Industrial? (Ministry, CombiChrist?)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Some Aussie stuff.. Dogmachine, they had a really industrial stage show with people smashing things with sledgehammers, angle grinding steel to shoot sparks across the crowd.. was pretty awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I love this little gem. Not "pure" industrial but I have to be honest, I can only take so Much Einsturbenden Neubaten in one lifetime

edit: you guys got nice taste! This thread is really bringing back some great music. Dad rock? Ummm... not at the time lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm glad SWANS were mentioned in here, they are one of my favorite bands. If anyone is unfamiliar with them, I urge you check them out and listen to stuff throughout their career. Some really amazing stuff.

And a lot more.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
this turning into an industrial + thread.

Zindan just tossed some monster Swans up. I say yes. Damn, that first track is so messed up. Not sure I would call them industrial. But I think still connected. early goth and industrial fed off each other.

I believe in myself, ya'll!

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
NIN and Tool fall into this a bit i guess, and maybe Ramstein?

Anyways, i'm sure there's new stuff that sounds like this. recommend me something I probably haven't heard. or classic that might be less known?

I made a thread for EBM at one point I thought. It's good shit, I have quite a lot, actually.

• 1Like
These guys . Basically just a couple of dudes in England in some old coal town who discovered a drum machine and a pitchshifter.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Tsk not one example of the people who got labeled with Industrial in the first place?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Random others who probably shouldn't be considered industrial. But were lumped into the group by record label and time-frame.
Severed Heads- on netwerk along with SKinny Puppy in north america. Tape loop nonsense for days

Thrill Kill Kult- WAXTRAX chicago crew

Non- AKA Boyd Rice
Tape loops with off center record holes- so sound speed gets all fucked

There's all the Al Jourgensen side projects. 1000 Homo DJ's being one of many. The Side Trax album has pretty most of them. Lead into Gold being notably missing.

Also all the throbbing gristle splinter groups. Chris and Cosey, Coil, Psychic TV

And the Skinny Puppy side projects. Industrial is a rabbit hole

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lead Into Gold... woo, that brought back memories, my favorite:

Godflesh was pretty awesome to, really liked the "World Lit Only by Fire" album from a couple years ago:

• 2Like