Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe Connery thought LOTR was a little kids book series and figured that was beneath a serious actor like him. my dad never read any Tolkien and he was a trekkie nerd, though he did really like the LOTR movies.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was likely domestic box office. And Jackson was a nobody at the time, as was the entire LOTR cast.

They had this big franchise and movie with no vehicle in their eyes. That's why they went after Connery so hard.

He was supposed to sell it. Instead it sold itself and saved them a lot of profits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
All this makes me think, is there any chance of Harrison Ford getting a great role in his later career??

The sort of thing that people will remember him for.

Not this trainwreck of course.

edit:

Footage of Harrison Ford avoiding a trainwreck ( he should do it again now )

Fugitive_wreck.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All this makes me think, is there any chance of Harrison Ford getting a great role in his later career??

edit:

View attachment 359972
this is later in his career, you dont get much later at 78 years old. he had his chance in Force Awakens, dude opted to be cucked and then killed off. there are no more chances, if he comes back to the set of Indy 5, that will be his last big movie. he probably doesnt even care because the money truck arrived at his house.

Caliane

edit:

View attachment 359972
not likely. hes a lazy actor.

Ian McKellen 64 when he hit it big with Lotr and Magneto in 2000/2001. Sure, he'd been acting nonstop prior, but thats very clearly his biggest hits.

Chris lee himself. workhorse. movie after movie. but, lots of TV, lots of nothing. A few major camp hits in the 80's. Early dracula/horror of the 70's.
but a huge gap of "REAL" big time work in the 90s, and most of the 80s. then yeah. at 79. Lord of the rings. year later starwars/dooku.

could he? yes. but, the dude would need to start giving a shit.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Thinking about this more, I figure that McKellen and Christopher Lee were on chump change per film compared to what Harrison Ford has been on, while sleep walking through his roles.

Perhaps for Lee and McK it was a case of needing to prove themselves as a viable talent each time, on each new project.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Christopher Lee was already a legend before the1970s. he had been making horror films for decades at that point. Lucas probably grew up with his Dracula films and so its why he respectfully cast him as Count Dookoo. luckily, Peter Jackson saw how good he was and brought him in for Saruman, its one of his most iconic roles, but he is most famous for being Dracula. only Lugosi himself is more famous for that role.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Ford has definitely been coasting. He has done a ton of awesome movies but most of them were 30+ years ago, with a few exceptions.

Chris

Potato del Grande
His career would have had a resurgence for sure. I think he would have been an awesome Gandolf.
Sean Connery can't act, what the fuck are you talking about? He is the same slurring scottish guy in every movie.

"You schall noot pashsh!"

Alec Guinness was super butthurt that more people knew him as OB1 than his previous 40 years of acting. he refused to sign autographs and hated all SW fans. it was just a paycheck to him.
I don't think he was as good as he thought he was or in many memorable movies.

Only think I think I've seen him in was the original 1960s version of Gladiator?

Other actors have taken on equally large roles and are not only remembered for them. Christopher Lee for example as others have said.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he was a man of his time. though he should have gotten LOTR since its a works from the mid 1940s. he also did Time Bandits and Dragonheart, so he does get fantasy and comedy. Alec Guinness was super butthurt that more people knew him as OB1 than his previous 40 years of acting. he refused to sign autographs and hated all SW fans. it was just a paycheck to him.

Paycheck it was. Guiness cleared 95m on Star Wars and his estate continues to earn money from sales of the original 3 movies.

Even in death.

Lucas pulled a similar trick, offering to cancel his director fee in return for 1/5 of the box office gross of A New Hope. The gross was 750m.

Imagine being a salty faggot about a role when you made 100m from how well known it is?

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sean Connery can't act, what the fuck are you talking about? He is the same slurring scottish guy in every movie.

"You schall noot pashsh!"

I don't think he was as good as he thought he was or in many memorable movies.

Only think I think I've seen him in was the original 1960s version of Gladiator?

Other actors have taken on equally large roles and are not only remembered for them. Christopher Lee for example as others have said.
there are some good films he did. some i enjoyed as a kid and i didnt even know that was Ob1
and Sean Connery was a great actor, you're being way too harsh on him.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
there are some good films he did. some i enjoyed as a kid and i didnt even know that was Ob1
and Sean Connery was a great actor, you're being way too harsh on him.
Who watches 1940s black and white movies though? Perhaps he just got dated.

Only 40s movies I've seen are Disney and Wizard of Oz.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who watches 1940s black and white movies though? Perhaps he just got dated.

Only 40s movies I've seen are Disney and Wizard of Oz.
hehe, now i know you're joking. most of the best films are made pre-1950. some of my favorites are from the 30s and 20s.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's not a mainstream view or typical viewing habit. Which movies?
well i cant get into all of them, but you wanna start with some Buster Keaton, the greatest stuntman moviestar in cinematic history. Tom Cruise aint got shit on him.
one of his most famous flicks, he has many others, but this will get you started.

then you got your screwball comedies. many films done in this subgenre back then.
pick one
then you got all the Universal Monster films. Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy and The Wolfman.

then hit up the best comedy teams. Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges and Abbot and Costello.

that should keep you bsuy for a few years.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean I'll agree that Buster Keaton was amazing but aside from that gtfo with your hipster bullshit.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean I'll agree that Buster Keaton was amazing but aside from that gtfo with your hipster bullshit.
i grew up with all those films. nothing hipster about Abbot and Costello, Dracula or those classic screwball comedies. fucking hipsters dont even know those movies ever existed.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Hasn't seen Bladerunner, but talks up movies from the 20s. I've watched a lot of those older films. Some hold up, some not as much. But saying that most of the best movies are all from pre 1950 is some nonsense just based on volume.

• 1Like