Into the Badlands

Stave

Potato del Grande
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Into the Badlands

Genre: Action & Adventure

First aired: 2015-11-15

Creator: Miles Millar, Alfred Gough

Cast: Alexia Ioannides, Aramis Knight, Daniel Wu, Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger, Orla Brady, Madeleine Mantock, Oliver Stark

Overview: In a land controlled by feudal barons, a great warrior and a young boy embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment. A genre-bending martial arts series very loosely based on the classic Chinese tale Journey to the West.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 113038[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Into the Badlands[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-11-15[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In a land controlled by feudal barons, a great warrior and a young boy embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.

A genre-bending martial arts series very loosely based on the classic Chinese tale Journey to the West. [/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Looks interesting, I'll give it a few episodes at least because it's AMC. Seems like a mashup of genres.

spronk

FPS noob
looks cool, nice hong kong style action. reminds me a bit of the recent movie Last Knights

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider

New show starting on amc right after the walking dead on the 15th. Looks really interesting and if nothing else the fighting looks really well done.

joz123

Potato del Grande
As long as the combat is awesome I wouldn't care if the story was non-existent.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I liked it. Fighting scenes were impressive for a TV show and the story seems pretty interesting. Definitely my kind of show.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I was trying to catch the replay, and the AMC channel on my cable froze 10 minutes in. It's currently still frozen. It's only this channel so it fucking figures.

Oldbased

> Than U
I was semi into it until near the end when they played the song which was already used some in The Walking Dead. It was like really, can you not find another song other than one used in the series right before it?
I also hate how they FORCED people to watch it to see the next weeks preview for TWD which showed nothing anyways. I would have watched regardless but stuff like that just pisses me off anymore.

Column_sl

shitlord
It started off strong, but the problem with these type of TV series is they dump all their money into the pilots, and the pilot already looked pretty low budget.

I expect a lot of talking ,and very spread out action scenes over the course of the series when the action is the only thing that is interesting.

Hope I'm wrong tho

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It started off strong, but the problem with these type of TV series is they dump all their money into the pilots, and the pilot already looked pretty low budget.

I expect a lot of talking ,and very spread out action scenes over the course of the series when the action is the only thing that is interesting.

Hope I'm wrong tho
Yeah man, AMC got me several times with that scam. Blow me away with the pilot then put me to sleep with the rest of the season. The worst is still hanging tough through all the boredom then the finale gives you serious blue balls because AMC really really wants you to come back for season 2. Except you were the only putz to watch the the whole boring season and now the show is cancelled!

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I'm afraid of there being too much boring diaologue as well. All they need to do is make the story somewhat interesting and cohesive, keep the quality of the fighting scenes up and it will work. It feels like a live action anime of sorts.

I like the main baron dude, though it's obvious what will happen I think.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Fight choreography was very reminiscent of Brotherhood of the Wolf so that was a plus, story was ok though it seemed pretty standard but it all looked good. Had no clue it was produced by the Smallville guys, which I think are doing Elfstones of Shannara as well. I'll keep watching, kept me interested to at least DVR it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed it, setting seems interesting, story was ok, I like the cast, and the fights were highly entertaining.

Looking forward to the next episode.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database