Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
And this is how he'll get out of it and save Indy. Cause this movie will be shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
old people hurt themselves all the time. it happens with more frequency the older you get and the injuries get worse. you also dont heal very quickly. he falls again, he's done.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, I grew up thinking Harrison Ford was one of the coolest guys alive but over the years he's just come across as a cynical asshole doing anything for a paycheck.

I get that's his prerogative but Indy 4 was shit as were the Star Wars prequels he was in. The fact he shows no real thought or warmth to the characters that made him his cash just seals the fact I'll avoid Indy 5 like the plague.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean, I grew up thinking Harrison Ford was one of the coolest guys alive but over the years he's just come across as a cynical asshole doing anything for a paycheck.

I get that's his prerogative but Indy 4 was shit as were the Star Wars prequels he was in. The fact he shows no real thought or warmth to the characters that made him his cash just seals the fact I'll avoid Indy 5 like the plague.
Don't mistake actors for the characters they played. I don't think that most of them give a shit about any of the characters they play, it's just cash then Hollywood lifestyle for them.

How often do you get a Ryan Reynolds type believing in a character and trying to get a reboot made to redeem it?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't mistake actors for the characters they played. I don't think that most of them give a shit about any of the characters they play, it's just cash then Hollywood lifestyle for them.

How often do you get a Ryan Reynolds type believing in a character and trying to get a reboot made to redeem it?
Ford was picked to play Han because Han Solo in Star Wars was an edgy asshole only in it for himself. if you look at him through that lens, then you wont ever be disappointed. he played the same character in American Graffiti. dude started out as Lucas's carpenter.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ford was picked to play Han because Han Solo in Star Wars was an edgy asshole only in it for himself. if you look at him through that lens, then you wont ever be disappointed. he played the same character in American Graffiti. dude started out as Lucas's carpenter.
Yeah I was thinking that. He isn't an actor he only plays himself, which was cocky asshole when young and boring old man now he's old.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I was thinking that. He isn't an actor he only plays himself, which was cocky asshole when young and boring old man now he's old.
i mean i am a huge Harrison Ford fan, for the most part. i was when he wasnt an old man.
his young stuff is all good. up until about the time he did The Fugitive. he was almost in old man mode, but he still had his edge.
in American Graffiti he's the same guy he played in Star Wars.
the other thing, he's rumored to be a huge drunk and bad with money. so when you see him do these movies, its not because he wants to do them, my theory for a long time is he takes roles to pay his bills. or what i call, his bar tab.
it also might explain some of his adlibs in movies.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Tsar Bomba

Trakanon Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lucas Film aren't letting up though and said they'll film around it.

The movie has 10 years in development, so a few months or a production halt would be nothing. Especially since this is Kennedy's bow gift to walk out without incident later this year.

spronk

FPS noob
The movie has 10 years in development, so a few months or a production halt would be nothing. Especially since this is Kennedy's bow gift to walk out without incident later this year.

if kennedy doesn't "retire" this year would you raw dog her

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lucas Film aren't letting up though and said they'll film around it.

they can film it without him too. Spielberg and Lucas left him holding the bag.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
i mean i am a huge Harrison Ford fan, for the most part. i was when he wasnt an old man.
his young stuff is all good. up until about the time he did The Fugitive. he was almost in old man mode, but he still had his edge.
in American Graffiti he's the same guy he played in Star Wars.
the other thing, he's rumored to be a huge drunk and bad with money. so when you see him do these movies, its not because he wants to do them, my theory for a long time is he takes roles to pay his bills. or what i call, his bar tab.
it also might explain some of his adlibs in movies.
He is a drunk, I dunno about the money thing.

Makes me wonder what some of these people do with their money. A lot of them should be swimming in cash, but so many are in VHS level movies it is shocking.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He is a drunk, I dunno about the money thing.

Makes me wonder what some of these people do with their money. A lot of them should be swimming in cash, but so many are in VHS level movies it is shocking.
you should check out his IMDB. for every great role , he does a Hollywood Homicide type of shitball film.
you pay him enough, the dude will show up to your bar mitzvah and wish little Finkelstein a great day.

Fucker

Log Wizard
you should check out his IMDB. for every great role , he does a Hollywood Homicide type of shitball film.
you pay him enough, the dude will show up to your bar mitzvah and wish little Finkelstein a great day.
Damn, almost 20 years since he was the main draw in a good film.

Sterling

El Presidente
A lot of top tier actors do shit movies fairly often. The quality of making a movie and the quality of the movie as a viewing experience aren't always in lockstep. So it's not always just about the payday. Sometimes people just want to work with certain people or owe favors.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A lot of top tier actors do shit movies fairly often. The quality of making a movie and the quality of the movie as a viewing experience aren't always in lockstep. So it's not always just about the payday. Sometimes people just want to work with certain people or owe favors.
its a risky move, because you do enough shit and it destroys your brand. people forgive a lot of the trash Ford has done because his good films were really good so he's been riding nostalgia for a long time. it still sucks that he is no longer relkevant. at least Connery and Nicholson knew when to call it a day.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like