inFAMOUS: Second Son

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, game was defaulted on tv speakers for me, changed it and it's made quite a difference.

This game is gorgeous, can't wait to see what ND gets out of this hardware.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Talking New Vegas I assume? I agree it's the better Fallout title now, but Metacritic was heavily influenced by some really nasty early buginess. Additionally DLC credit goes to BethSoft not Obsidian IIRC.
How do you figure about DLC? Bethsoft didnt write that?herewas planned and initiated by Chris and co well before. The writing was not done by Bethsoft that's for sure. You mean the bugs? If bethsoft did that well we could spend awhile discussing why it was buggy in the first place and that blame will land mostly on Bethesda for their BS schedule but some does fall on Obsidian. Anyways everyone has their personal game to defend.

Not to derail Val

Loving infamous so far.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A little disappointed but it will help fill the void for a little bit. Will have no problem putting it down for a bit as Diablo and other games release this month... expected to at least be a little conflicted.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
For me so far it is falling in to the same trap that most of the games in this genre do, way too much to do that is way too similar. Each district is exactly the same, with the same objectives, unlocked the same. It is at least 70% my fault for doing it all before progressing the story and thus delaying the plot, distracting myself, and somewhat losing interest. I fall in to the same trap in all these, whether it is GTA, Saints Row, Assassin's Creed.

Anyways, underwhelmed is mostly what I'd say, but not regrettable. I'm hopeful that once things actually start moving forward (or I move them) it'll develop more.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, I couldn't wait for Gamefly (especially since I returned SM3DW late, and missed the window for this game to be shipped day one) and I bought the digital copy. The graphics are really, really great (so much so that I have stopped just to gape, even going so far as to move back and forth to check out the lighting), and I am getting the same next gen vibe I got the first time I fired up Saint's Row on the 360. Beautiful HD graphics, with what looks like 60 fps to my eye, with a few dips into what looks like the 30's-40's here and there. Yes the game is repetitive (which I expected), but the controls are top notch, and I'm not fighting over "sticky" surfaces like I did with AC:BF. I think I will enjoy the game for what it is, and look at the issues I and others have as a necessary evil for trophy farming. Having fun so far.

Anomander Rake

Also, the "Banksy" spray paint part (with turning the DS4 sideways and shaking it + hearing the ball bearing through the controller's speaker) is pretty genius and fun, and I am digging the overall use of the DS4 speaker. Much better than blowing into it a la the Wii-U (lame).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I like the speaker usage, more than once I thought a noise was coming from my cell phone sitting next to me. Don't mind the touchpad usage either. I was disappointed with all the detail to the environment and yet while trying to shoot a drone out of the sky during a rainstorm everything was still getting blown out like I was looking at the sun. Camera leaves a bit to be desired too in many situations, hope there's more interior stuff like the opening fight (and seamless rather than it's own zone) but at the same time kinda hope there isn't because of the camera.

No regrets, like Titanfall this is a fun game to own for the system and it'll get plenty of play. In a lot of ways to me it feels almost more like a sequel to Prototype than Infamous though, maybe because I played and enjoyed that franchise more.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, I like the speaker usage, more than once I thought a noise was coming from my cell phone sitting next to me. Don't mind the touchpad usage either. I was disappointed with all the detail to the environment and yet while trying to shoot a drone out of the sky during a rainstorm everything was still getting blown out like I was looking at the sun. Camera leaves a bit to be desired too in many situations, hope there's more interior stuff like the opening fight (and seamless rather than it's own zone) but at the same time kinda hope there isn't because of the camera.

No regrets, like Titanfall this is a fun game to own for the system and it'll get plenty of play. In a lot of ways to me it feels almost more like a sequel to Prototype than Infamous though, maybe because I played and enjoyed that franchise more.
im with ya I played enough to think it was cool but if this came out 1 year from now it wouldn't have got that much buzz.

Also, the "Banksy" spray paint part (with turning the DS4 sideways and shaking it + hearing the ball bearing through the controller's speaker) is pretty genius and fun, and I am digging the overall use of the DS4 speaker. Much better than blowing into it a la the Wii-U (lame).
ya that shit owns. The graphics are mind blowing for sure.

Column_sl

shitlord
Game gets way better later on, and I'm enjoying it now. Played allot today so I have to be close to finishing this one.

I agree it is the must play game for the PS4. It showcases it very well, and is the first true next gen game on both consoles imo.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game gets way better later on, and I'm enjoying it now. Played allot today so I have to be close to finishing this one.

I agree it is the must play game for the PS4. It showcases it very well, and is the first true next gen game on both consoles imo.
Ok good to hear.

Anomander Rake

Yeah, having gotten the neon powers, and focusing on an even split between the 2nd objectives (getting all the side quests) and the primary story makes for a really fun experience. Can't wait to see what's after neon, because holy shit, the art department for this game is friggin' genius. Using gray, drab, and rainy Seattle to juxtapose neon purples and greens? Killer.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well my final score after just finishing is a 8.5, I'll explain in the spoilers so it won't hurt anyones playthrough

Game looks beautiful, but that's already been covered.

Taking points off for the following

1) Every boss battle was exactly the same. Take cover, and shoot missiles. Was absolutely no variation in it, and they all were very simple.
2) Story was pretty generic, which is a shame because the characters themselves are very interesting. After watching the Infamous recap I felt they did a better job with the story in the last 2
3) Facial animations were poor in cut-scenes.
4) Main story-line was pretty short. Maybe 5 hours? Probly about the size of Arkham Asylum. maybe a tad shorter.

Really good game tho, and definitely should rent it if you just want to finish it quick without all the side mission stuff.

kudos

<Banned>
Even watching the streams people do on this game makes me want to buy a ps4. It's a gorgeous game and it looks really fun to play.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I definitely agree that my previous criticisms have tapered off quite a bit now that things are moving forward, I got neon, and achieved a better Story / Side Mission balance. Not quite finished yet so avoiding spoilers and everything, but am interested in final words and thoughts, because there are still a few things that are annoying.

Oh, and the Paper Trail site right now is an absolute mess.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't get over how good this game looks. First game to really impress me visually on the PS4. Killzone had a lot of cool visual moments, but Infamous is another league.