Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
its just a vanity project for KK. hopefully, its her going away present.
iu

Rip

Spiegs ain't down w/ it no more.

They pushed an ultra woke script and he abandoned Kennedy. A lifelong friend and collaborator lost.

And Mangold has been left to fend off critics who are questioning the legitimacy of the production.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The multi nine-figures production was completely ransacked by a web commentator. Mangold got put on his back down a flight of steps.

May as well just cancel the movie-- and they might.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The truth hurts, I'm sure he knows full well he has a ghost busters 3 on his hands.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they want to make another IJ movie, they should first have to put a script in a fridge and drop a bomb on it. IF the script remains intact proceed, if not celebrate the fireworks and move on

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's so easy. New movies have Harrison Ford in the Sean Connery role and his son taking over.

They kinda set that up but Shia Le Beof went insane.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Indiana Jones Success Template

What works: Christian relics & Nazis.

What doesn't work: Not doing what works.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Temple of Doom is amazing though.
It wasn't horrible, but like a lot of things we've discussed, we disagree. A kid and a woman throughout the whole thing as his sidekicks may have worked script-wise, but Kate Capshaw and Key Hoy Quan (sp?) came off as a snotty, annoying nuisances on film unlike his other sidekicks (Marion, his Dad, Sallah, Brody). This was also why Crystal Skull sucked... all the characters were flat and lacked good personalities (old Karen Allen lost her spark bigtime).

Also, no Christian relics and no Nazis :p

• 1Garbage

Chris

Potato del Grande
It wasn't horrible, but like a lot of things we've discussed, we disagree. A kid and a woman throughout the whole thing as his sidekicks may have worked script-wise, but Kate Capshaw and Key Hoy Quan (sp?) came off as a snotty, annoying nuisances on film unlike his other sidekicks (Marion, his Dad, Sallah, Brody). This was also why Crystal Skull sucked... all the characters were flat and lacked good personalities (old Karen Allen lost her spark bigtime).

Isn't there a Nazi at the monkey brains feast?

I don't care, woman was fuckable and the temple was badass.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i understand willy (Capshaw) being an acquired taste, she isnt my favorite either, but she's got enough charisma and fuckability that she's totally tolerable for me. she delivers all her lines the way you would expect. she was supposed to be a snobbish blonde taken out of her element and pushed down into filthy people, and wildlife. i think she did fine in that regard. Spielberg saw something in her. maybe he was impressed that she took all those nightmare bugs being tossed at her and didnt quit on the spot. so he married her.

Short Round you're way way way off the mark. as a kid watching this. i completely enjoyed his performance, he was also great in Goonies. dont tell me you didnt like Goonies either?

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
How can you possibly hate on Short Round? Temple being the worst of the original trilogy doesn't make it bad. Lets not make it out to be the Godfather 3 of the series.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Indiana Jones and the Search for Lost Trump Votes

Mel Gibson co stars as Indy's drinking buddy who has some ideas

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Vanessa continuing her legendary streak of bad takes. Temple of Doom kicks ass.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

HBO used to played Temple constantly, so I’ve probably watched that more than any other IJ flick

I would say out of the 3, it is the one that probably appeals most to kids, which may be why a lot of us which grew up watching it remember it fondly. You’ve got Data from Goonies, bugs, dudes ripping out hearts, a mine cart chase over lava.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's also sufficiently different from anything I'd ever seen that it just sticks out. As a kid, Raiders was cool but kind of dry and slow, lots of talking. But Temple was action and monkey brains and death cults. Obviously Raiders is the better movie, one of the best of all time, but Temple holds up imo.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I always enjoyed Temple. Saying it's the worst of the original 3 isn't really an insult. Raiders is an all time classic and 3 was excellent. Temple is like an 8/10 kind of movie for me and I've probably watched it 20+ times in my life.

Caliane

Temple is just ok. Doesn't hold up as well as the others nearly as well. its 100% more for kids. its like The Hobbit versus Lord of the rings.

good things in Temple. 1. dance number. 2. dan aykroyd. 3. monkey brains. 4. bugs and sticking hand in ick. 5. death cult. 6. Rollercoaster. 7. hearts.
Alot of the other shit, is real shit. Esp, mountain raft.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Temple is just ok. Doesn't hold up as well as the others nearly as well. its 100% more for kids. its like The Hobbit versus Lord of the rings.

good things in Temple. 1. dance number. 2. dan aykroyd. 3. monkey brains. 4. bugs and sticking hand in ick. 5. death cult. 6. Rollercoaster. 7. hearts.
Alot of the other shit, is real shit. Esp, mountain raft.
Its been awhile but....Dan Aykroyd?