Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
We live on different ends of a spectrum. I have asked my mother where she wanted to go on mother's day. Literally, anywhere she could want to eat at. Her answer?

View attachment 481481
My mom is a solid progressive, unfortunately. Her Mother’s Day meal was chicken liver mousse with a pistachio fig sauce and hand crafted crackers made with some ancient grain, along with some gay ass herb risotto. That place was so hipster it was painful, and she was on her best behavior because she only yelled at the waitress once.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My mom is a solid progressive, unfortunately. Her Mother’s Day meal was chicken liver mousse with a pistachio fig sauce and hand crafted crackers made with some ancient grain, along with some gay ass herb risotto. That place was so hipster it was painful, and she was on her best behavior because she only yelled at the waitress once.
As opposed to my mother who seems to have her one rating scale being "How good are their chicken and dumplings"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i treated my mom to brazil bbq chicken dinner. took 90 minutes to get the order. was fucking awesome.
bbq.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You know a movie is shit when the thread gets derailed by an Applebee's discussion and no one gives a fuck.

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
  • 4Great Review
Reactions: 15 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You know a movie is shit when the thread gets derailed by an Applebee's discussion and no one gives a fuck.
i rather eat at Applebees and get drunk on Blue Moon pisswater than have to watch Indy5 and the Dud of Disney. not even sure why we have any Applebees in this state. NJ is known for its 50s retro diners and we have these crappy fake diners shitting everything up. although i did like Outback for its blooming onion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought this one was ok - not amazing, but it was very Indiana Jones all through for good and for bad. If it came out a few years after Temple of Doom, people wouldn't have batted an eye.

It did showcase that the zombie apocalypse is coming, and it's not going to be walking monsters, it's going to be dead actors. Ford's shambling CGI corpse was pretty convincing, give it a few more years and even the actor isn't going to be able to tell the difference.

• 1Like

Goatface

i have not idea who this guy is, he just showed up in my recommends after indy5 came out, he has near 300k subs. he keeps reading articles but doesn't say where they are from and my searches turn up nothing.

anyway, in this one, says iger still thinks the movie will hit $900m worldwide and the budget was $200m but KK asked for an extra $100m plus KK/mangold cut a bunch of scenes.

weekend prediction did have indy5 with $28m and insidious with $24m. this could be gold.
1688783135253.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i have not idea who this guy is, he just showed up in my recommends after indy5 came out, he has near 300k subs. he keeps reading articles but doesn't say where they are from and my searches turn up nothing.

anyway, in this one, says iger still thinks the movie will hit $900m worldwide and the budget was $200m but KK asked for an extra $100m plus KK/mangold cut a bunch of scenes.

weekend prediction did have indy5 with $28m and insidious with $24m. this could be gold.
View attachment 481587

He's from TLJ. During production Rian put Zeroh on and gave him publicity on set as cheap entertainment.

He has Lucas Film sources as a result of that. However he also has troll sources from Lucas Film that feed him garbage so they can laugh about it later. Rian's crew made a meme out of it.

Big grain of salt with Zeroh sources, but can confirm he does have contact with real sources as a result of his publicity during TLJ.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

View attachment 481587
if Indy 5 doesnt hit it this weekend. they will lose a ton of screens like the Flash did after its second weekend and if that happens, then it will be in a similar freefall. too many "blockbusters" were tossed out this year. everything costs over 300 million and its not realistic to expect all of them to be mega hits. no matter how high they jack up theater prices. thats just going to chase moviegoers away . i have a sort of theory, they are putting out all this these big bombs this year so they can get them out of the way so they can start over again smaller in the future. no idea if that's the case, but it its the only thing that makes sense right now. the economy is in the shitter. everything is much more expensive now and people are trying to focus on the bare necessities to ride this shit out. not everyone has 40 bucks in their pockets to blow every week on mediocre to shitty films. the market is just not sustainable for all this currently. i used to hit up the theater every week with my dad. matinee was only 6 bucks and you could spend the afternoon during the summer in a nice cool theater.

Szlia

When I left the theater I asked myself this: In this type of US-made action-adventure movies with a dash of comedy, when was the last time I have seen something as well made as this? Maybe the last good Pirates of the Caribbean so... At World's End in 2007? And even if for some reason you count the Uncharted Games, the 4th one is from 2016. Very enjoyable movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
When my wife gets sassy I threaten to take her to Applebee's. She settles right down.

• 8Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Started to respond, saw the poster was Szlia, turned my keyboard 360 degrees and walked away.

• 10Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, fucking blumhouse shit took down delapidated Indy.
Yes, Insidious: The Red Door is a Blumhouse fifthquel. But Sony gets props here for marketing this film and choosing a killer theatrical release date in between Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny and ahead of the Tom Cruise summer box office cyclone, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning — all fueling to what looks to be the horror franchise’s second-best opening at $31M after Insidious: Chapter 2‘s $40.2M.

This will entomb Indiana Jones in second place in its second weekend with $25M-$28M. The Insidious franchise is as alive as other long-running horror franchises; Saw V and the fifth Scream, putting up $30M starts. Many are accounting for the front-loaded nature of Red Door with at least a -30% decline today off Friday’s $15.22M, which includes $5M previews.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
When I left the theater I asked myself this: In this type of US-made action-adventure movies with a dash of comedy, when was the last time I have seen something as well made as this? Maybe the last good Pirates of the Caribbean so... At World's End in 2007? And even if for some reason you count the Uncharted Games, the 4th one is from 2016. Very enjoyable movie.
Jerry Seinfeld GIF by hero0fwar

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
When my wife gets sassy I threaten to take her to Applebee's. She settles right down
Best thing I've ever seen at Applebees was a really drunk guy vomiting into the salad bar.

The staff immediately cleared the salad bar area, took out MOST of the stuff that was vomited in/near. They pulled the salad dressings out of the slots, and then wiped down the case, They then put BACK the salad dressings; one of which, the Russian dressing, had some vomit-shrapnel across it. The solution to that dilemma was not to replace the Russian dressing, but just stir the vomit into it so it kind-of disappeared.

Yum!

• 3WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How dare you actually watch the film, you monster. This thread is for hate circle jerking.

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Best thing I've ever seen at Applebees was a really drunk guy vomiting into the salad bar.

The staff immediately cleared the salad bar area, took out MOST of the stuff that was vomited in/near. They pulled the salad dressings out of the slots, and then wiped down the case, They then put BACK the salad dressings; one of which, the Russian dressing, had some vomit-shrapnel across it. The solution to that dilemma was not to replace the Russian dressing, but just stir the vomit into it so it kind-of disappeared.

Yum!
Recycling!