Interesting, Non Political News

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
no more tiktoks for this cunt
(they leave out shes a nurse, just a mom all of a sudden)
Women sure do love killing their children.

Is this a 20/21st century phenomena or has there always been a problem of women murdering their young children?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Women sure do love killing their children.

Is this a 20/21st century phenomena or has there always been a problem of women murdering their young children?

Always been an issue, it isn't new. Severe postpartum depression can be very dangerous if left untreated or undiagnosed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just funny, old man Tony Hawk yelling at kids to do kick flips from his car in SoCal...

most of the younger generation didn't even recognize him lol.

• 1Worf

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
A facial reconstruction of the mummy of a young child has revealed that his mummy portrait was remarkably realistic. Mummy portraits, a funerary tradition specific to Greco-Roman Egypt, were painted on wood boards and placed over the face of a linen-wrapped mummified body. There are about 1,000 known mummy portraits extant today, most of them discovered in the Fayoum area of Lower Egypt, but less than 100 of them are still attached to their original mummy.

The most recent study is the first to compare a child mummy to its portrait. The subject in question has been part of the collection of the Staatliches Museum Ägyptischer Kunst (SMAEK) München since 1912 when it was donated to the Royal Bavarian Collection of Antiquities by renown archaeologist Sir Flinders Petrie. Petrie had unearthed it himself the year before during an excavation at Hawara, the entrance point to the Fayoum oasis.

The mummy is 30 inches long and artfully wrapped with criss-crossed linen bandages adorned with gilded plaster buttons. The portrait depicts a young child about three or four years old with large brown eyes and brown hair. X-rays identified the child as male. The hair is curly with two braids woven from center to ears just above the hairline.

Researchers CT-scanned the mummy and reconstructed the skull from the scans. They then used the scan data and 3D software to reconstruct the eyes, skin, nose and soft tissue. The reconstruction artist was not allowed to see the portrait or even get anything information about it so as not to influence the rendering.
A more in depth report on the details of the forensic process.
Child-mummy-scanned.jpg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

A 32 hour work week is fine if employers want to adapt to it. If they are really trying to make this change, then the only way to change it would be to change overtime too over 32 hours. Any government entity is not going to be able to only work their staff 32 hours on things like law enforcement or any 24 hour utility. Companies for profit will work the people as controlled by economics. Working 32 hours but getting paid for 40 only works in certain situations.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

A 32 hour work week is fine if employers want to adapt to it. If they are really trying to make this change, then the only way to change it would be to change overtime too over 32 hours. Any government entity is not going to be able to only work their staff 32 hours on things like law enforcement or any 24 hour utility. Companies for profit will work the people as controlled by economics. Working 32 hours but getting paid for 40 only works in certain situations.

No way this will work in the food industry. Standard work week is 50+ hours, and that's by choice. We cut peoples hours below 50, they quit and go to the next plant. They just can't fathom some people want to work more and actually make money.

Gask

Pictures and footage from the aftermath of Turkey's 7.8 magnitude earthquake yesterday.
FoR7vjKXoAE434M.jpgFoR7vjNXEAMTs9Y.jpgFoS7I2rXEAgpfHg.jpgFoRGEuPXEAQooAy.jpgFoRBSrJXEAI7-d0.jpg

Borzak

For a country prone to earthquakes they apparnelty havne't discovered rebar yet from t he videos I've seen.

• 1Like

Gask

For a country prone to earthquakes they apparnelty havne't discovered rebar yet from t he videos I've seen.
They got hit by 3 earthquakes in a few hours, two 7.5+ and then a 6.0 with a number of aftershocks.
The 7.8 magnitude quake struck south-eastern Turkey and northern Syria. At least 20 aftershocks followed the initial earthquake, which the US Geological Survey (USGS) says was centred about 33km from Gaziantep and was 18km deep.

A second shock hit central Turkey on Monday afternoon (9.24pm AEDT) at magnitude 7.5 and a depth of 10km, according to the USGS. The centre of the tremor was about four kilometres out of Ekinözü to the north-east of the earlier earthquake. The damage and death toll from the latest tremor is unknown.

The second tremor was felt as far as the eastern Mediterranean island nation of Cyprus, where people took to social media to post footage of swaying curtains, while employees working in some high-rise buildings in the capital, Nicosia, quickly rushed outside.

A third, but slightly less intense 6.0 magnitude earthquake, came two hours later and hit around 5.6km southwest of Göksun in Kahramanmaras, Turkey.

Thousands of buildings were reported collapsed in a wide area extending from Syria's cities of Aleppo and Hama to Turkey's Diyarbakir, more than 330km to the northeast.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is some scary shit. A building is supposed to be a place of safety. There is no way I would feel safe staying in any building near where the earthquake hit. One minute you are finally sleeping, the next you get erased because the building collapses.

• 1Truth!

Borzak

Some of the videos looks like the building just didn't fall down, they turned to dust.

Borzak

On top of the earthquake they have snow on the ground and below freezing weather. That can't be good when you lose power or half your house.

Gask

In September of 2011, a user named selco joined the forums at SurvivalistBoards.com and posted "my shtf expirience-wartime," a thread that would since become legendary in survivalist communities and beyond. In it, Selco details his experience of living in a besieged Bosnian town of 50 to 60k people during the Bosnian War (1992-1995). The siege took away everything modern humans take for granted and tested with extreme brutality Selco's and his community's ability to survive.

But what is so interesting about this war story is that it was told to a group of survivalists (preppers) who had questions -- lots of questions. How does barter work and which survival strategies are worthless bunk? How were the social dynamics when everyone realized there was no law? What really happens and what kind of tricks do people actually get up to to get by when faced with, essentially, the apocalypse?

The questions SurvivalistBoards had for Selco will be in headers and heavily trimmed; Selco's posts are copypasted as-is, grammar worts and all. Selco's first post:​

OK, i wanna share with you my own experience. (be patient with my English, i am from far away )

I am from Bosnia, and as some of you may know it was hell here from 92-95, anyway, for 1 whole year i lived and survived in a city of 50 000- 60 000 residents WITHOUT: electricity, fuel,running water,real food distribution, or distribution of any goods, or any kind of organized law or government.The city was surrounded for 1 year and in that city actually it was SHTF situation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On top of the earthquake they have snow on the ground and below freezing weather. That can't be good when you lose power or half your house.

Just goes to the understanding as to why I do not live close to a city(A place with tall buildings around me) and why I do not live up North(Fucking cold/snow). There are more reasons but that is a dream falling down for 100,000's of people. To bad we are so busy with Russia and China that we cannot truly help them.