Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm mostly curious how many cuts of a dog jumping out of the way of a massive explosion will be included so I can brace myself for the inevitable theater clapping, god I still have nightmares about the theater reaction to that of whooping and applause.

spronk

FPS noob
Looks like most of the original characters will be in this as well, even including the president's daughter and Hiller's step son who looked like he's a pilot as well.
I'm sure it'll be another fun ride.
i think its a different actress playing the presidents daughter. the original is mae whitman, who went on to play a lot of TV and movie characters including Anne (George Michaels Christian girlfriend) from Arrested Development and Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts. She apparently really wanted to be in ID2 but the producers hired someone else for the role

X9ZyE8m.jpg

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm mostly curious how many cuts of a dog jumping out of the way of a massive explosion will be included so I can brace myself for the inevitable theater clapping, god I still have nightmares about the theater reaction to that of whooping and applause.
Ahahah happened to me too.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm mostly curious how many cuts of a dog jumping out of the way of a massive explosion will be included so I can brace myself for the inevitable theater clapping,god I still have nightmaresabout the theater reaction to that of whooping and applause.
You've lived a charmed life.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
When I heard about this, I said I would only watch it if Bill Pullman got another awesome speech. Then I hear the trailer, fuckers.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
i think its a different actress playing the presidents daughter. the original is mae whitman, who went on to play a lot of TV and movie characters including Anne (George Michaels Christian girlfriend) from Arrested Development and Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts. She apparently really wanted to be in ID2 but the producers hired someone else for the role
Yeah different actor and actresses, just mean they have all the old roles returning cept for Hiller and Randy Quaids family probably.

Well they did not do the preview with the Beastie Boys singing in the back ground, so that helped.
Well now... I kinda have to do it lol.
No frame editing just straight song to trailer.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah different actor and actresses, just mean they have all the old roles returning cept for Hiller and Randy Quaids family probably.

Interestingly enough that makes me think it's more the trailer than the music. ID4.2 still looked better.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It started good with the trucks and then seemed off from that point. The preview had to many slow points for that to work. Thank you for the trouble though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Shit like that is why I prefer going to the movies on a monday/tuesday/wednesday late night when there are 3 other people in the theater with me (or none, saw a few back in the day where I was literally the only person in the theater). I'm not paying 20 bucks to listen to a bunch of people and deal with a bunch of retarded kids who think it's funny to be douchebags in the theater.

Also, like someone else said... the aliens in the first one were supposed to be the entire civilization, they kind of made a big deal out of it... now that it's sequel time that all goes out the window?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's the part people nitpick? That the aliens didn't bring their entire 10x larger fleet to conquer our backwater planet which was completely powerless against them with the exception of a Apple Powerbook? Maybe like locusts there actually are a swarm of them that spread throughout the Milky Way and once they lost contact with Purge Force Five they all topped off the tanks, rendezvoused at Vega, and then converged on the Sol system.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Shit like that is why I prefer going to the movies on a monday/tuesday/wednesday late night when there are 3 other people in the theater with me (or none, saw a few back in the day where I was literally the only person in the theater). I'm not paying 20 bucks to listen to a bunch of people and deal with a bunch of retarded kids who think it's funny to be douchebags in the theater.

Also, like someone else said... the aliens in the first one were supposed to be the entire civilization, they kind of made a big deal out of it... now that it's sequel time that all goes out the window?
All I remember them saying was that their species moves from planet to planet. No reason they couldn't be harvesting multiple planets at the same time and Earth was just 1 of many.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah its hardly evidenc e that the entire species attacked earth. more like a fleet of a much larger force branched out and worked on earth. even the insect aliens in starship troopers had a home planet.