Interstellar (2014)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There is no plan A without the wormhole in the first place and there's not much of a plan b either as there's not really any place to send them. The most logical solution is they came up with some plan that did work and was able to have at least some survive in order to evolve into the 5th dimensional beings.

The whole causality being irrelevant idea is nonsensical and can't be reconciled with the aliens being "us" if we go extinct within 50 or so years

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
McConughahaey could also just have been wrong about it being future humans. He mostly pulled that out of his ass anyway.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Kind of have to take plots like this one with a grain of salt. It's like "The Terminator" and "12 Monkeys." It creates a paradox, which is why time traveling into the past is probably not possible in the first place.

spronk

FPS noob

12 monkeys the TV show by the way is quite excellent and specifically goes out of its way to deal with time travel paradox issues

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone's ever thought of that. Tell us more about these deep thoughts of yours
I could try and explain it to you, but since you like shitty movies like this one you obviously lack the intelligence to comprehend the science involved.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Interstellar is the reason we can't have good movies anymore. Let me put this another way, some movies are so awesome because we watch them and through context see that human bonds and love are why the universe makes sense.
And then we watch crap like this and the director has the balls to have one character in the movie tell us what i just said instead of SHOWING US WHY.
Of course you can keep watching this shit and we will have fewer movies with substance to watch.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's funny how polarizing this movie is. Very few people seem to have moderate opinions on it. Nolan is very good at doing certain things and his movies are always very impressive visually, but often have flawed scripts and some other issues. All that said I recently rewatched this with someone that hadn't seen it when it was out in theaters originally. I still feel the same way about the movie that I did the first time I saw it. It's a pretty good movie with some issues, most of which have been brought up enough in this thread that I won't rehash them. Also Dark Knight has lost a bit of it's shine for me as well. I would rank it behind most of the Marvel movies now. Ledger was amazing, but the rest of the movie had a lot of issues.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
>Lifetime pass from the Dark Knight.

Memento, The Prestige, Insomnia ? Inception ? Really feels like the guy picked some stuff from iMDB forums and called it a youtube ad day.
Look here you fucking turd.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY talks shit about honest trailers and the amazing XCom council voice actor.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's funny how polarizing this movie is. Very few people seem to have moderate opinions on it. Nolan is very good at doing certain things and his movies are always very impressive visually, but often have flawed scripts and some other issues. All that said I recently rewatched this with someone that hadn't seen it when it was out in theaters originally. I still feel the same way about the movie that I did the first time I saw it. It's a pretty good movie with some issues, most of which have been brought up enough in this thread that I won't rehash them. Also Dark Knight has lost a bit of it's shine for me as well. I would rank it behind most of the Marvel movies now. Ledger was amazing, but the rest of the movie had a lot of issues.
That sums up pretty well what I think about nolan.
But be careful someone might call you an hipster for criticizing Nolan eheh

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love these usually, but this one felt forced. This honest trailer should have been based on the movie, not the preview of the movie. It is clear that the movie was not actually watched when this was done. He mentions the robot but misses a golden opportunity to knock the actors, by mentioning that the robots are more entertaining than the actors. It had a few chuckles, but it was not up to its usual quality.