Indiana...Religious Freedom eh? *sigh*

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Maybe you should just drop the metaphor bs, because you either have no idea what entanglement is or you don't understand what "choice" means.
You don't like the quantum choice experiments either? We could be friends.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You are conflating an event with a choice. The two are not the same thing. This whole conversation is so far from reality at this point I don't even know what to do.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Furry is derailing the fuck out of pretty much any thread that tangentially touches on science. It is really annoying and he seems immune to any sort of rational argument or even embarrassment at his own ignorance.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You are conflating an event with a choice. The two are not the same thing. This whole conversation is so far from reality at this point I don't even know what to do.
The difference between an event and a choice is that a mind initiates a choice. So a wave form collapsing on its own is an event. one collapsing at the power of a human is a choice, thus why it is intentionally called a choice experiment.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The difference between an event and a choice is that a mind initiates a choice. So a wave form collapsing on its own is an event. one collapsing at the power of a human is a choice, thus why it is intentionally called a choice experiment.
Stop giving this thread AIDS. Thanks.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think this thread is still in its HIV stage. I am as of yet not sure if we will get Magic Johnson AIDS or Africa life-is-cheap AIDS

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Its nice to know your disagreement with me is based upon not knowing the meaning of words.

Lets use quantum entanglement as an example, since everyone here loves it so much. It's called a quantum choice experiment, because a particle is given two or more options and must choose one. Is this a conscious choice?

But furry, you don't believe in QE. Correct, put two pieces of food an equal distance from an ant. Will the ant go for one of the two or ignore it. This again is a choice. Did the ant make a concious decision, or did it make an instinctual choice?

I can give numerous more examples, but its an exercise in futiliy if you don't understand it by now. Unconscious choices are still choices.There are numerous studies about how unconscious thought bias and desires sway human decisions. I am extremely for gay rights because I think people should have the free will to choose and decide how they wish. Being gay is something that can be affected by your life and situation. Being black is something cannot be affected by your life and situation. Comparing the two as equal is idiotic.
What the fuck am I reading

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lets use quantum entanglement as an example, since everyone here loves it so much. It's called a quantum choice experiment, because a particle is given two or more options and must choose one. Is this a conscious choice?
6IAPwW5.gif

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If i hire furry to post for araysar full time would that bypass the ban bet? I only have the best interest of the forum in mind.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there some way to sue on behalf of a corporation against its owners because the owners forced the corporation (which is a person) to unconditionally accept a religion? The corporation didn't choose that religion, or is it a slave to its owners?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If i hire furry to post for araysar full time would that bypass the ban bet? I only have the best interest of the forum in mind.
I'm open to offers.

Is there some way to sue on behalf of a corporation against its owners because the owners forced the corporation (which is a person) to unconditionally accept a religion? The corporation didn't choose that religion, or is it a slave to its owners?
Interesting question. This may be why hobby lobby only applies to 'closely held corporations' or whatever the exact question is.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
That's a really bad comparison, though. Araysar was as a good a troll as I've ever seen. Furry doesn't troll.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
EEOC Sues Star Transport, Inc. for Religious Discrimination

This is 2 years old. I fail to see the differene, so a company has to provide you with alternative things to do if it conflicts with your religion, but a company can't do the same?

Also some odd coincidence I guess if you google the name of the judge he's on every arab list about being a friend of their faith as the only arab judge in X area or whatever.

PEORIA, Ill. - Star Transport, Inc., a trucking company based in Morton, Ill., violated federal law by failing to accommodate two employees because of their religion, Islam, and discharging them, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) charged in a lawsuit filed today.

The lawsuit alleged that Star Transport refused to provide two employees with an accommodation of their religious beliefs when it terminated their employment because they refused to deliver alcohol. According to EEOC District Director John P. Rowe, who supervised administrative investigation prior to filing the lawsuit, "Our investigation revealed that Star could have readily avoided assigning these employees to alcohol delivery without any undue hardship, but chose to force the issue despite the employees' Islamic religion."

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
how is delivering alcohol against islamic practice? they aren't drinking it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
EEOC Sues Star Transport, Inc. for Religious Discrimination

This is 2 years old. I fail to see the differene, so a company has to provide you with alternative things to do if it conflicts with your religion, but a company can't do the same?
I guess you missed that whole Hobby Lobby kerfuffle, as if we needed yet another front on which to consider a business/corporation a person. Especially the notion that a corporation "found religion".

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Bigoted MI Auto Shop Owner Gives Discount to Gun Nuts; Bans Openly Gay People | Americans Against the Tea Party

After Michigan auto repair shop owner Brian Klawiter posted on Facebook that he would refuse service to openly gay people, his post wound up going viral, and he wound up facing an explosive amount of media attention. Now he says he isn't standing down, and is going to "hold firm" to his views.

He also said that he would give a discount to anyone who brought their gun to his shop (on-duty police officers excluded, apparently because tax dollars bought their guns).

"I'm a Christian," Klawiter, the owner of Diseltec in Grandville, Michigan, wrote. "My company will be run in a way that reflects that. Dishonesty, thievery, immoral behavior, etc. will not be welcomed at MY place of business. (I would not hesitate to refuse service to an openly gay person or persons. Homosexuality is wrong, period. If you want to argue this fact with me then I will put your vehicle together with all bolts and no nuts and you can see how that works.)"