Into the Badlands

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Granted, there are plenty of attractive younger women on this show that I'd love to have show up naked on my doorstep, but the Baron's wife is damn good looking for a 54-year-old! I had no idea she was that old.
Orla was Walter's wife in Fringe, still looks good as ever.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Given how the Baron's 2nd wife died, I think it is safe to assume how the current wife found herself where she is
wink.png
Seems a little too obvious. I'm thinking that maybe the blonde is trying to set up first wife, given what we know of the blonde and her and the son's motivations.

Caliane

so, uh. the creators of this read East of West and didn't want to pay for it right?

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm actually enjoying the show even if it's abit cliche.

I wonder if the Grand dad is some super clergy bad ass

Cybsled

I'm actually enjoying the show even if it's abit cliche.

I wonder if the Grand dad is some super clergy bad ass
No doubt. They seem to know about people like MK and want to "cleanse" the dark one, which either means they know how to kill them no problem or know how to neutralize the power.

Caliane

On ep 4 now.
the ease at which they raid each others fortresses is a bit lol.

Baron just gets a posse, and runs right into widows home and kills all her people, and almost her.... Then, somehow she does the same, while he is out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking of the introduction from this show when I watched the beginning of Childhood's End. This intro was shit, Childhood's End intro is how it's done.

Cybsled

Ya, I dug this season. If they can renew stuff like Hell on Wheels for a 2nd season, this show deserves a 2nd season no question.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ya, I dug this season. If they can renew stuff like Hell on Wheels for a 2nd season, this show deserves a 2nd season no question.
Are you dissing Hell on Wheels here? That show is pure awesome for the first 3 seasons. This show is awesome too. Want more Baroness. Preferably with less clothing.

Cybsled

Are you dissing Hell on Wheels here? That show is pure awesome for the first 3 seasons. This show is awesome too. Want more Baroness. Preferably with less clothing.
It was ok, but it had garbage ratings. The fact AMC let it go for as long as they did at least shows they are willing to let shows run for a bit.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Why the Badlands ratings dipped so much is beyond me. Hell, my 70-year old mother enjoyed the hell out of it.

Fun and beautiful show. Pray it gives a renewal.

Oldbased

> Than U
The dip on several show sites claimed to be backlash from them forcing people to watch it between TWD and the TTD. I agree it was shitty form and almost turned me off to the show as well, until I watched the first episode.
People don't like being forced into something( watch for next weeks scenes 10 minutes into this new show blah blah ).

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm sorry but this show sucks. "Into the Badlands". Why would anyone call the place where this takes place "The Badlands". Yeah, this place where we're growing all kinds of shit and there's trees and rivers and pretty colors everywhere is fucking terrible, let's call it the badlands. This desert where nothing grows is awesome, let's call it Paradise! Bleh, who writes this crap?

All of the wire-fu is pretty bad and obvious. It WAS cool, back in like 1995. Shows like Banshee and Daredevil have spoiled me when it comes to martial arts action.

Widow character is way too badass, more overuse of the nigh super-powered 110lb female ass-kicker trope.

Guns are outlawed, so we have dark magic powered monks driving an old Ford instead? GTFO of here with that bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Sweet! I really enjoyed this show. It had it's issues like any show does but it really brought me back to Sunday mornings in the 80's watching terrible kung fu movies on channel 11.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Sweet! I really enjoyed this show. It had it's issues like any show does but it really brought me back to Sunday mornings in the 80's watching terrible kung fu movies on channel 11.
+1 and rest in peace good old WPIX, had the best weekend mix of bad movies in the 70's and 80's