Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

My Dayvid... you'd all be dead if it wasn't for my Dayvid!

I cannot wait for this movie.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not sure why i cannot get interest in this. I liked the original but never thought much for seeing a sequel.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's just no way it'll be as good as the original.

I've seen the original like, at least 20 times. Probably more.

While corny in parts, the original was a really well put together movie as far as the overall arc of the plot.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

They basically say that Independence Day is the Watchmen of Movies. Just like comics got darker, sadder, less fun since Watchmen. Independence Day caused the rise of the idiot blockbuster.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They basically say that Independence Day is the Watchmen of Movies. Just like comics got darker, sadder, less fun since Watchmen. Independence Day caused the rise of the idiot blockbuster.
Jurassic Park? Not an idiot movie at all but that only came out a few years earlier and was absolutely a summer blockbuster.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Idiot blockbuster are fun once in a while, not every movie needs to be Oscars worthy.

Some times all I want to switch my brain to off and watch some shit blows up.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, JP wasn't an idiot blockbuster. It was a blockbuster, but each scene made sense from most standpoints as it progressed through them. ID, however, has some jarring "lawllogic" moments throughout, and they usually occur directly as plotpoints.

ID4 was way more indicative of "summer action movie" than JP was. JP just happened to be a huge f'n movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've already got my IMAX tickets for Thursday night, so blonde hair don't care. It will be fun and shit will get blown up. Hopefully the eye-rolling is kept to a minimum though.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Liked it as much as the first one when I saw it in 1996. Nothing amazing, nothing too stupid. Only one WTF timing thing, but other than that I liked it.

Will watch a lot once it hits cable. Was fun and worth seeing in the theater.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought there was a lot of stupid, but it met my expectations as a brainless summer FX movie.

I would have regretted not seeing that huge ship in 3D IMAX. Thought the 3D was decent.

I'm not sure how I feel about this being the first of a trilogy of movies.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I thought it was another stand alone movie like the first one. Now more of what happened makes sense I guess.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I haven't seen the movie yet, but from the trailers the ship looks like its half the size of the northern hemisphere. How could it possibly be a trilogy? The ship in the next one would have to be as big as the planet. Or do we get to invade the aliens?