Interesting, Non Political News

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Dan Markel murder case has been interesting to follow over the years as it covers so many angles. Dan Markel and Wendy Adelson got divorced and it ended up in a bitter custody battle. Wendy being the star of the Adelson family got them to rally around her and her genius brother decided they could just get rid of Dan to avoid the divorce settlement that Wendy felt was unjust. As Dan tried to fix their issues but she wasn't having it and he eventually just said fuck it and moved on.

So the brother hired out contract killing to one of his employees, a hygienist at his dental office. Who then got her ex-husband along with some other guy to go out and do it. They all got caught and sentenced and the brother just got sentenced. They recently arrested the mom.

It looks like Wendy may indeed get caught in it as well. After all these years.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Screenshot_20231210-195658.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

Why do ‘gate lice’ line up early for a flight? Psychologists explain.​

Airlines forcing fliers to gate check passengers’ carry-ons because of “full” overhead bins, for example, means that being the last passenger to board when Group 6 is called (rather than the first to board with Group 7) can be the difference between keeping your carry-on and not.
The entire problem exists only because some passengers are assholes and all airlines allow it.

You only get the overhead compartment above your seat. If you take the overhead bin above someone elses seat, you're an asshole and the airline should move your bag to checked baggage. And also spit in your face. Because fuck you, seriously.

If they would just enforce this obvious piece of etiquitte there would be no gate lice.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

The entire problem exists only because some passengers are assholes and all airlines allow it.

You only get the overhead compartment above your seat. If you take the overhead bin above someone elses seat, you're an asshole and the airline should move your bag to checked baggage. And also spit in your face. Because fuck you, seriously.

If they would just enforce this obvious piece of etiquitte there would be no gate lice.
alarm clock GIF
you snooze you lose wake up GIF by Super Simple

lol, sorry. Couldn't resist.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Kiwi tourist detained as Kazakhstan officials say NZ is not a country​

THEY just lost their Prime Minister, and the blows keep coming for New Zealanders. A Kiwi traveller has been detained by officials who refused to believe NZ was a country.

A KIWI tourist says she was detained in Kazakhstan after immigration officials refused to believe New Zealand was a country, insisting it was actually a state of Australia.
Chloe Phillips-Harris, 28, arrived at Kazakhstan’s Almaty Airport in May after being assured by the New Zealand embassy she would be able to enter the Central Asian country on her Kiwi passport.

But officials at the airport told her she wouldn’t be able to enter the country without an Australian passport, the New Zealand Herald reported.

“I landed in Kazakhstan on the last flight of the night, and I got to an immigration booth and they asked me for an Australian passport, and told me I couldn’t come in without an Australian passport,” Ms Phillips-Harris told the Herald.

“They said New Zealand’s clearly a part of Australia.”

Ms Phillips-Harris said New Zealand was missing from a map of the world in the room she was interrogated in, which made it impossible for her to convince Kazakhstan immigration officials that her home country really existed.

The young traveller said she was held in detention for close to two days. Picture: Facebook/Chloe Phillips-Harris: Adventurer

The young traveller said she was held in detention for close to two days. Picture: Facebook/Chloe Phillips-Harris: Adventurer
She said she realised too late she probably had to pay her way out of the tricky situation.
“Plainclothes policemen got involved, immigration police got involved, airport officials got involved ... and at that stage it was a bit late to bribe my way out, which apparently is what I was supposed to do from the beginning, but being a New Zealander we’re not familiar with that,” Ms Phillips-Harris said.

She said she was interrogated for hours and locked in a guard room for a day and a half.

“It was an empty room with a bed basically,” she said. “I didn’t get any food or water but in the middle of the night they guards clearly felt sorry for me so once immigration police and everyone had gone, the guards would sneak me a drink.

“The guards were really nice and let me wander around the immigration room as long as they were no flights coming in, and if there was a flight they would just shoo me back into the room.”

Kazakhstan is emerging as a magnet for curious travellers. Picture: Irene2005

Kazakhstan is emerging as a magnet for curious travellers. Picture: Irene2005
Eventually, with the help of contacts in Kazakhstan, Ms Phillips was able to secure a new visa, a US passport and an exchange of cash that allowed her to escape detention and enter the country, where she ended up staying for six months.

“The people I knew in Kazakhstan got me a new type of visa and paid the right people and got me out, that’s probably the easiest explanation,” she said.

Ms Phillips-Harris said despite the ordeal she still hoped to return to Kazakhstan, where the strengthening economy and breathtaking mountains — not to mention a brand-new McDonalds restaurant — were attracting more and more adventurous tourists.

“[Kazakhstan] is changing very fast, there’s a huge amount of potential over there,” she said.

“It is corrupt and there are problems there but there are a lot of good people there too, it’s just a beautiful country to be in. It’s just really unfortunate there was a world map that didn’t have New Zealand on it.”

A spokesman for New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade told the Herald it was aware of the case and it had been resolved

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The carry-on problem only exists because airlines started to charge for any checked baggage. As a result, people try to cram as much shit into the "free" carry-on bag and it eats up the limited space available to stow carry-on luggage. Yes, the people trying to game the system at the expense of others are assholes, but that asshole behavior was never as wide spread until you started to pay for all checked bags.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
It’s just what happens when the poor shitheads start having access to anything. They ruin it. Flying used to be mostly an upper middle class and higher activity, now they’re city buses in the sky.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The carry-on problem only exists because airlines started to charge for any checked baggage. As a result, people try to cram as much shit into the "free" carry-on bag and it eats up the limited space available to stow carry-on luggage. Yes, the people trying to game the system at the expense of others are assholes, but that asshole behavior was never as wide spread until you started to pay for all checked bags.
I agree but its still no excuse for allowing it to continue.

Its one of those areas in life where I have to exercise excessive, deliberate self control when I encounter it, like sit there doing breathing exercise and shit, cause its so fucked up and damn near 100% of society is apparently on board with it.

Putting your carryon bag above row 4 when you're back in goddam row 8 is antisocial behavior on the same tier as just dropping your pants and taking a shit on row 4's lap.

But not only are we supposed to allow it, the stewardesses have the gall to get pissy when you move them where they belong. Its fucked up, and there isnt any excuse for it, and fucking everyone just lets it happen without violence.

/breathing exercises

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not a great week for commercial flying. First the air Japan disaster, and now a door gets ripped off mid flgith

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hasn’t there been a shitton of problems with those 737 MAXs? How the fuck are those still flying?

The biggest issue with the MAXs was those kenyan jogger pilots who didn't know how to fly it and crashed a couple

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Excuse me if this is perhaps too political, but why do wrenches need to be on the internet?

I don't know these wrenches but I can take a guess.

There are a billion or so devices connected to the internet right (*) now that have no reason to be. Why are they? They're that way because their designers didnt want to bother with buttons or any of that "old fashioned boomer tech", they wanted a "slick modern interface".

So they made it connect to the users smartphone. But wait, how can we connect? Whats the easiest and cheapest way? Wifi.

So now we're in this hilarious situation where - forget all about hacking - none of the shit works if your wifi goes down. Or if you're out of range. Or theres a power outage. Or theres some weird problem with your router or internet connectivity. Never fear. As gamers, we all know none of that ever happens!

Household appliances. Toys. Hobby stuff, like the lights on your aquarium and shit.

All of it ruined by faggots who wanted to swipe and scroll instead of pushing a regular fucking button. Fucking smartphones: theres nothing they can't ruin.

[* I pulled this number out of my ass]

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users