inFAMOUS: Second Son

Column_sl

shitlord
Last time I turned on the PS4 was when it launched for Killzone.
I'm afraid it's going to self combust when I download Infamous tomorrow.

PS3 has been getting massive playtime tho

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I guess I'd say I'm surprised the metacritic for this game is so low but I suppose the gameplay in Infamous games has always been a love/hate type thing. You can sort of see that in the review spread as well. I'd guess this game scores higher for me personally, will have to see tomorrow!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess I'd say I'm surprised the metacritic for this game is so low but I suppose the gameplay in Infamous games has always been a love/hate type thing. You can sort of see that in the review spread as well. I'd guess this game scores higher for me personally, will have to see tomorrow!
You know with how Bethesda shit on Obsidian for the score I am going to wait to see for myself. Years later that games gets praises (and hell I was just playing it last night)so ya fuck metacritic. /em scowls

p.s. I understand it's a decent way to validate purchases for most products but sometimes the review is off.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Metacritic for south park is currently 85 which I consider a must buy if you remotely enjoy south park the show. Metacritic for infamous is currently 81.

Seems like another must buy for me.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Ive only got about an hour clocked in so far (dinner break!) but what Ive played has been great. Story wise it feels far less cartoony than the first two games (so far) plus it's gorgeous.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I got the digital version also, this is a not until midnight pst thing? Still on the road but guessing I'll want to start it to auto download to be ready in the a.m.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, PSN is fast at 7am! I started the download when I got ready for work and it was almost done by the time I left 20 minutes later.

Column_sl

shitlord
Game is absolutely amazing looking. It's much better so far then the previous 2 infamous games which were more, or less cheap GTA knock offs with some crackdown gameplay attached.

One thing I do need to nitpick about the game tho. The sound design for the combat is really not good so far. When you shoot off a fireball, or attack a car it doesn't have any impact.
It's a combination of bad vibration on the controller, and almost no sound at all so it feels very light when you hit something when it really shouldn't.

The other thing is the poor facial animations on the cut scenes. Really no reason to not do this well anymore, everyone is able to do this at pretty high level.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You know with how Bethesda shit on Obsidian for the score I am going to wait to see for myself. Years later that games gets praises (and hell I was just playing it last night)so ya fuck metacritic. /em scowls

p.s. I understand it's a decent way to validate purchases for most products but sometimes the review is off.
Talking New Vegas I assume? I agree it's the better Fallout title now, but Metacritic was heavily influenced by some really nasty early buginess. Additionally DLC credit goes to BethSoft not Obsidian IIRC.

My copy is on the truck today, but I'm on vacation in an hour till Tuesday so will be playing catchup on it when I get back.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Game is pretty freaking amazing. Very pleased with it so far. I would say this is the first "must have" PS4 game.

Column_sl

shitlord
As I'm progressing in the game there is some stuff I'm really not liking ,but will withhold my final judgement till the end.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
My beef with the first two was unoriginal, and boring missions that felt really repetitive. That's what I am hoping this game changed, a la AC IV BF.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well, so far it's not breaking any of those trends....
Even tho it is a beautiful game to look at it lacks the details of the last GTA, and the storytelling of a Naughty Dog game. I realize those are both very tall orders, but it's supposed to be "THE" game for the ps4 right now.

I'm about 3 hours in, and slowly getting bored with the missions. Going to keep going tho in case it get's better later on.

Little details just bug me in this game tho, like he can be on a very flat surface, and will still be doing the procedural animation they use when he is balancing on a tight wire. Just lazy stuff.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well it's coming from Gamefly, just didn't know if I should buy it instead. Looking for more opinions before I do so... thanks for the feedback Column.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
I am only a couple hours in and i agree with sean, gameplay and visuals are pretty damn good. But on the other hand the narrative so far hasn't been the greatest, also I dislike how when in combat the sounds from it are like at 25% volume.