Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am boycotting this because Shia LeBeouf isn't in it.

850ff03095c99048708074cb1b3a3615.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If it's not good enough for Spielberg (a hack according to FOH) why would it be good enough for anyone?

If Spielberg didn't like the script, I don't see any reason the script will be anything remotely palatable.

If a hack says no to a hackjob its a red flag.

spronk

FPS noob
i heard a guy at microcenter did a con job on him when he went to buy a new PC and he was so sad he decided to retire

i read it on cosmicbooknews so its gotta be true

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
i heard a guy at microcenter did a con job on him when he went to buy a new PC and he was so sad he decided to retire

i read it on cosmicbooknews so its gotta be true

There isnt anything that has been 'leaked' or shared in this thread that would surprise me 1 bit. Like zero surprise.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If it's not good enough for Spielberg (a hack according to FOH) why would it be good enough for anyone?

If Spielberg didn't like the script, I don't see any reason the script will be anything remotely palatable.

If a hack says no to a hackjob its a red flag.
he wasnt always a hack, just in the last 20 years. so that still gives him 30 years of originality.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he wasnt always a hack, just in the last 20 years. so that still gives him 30 years of originality.

Point being there is a non-rumor source on the record (the guy who actually wrote Indy 5) saying he couldn't get the script right for Spielberg, Lucas Film, and Harrison Ford. Bringing all 3 together was difficult.

Then that writer was fired and removed from the project after Spielberg pulled out.

Spielberg was forced off the project by this writer, and then the writer himself was quietly replaced. I take that to mean there was no blowup with Spielberg, but that Lucas Film should have done what Spielberg said when he said it, and his time is not to be wasted.

The fact Spielberg didn't rejoin the project after the writing change, makes a statement-- but I am not sure what it says really other than Spielberg means business and doesn't dally around.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Point being there is a non-rumor source on the record (the guy who actually wrote Indy 5) saying he couldn't get the script right for Spielberg, Lucas Film, and Harrison Ford. Bringing all 3 together was difficult.

Then that writer was fired and removed from the project after Spielberg pulled out.

Spielberg was forced off the project by this writer, and then the writer himself was quietly replaced. I take that to mean there was no blowup with Spielberg, but that Lucas Film should have done what Spielberg said when he said it, and his time is not to be wasted.

The fact Spielberg didn't rejoin the project after the writing change, makes a statement-- but I am not sure what it says really other than Spielberg means business and doesn't dally around.
even with Speilberg, a good writer and story, Ford is not up to the task. Stallone, god bless him is too fucking old to keep making these action movies at 75 and he just finished expendables 4. Ford is good enough for a cameo, but they shouldnt literally drag him through the mud for some pathetic cash grabs like this.
49176341-10092955-image-a-42_1634229677348.jpg

its degrading and pathetic. i dont want to see this kind of movie.

• 1Picard

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
even with Speilberg, a good writer and story, Ford is not up to the task. Stallone, god bless him is too fucking old to keep making these action movies at 75 and he just finished expendables 4. Ford is good enough for a cameo, but they shouldnt literally drag him through the mud for some pathetic cash grabs like this.

Halp, he's fallin and can't git up

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

I think he's mostly dragging himself. That dude had a massive divorce back in the day when he was considered one of the richest actors in Hollywood. He got fucked good for $118 million.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think he's mostly dragging himself. That dude had a massive divorce back in the day when he was considered one of the richest actors in Hollywood. He got fucked good for $118 million.
no, its defintely them doing this to him. you cant order a major studio like Disney to degrade you at 80 years old on a daily basis. we only do that in politics.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

No one forced Ford to do this movie, you weirdo.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ford is big on payouts.

He had a convenient arrangement with TFA. They cashed him out already.

Agents can negotiate similar pay based on precedent with a studio.

He knows Lucas Film is a lick. And its always been all about the money with Ford.

He's a piece of shit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Which he signed of his own free will. It's clear for a long time now Ford doesn't give a shit. If you pay him 50 million he'll probably eat shit on camera.
they sign contracts to make the movie. not sure if he knew what that entailed. when he did force awakens, they had him walk onto a greenscreen studio for a few hours a day. this isnt the same thing.