Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You would all be dead if not for my David!
So says Heebie Bagel Eaterburger.

EDIT: I didn't read this thread first. Nice to see there's another O&A fan here.
Do you have your tickets to the Patrice Memorial show in January?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
ERdzFro.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Original 96 Superbowl Trailer.

Pretty sure i was holding a KFC drumstick the entire time this was playing and almost choked on it when i saw the white house.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm not sure about this. It might surprise but part of the uhh 'charm' of the original was the scrappy problem solving and hokey Windows compatibility of an alien species. I can't think of a recent blockbuster-only sci-fi movie that didn't make it unwatchable by trying to be too smart.
It was an Apple, which made it even more hokey.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there was also an internet promotion going on for ID4. it was a screensaver of the whitehouse blowing up. i even got it to somehow work on my packard bell.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I... actually like that trailer.

I'm not expecting anything but a popcorn flick. Aliens come back bigger than ever and fight humans who've stolen some of their technology. Looks like that's what it'll be.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Oh crap, I'm just sitting here doing the math in my head.

So it really is 20 years . . . sigh . . . things that make you feel old

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its about time that a movie comes out showing how mankind would incorporate technology from an advanced alien civilization post war. If not for the expense of the special effects, this would make an excellent Net Flix show. This was one of the reasons I enjoyed Robotech as a teenager. I am looking forward to this movie and have no problem with the Colonel being killed off.

20 years....wow. I remember waaaay back when we used to go to movies and just enjoy them for that new fangled special effects thingie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I will be seeing this in the theater even if everyone here says it sucks monkey ass. I'm not gonna lie, I might have peed my pants a little hearing Pullman's speech again like that.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Looks like most of the original characters will be in this as well, even including the president's daughter and Hiller's step son who looked like he's a pilot as well.
I'm sure it'll be another fun ride.