overall this is shaping up to be a real gem. I went into it with modestly low expectations as a BotW clone, but I’d say it’s generally as good as BotW with some elements that are subjectively improved (gear, encounter variety, and open world activity density, to name a few).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Don't understand how this is supposed to be a 20-25 hour game when I am nearly 8 hours in and still only done around half of the first area after the tutorial island. Guess maybe if you rush the main quest? On hard though I still nearly get oneshot by simple bears.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Don't understand how this is supposed to be a 20-25 hour game when I am nearly 8 hours in and still only done around half of the first area after the tutorial island. Guess maybe if you rush the main quest? On hard though I still nearly get oneshot by simple bears.
Yeah I’d say 20-25 hours on lower difficulty and doing only bare minimum to complete the god quests. I appreciate that not everyone is a conpletionist, but it’s hard for me to imagine people ignoring all the activities in this game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There’s at least one set that shows some skin but I haven’t seen any bikini armor (and from the dialogue I doubt it exists lol). This is the first game I’ve played where they have successfully threaded the needle of injecting woke tropes without bashing us over the head with them. It’s also nice to see that game devs remember how to write a female protagonist that has flaws and character development as a plot arch.

Overall this is shaping up to be a real gem. I went into it with modestly low expectations as a BotW clone, but I’d say it’s generally as good as BotW with some elements that are subjectively improved (gear, encounter variety, and open world activity density, to name a few).

Don't know if this is the case or not but going off of the dialogue so far I wouldn't be surprised if the character development is the same across both genders (aka it was written for the guy and carried over to the girl, explaining why her character development is so good). Yeah, I'm also shocked to see a female character actually written decently well. The woke tropes are barely noticeable aside from the complete lack of sexualization of the characters (aside from their not wearing pants). All in all I have to say this one is really well-done and worth checking out for the people who are on the fence about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I’d say 20-25 hours on lower difficulty and doing only bare minimum to complete the god quests. I appreciate that not everyone is a conpletionist, but it’s hard for me to imagine people ignoring all the activities in this game.

I'm about 8 hours in now and as a wild guess from the numbers I'm seeing I'm probably on track to be in the 25 hour range by the end. I'd definitely slow down and do more with it if we weren't 3 days away from Cyberpunk, but so it goes. As I get closer to the end I'll probably slow it down and do more and more side activities. Whenever possible I like games where you can leave most of the side-activities for later on when you're powered-up, and then they kinda function as a way to delay the end until you're actually ready to move on.

The most enjoyable part so far is absolutely the crackin' dialogue. The game is probably the funniest I've played since Conker's Bad Fur Day.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

2020127154855.jpg

Fucker

Log Wizard
Game is a total blast. I haven't heard about it until I read this thread today. It's rare that I put in 1.5 hours much less the 5.5 I put in today. :emoji_bacon:

2020127174725.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

What's that outfit called? Especially the top, I want one post-haste.

I'm having way too much fun with this game, but I ran into a glitch at the part where you "return Odysseus' ship". I go to the two statues and they both already have a ship in front of them (only one is supposed to). Hopefully this fixes itself whenever I go back to that quest and the game isn't bricked.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

I'm having way too much fun with this game, but I ran into a glitch at the part where you "return Odysseus' ship". I go to the two statues and they both already have a ship in front of them (only one is supposed to). Hopefully this fixes itself whenever I go back to that quest and the game isn't bricked.
Wrong statues. Yours is across the river and up the small cliff. I just did that one this evening.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Hubris of the one eyed giant. It is on the starting island.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I platinumed the game tonight on PS4. Really enjoyed it. It’s not perfect, but it’s above average. The schtick of Prometheus narrating and Zues providing comedic relief grew on me as I played through the story. The ending was enjoyable and a nice complete story. No cliffhangers or sowing seeds for a sequel.

Overall 8.5/10

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is incredibly good for Ubisoft. I am amazed. It is not a 9 out of 10 but it is far and away the best thing Ubi has been involved with in quite a bit.

I am both sad and happy I waited to play this after I finished Valhalla and Watchdogs and didn't jump in day one. I would not have ever gone back to finish those at all. I enjoyed both games out the gate but it turned into OCD reasons for completion by halfway or earlier on both. Fenyx is fun and miles better than either of those games.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Damn this flew way under the radar. Love the idea and look and I generally enjoy Ubisoft games despite their (well deserved) reputation.

everytime Ubisoft goes in a new direction they seem to actually do very well. For Honor, Origins/Odyssey, Wildlands, etc...I wasn’t expecting a game like this from them at all though. Definitely going to pick this up after watching some videos. I’m all about the light and relaxing vibe coming from it, too.

Fucker

Log Wizard
This game is incredibly good for Ubisoft. I am amazed. It is not a 9 out of 10 but it is far and away the best thing Ubi has been involved with in quite a bit.

I am both sad and happy I waited to play this after I finished Valhalla and Watchdogs and didn't jump in day one. I would not have ever gone back to finish those at all. I enjoyed both games out the gate but it turned into OCD reasons for completion by halfway or earlier on both. Fenyx is fun and miles better than either of those games.

It starts out really fun but falls off a cliff at about 10 hours. They had a few cool ideas but they wear themselves out pretty quickly because everything is locked behind jumping puzzles that get massively tedious after only a few tries. I got a month of Ubi+ at $15 and the game is barely worth that. Cool idea, but ultimately a dog shit implementation. So...typical for Ubisoft.

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Agree with other sentiments that this is definitely above average. The gameplay loop is solid, combat is simple but feels good, story is palatable, decent writing/voice acting, with lots of puzzles and what not to figure out. Nothing overly complicated/complex, just fun.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
It starts out really fun but falls off a cliff at about 10 hours. They had a few cool ideas but they wear themselves out pretty quickly because everything is locked behind jumping puzzles that get massively tedious after only a few tries. I got a month of Ubi+ at $15 and the game is barely worth that. Cool idea, but ultimately a dog shit implementation. So...typical for Ubisoft.
I can see that actually. This is still my first month on Ubi+ so I ended up getting my moneys worth I think between this and Legion and Valhalla. No chance I keep the sub.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
My jimmies are rustled since I paid $60 but whatever. Game is definitely underrated. I can't compare to BotW, but the dungeons and puzzles are far more clever and engaging than Genshin, there's 0 P2W nonsense attached, and I appreciate the non-serious approach. This was going to be a pallete cleanser in between marathon Cyberpunk binges, but right now this is a more of a main game than CP2077 that's sucked me in. I'm actually kind of stoked that they will continue supporting this with DLCs.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
31.75 right now through Ubi store with Welcome2021 code.

• 1Like