Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Not great, not bad. pretty much in line with the first one except there is an obvious cash grab set-up for the next few in this one. I'd say the first had a little bit more heart, and they just tried to copypasta that into this one without success.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
9KQX22BeFzuNM66pBA6JbiaJ7Mi.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Tagline: We had twenty years to prepare. So did they.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Roland Emmerich[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Liam Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Goldblum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Pullman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maika Monroe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sela Ward[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]William Fichtner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vivica A. Fox[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlotte Gainsbourg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brent Spiner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judd Hirsch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick St. Esprit[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joey King[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessie Usher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chin Han[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]AngelaBaby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Grace Huang[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryan Cartwright[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Garrett Wareing[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gbenga Akinnagbe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mckenna Grace[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ron Yuan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alice Rietveld[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nicolas Wright[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Travis Tope[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James A. Woods[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Loggia[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Deobia Oparei[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Travis Hammer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Storey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hays Wellford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Quinn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alma Sisneros[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diana Gaitirira[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Humberto Castro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Beal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joshua Mikel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Monique Candelaria[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Evan Bryn Graves[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stafford Douglas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Neary[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Beth Bailey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Grizelda Quintana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lance Lim[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brandon K. Hampton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Leu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ava Del Cielo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leilei Chen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catharine Pilafas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katrina Kavanaugh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason E. Hill[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-06-22[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]120[/RUNTIME]

Plot: We always knew they were coming back. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/RmZvqr53KyM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've tried watching this movie twice now and had to turn it off. I would rather watch BvS or any other terrible blockbuster this year over this movie. Not sure how people arent hating on this movie more

The concept is great but forcing the characters from the original the way they did was terrible

Kormus

Trakanon Raider
Probably the worst movie to come out this year - so far.
What the hell was Emmerich thinking?!

Prologue? Hit home with a sledgehammer to your cortex. The audience obviously consists of five year old glue sniffers.
Characters? As deep as a stamp. Illogical, irrational, shallow. Unlikable.
Special effects? Weta did the final scene. On drugs. On a NeXT. During lunch break. The rest of the special effects are even worse - they are not technically bad, but sloppy. Bird's eye spotlights on the part in the hair looks overwhelmingly natural. During sunset. In the desert.
Story? Watch a Lego remake of ID4. Try to relate to the "characters" (I only dare to use that word in the broadest sense). Or Earth. Or mankind. If you can you will enjoy this. But you probably cried during the straight-to-DVD-release of Arielle VII too.
Continuity? The above so called prologue sets the movie up for mothership sized plot, logic and character holes. Spiner's character (science nerd closet homo) took a 90° turn from ID4. Why stick with an established character? Let's rewrite it, everybody who saw part one won't remember.
Acting? Pullman and Goldblum cash in big on this without any effort showing. The rest of the cast is bland. They tried to grab a second rate Chris Pine/young-aspiring-actor-and-take-the-budget-version-of-that-person cast and ran with it.
Camera? Solid most of the film, rarely you ask yourself what's happening. Might be part of the pre schooler level complexity though. Angles are bad, man. Bad! ID4 gave you lots of hallmark shots that established the size of the attackers. ID:R does not give you any relations, the massiveness is mostly lost.

This movie has no blood, the editing is terrible, the script is lifeless. One thing that Emmerich always did was - entertain. Popcorn cinema as he calls it. This time it looks like Michael Bay tried to work ID4, Starship Troopers, Predator and Battleship into a single film.

By the way: Did they really ask Marvin to drop his body and play the Sphere?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was generic action movie stuff here. I didn't think it was horrible, but the old cast was the best thing about the movie.

spronk

FPS noob
it was weird how they kinda made Jeff Goldblum's character kind of an asshole. No mention at all of the chick (VP aide) he was dating in ID1. Then some random new chick implies he's creepy and weird. Then his dad says he only sees David once a year and not even that some years. Kind of the problem with the movie in general, the first one was full of semi-losers who banded together against all odds, the sequel was full of soul-less Hitler youth who made pretty poses on screen.

Still, the two highlights of the movie for me were the queen Alien chasing a school bus like a pedo and Himey McJewerstein saying in the most jewey voice "My Daaaaviiiid never mentioned a booyutiful woman in his life... oh voy, lets go have some bagels and schmear, you schikza!"

Ryanz

<Banned>
I said it on the other site and I'll say it again. This movie was the worst I've seen since Jurassic World. AND YES (to the neggers), JURASSIC WORLD WAS COMPLETE SHIT.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie is fucking awful, I was able to make it through Jurrasic World at least

• 1Like

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Only returning character I had an issue with was David's dad. Just a waste of screentime. With that said I wanted to like it but shit was boring.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
didn't go see it

considered getting the dvd in october for booms and Goldblums

don't see that happening either

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't know why anyone went in with huge exceptions, the first one even had its quirks and head turns at points. Plus its an Emmerich movie, go in thinking of explosions and non fleshed out characters.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This was not good.

I'd recommend just rewatching the original if you liked it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The CGI/special effects were great, but this movie still managed to be mediocre.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
So Will Smith should have signed up for this movie instead of Suicide Squad?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think jaden smith would not be the worst thing in this movie, if was in it.
What an horrible mess.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you want to see bill pullman acting like a drunk hobo, this movie is perfect.
Because the rest is unwatchable

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
It is like there is a list of movies with somi-clasic status and Hollywood types keep picking one every few months to milk the fans and ruin the movie in the process. There is also an inside bet who can make the worse remake/sequel and get away with it.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Getting drunk and watching this shit tonight. Better be as good as all of you say it is.